IGNORED

Ched Evans

Real Red

So back to my original argument with Dolly last month where she insisted I would be a rapist in that scenario, she stands corrected. Thank you.

I don't recall seeing it, but since then you did make posts based on a lack of understanding of the law. I'm not having a go, but you're not using me as a "Fordy said so, so Dolly is wrong!"

"It has divided opinion of course. When you look at the case in detail - and I don't think most people have really, because they have just seen Ched Evans as a convicted rapist - but when you look at the case and the evidence then certainly Ched has got a case."

Views of a Premier League Manager, pretty much has summed up what I'm been saying and others don't understand, there is a lot more to this than a headline that so many are just looking at

"It has divided opinion of course. When you look at the case in detail - and I don't think most people have really, because they have just seen Ched Evans as a convicted rapist - but when you look at the case and the evidence then certainly Ched has got a case."

Views of a Premier League Manager, pretty much has summed up what I'm been saying and others don't understand, there is a lot more to this than a headline that so many are just looking at

Oh brilliant. just when you think things can get any worse someone suggests Steve The ****tard Bruce as an informed person.

And herein the thread should be locked. No one can top that.

Views of a Premier League Manager, pretty much has summed up what I'm been saying and others don't understand, there is a lot more to this than a headline that so many are just looking at

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Trust me - it's honestly not that others don't understand your argument.  I understand your argument perfectly well.  I just also think it's naive, heavily reliant on rumours and discredited 'facts' and ignores every single fact of the case in preference for assumptions and stereotypes about rape victims. 

I think that our justice system is the best in the world. By a long shot. I had the privilege of seeing some things I'd never seen last week and while you'll understand that I cannot go into detail, you'd be amazed at what tools the police have when things go seriously wrong. Hence why our record at convicting murderers is so good.

I think that juries can get things wrong, but there are tens of thousands of trials every year so it's bound to happen. incidentally I don't think they got this one wrong.

I don't think he's given up his right to be a footballer, I'm very much on the being able to carry on camp, but probably not while on license. However, the paying fans have the right to have a say and anyone suggesting this shouldn't be the case is as wrong as those suggesting Evans isn't a rapist.

Fordy, I'm curious to know how you can say that about a justice system that sends cold-hearted murderers down for 15 years.

These Welsh footballers should stick to what they know best:-

SHEEP.

Get one of these beauties over the edge of a cliff, back legs down your wellies, and there is NEVER any consent issues*.

Regards,

TFR

* TFR does not condone sheep sh*****g. I am merely commenting.

Run out of time, but I got up to the point where it discusses Evans having oral sex with her. Personally I would accept that as suggestion that consent is given for sex, more so than sharing a taxi ride. If this activity is not disputed, surprised he got done TBH. Are you really gonna bother going down on someone if you had the opportunity to just sexually assault them?

Bit odd. 

Fordy, I'm curious to know how you can say that about a justice system that sends cold-hearted murderers down for 15 years.

You've got me there. I was making no reference to sentencing, I'm wholly in agreement with you there. I was merely suggesting that it is the justice system that is least likely to convict the innocent.

Oh brilliant. just when you think things can get any worse someone suggests Steve The ****tard Bruce as an informed person.

And herein the thread should be locked. No one can top that.

Reported by the National Media by someone in high profile position, managers get asked a question.  That's his view, just because it's not of the sheepish mob mentality that think he should withdraw his appeal and forsake his human rights.

Also, on the oral sex bit, Evans is claiming the girl asked him to.

In his head, he is probably thinking "Ok, then I can have sex with her". 

He knows his mate has just been in there, so I seriously doubt he would have done that unless she did really ask him to.

In which case, again, is this not a reasonable basis for him to belief he will obtain consent for sex?

Anyone?

You've got me there. I was making no reference to sentencing, I'm wholly in agreement with you there. I was merely suggesting that it is the justice system that is least likely to convict the innocent.

and yet it does happen in both low and high profile cases.

not saying this is one of them.o

He knows his mate has just been in there, so I seriously doubt he would have done that unless she did really ask him to.

In which case, again, is this not a reasonable basis for him to belief he will obtain consent for sex?

Anyone?

That third paragraph is a bit dubious Dez!

Anyone?

That third paragraph is a bit dubious Dez!

Anyone?

The Law does not take personal views about consent into account (if a woman is under the influence and is begging for it, then you take your chances - if she wakes up the following day and complains, you are in the do do) - having sex while pissed, you take your chances. Ched has found this out the hard way.

Gone are the old days where this sort of thing would have been laughed out of court and there will be other fellas who will fall foul of this (due to their antiquated views about consent). Get used to it guys because the old days are well and truly over.

He's a ******* Geordie, what would he know about consent?.

The Law does not take personal views about consent into account (if a woman is under the influence and is begging for it, then you take your chances - if she wakes up the following day and complains, you are in the do do) - having sex while pissed, you take your chances. Ched has found this out the hard way.

Gone are the old days where this sort of thing would have been laughed out of court and there will be other fellas who will fall foul of this (due to their antiquated views about consent). Get used to it guys because the old days are well and truly over.

So if a man and a woman get drunk together and then have sex, and then the woman wakes up and decides that she didn't really want to have sex after all, the man can get into trouble?

Archived