IGNORED

Clarke Carlisle

Esmond Million's Bung

Very bright and articulate man who as others have said had his demons.

I saw a documentary about footballers and depression not that long ago and he played his part in it, as did Dean Windass. Carlilse was very open and honest about how his depression affected him and his family. He had recovered at the time of the programme.

I hope he recovers fully.

Is there any suggestion that this was a suicide attempt? Must admit it was my first thought

Bloody hope not and don't like to speculate but has to be a possibility considering everything. A pedestrian colliding with a lorry on an A road is a bit odd.

I really hope he makes a speedy recovery. Thoughts are with him and his family.

Bloody hope not and don't like to speculate but has to be a possibility considering everything. A pedestrian colliding with a lorry on an A road is a bit odd.

I really hope he makes a speedy recovery. Thoughts are with him and his family.

My thoughts exactly, something didn't add up. Glad to hear he's stable

Not having a pop at anybody here as my first thought was also that depression may have been the reason, but I thought the Mail article was a bit poor. We don't know that was the reason for what's happened but the second part of the article seems to imply it was, without any evidence at all. Anyway, hope he makes a full recovery.

BBC reporting the same. He was charged with refusing to provide a sample. Hope that has nothing to do with his accident a few days later.

A shame if that was the case, did anyone watch the documentary about suicidal footballers he hosted awhile back? there was a bit about him and his family. A real family man, and I remember his son saying he didn't want to be a footballer because he didn't want to get hurt. Everyone laughed but there wasn't any pressure to take on the boots :)

Archived