IGNORED

Rhoys Wiggins

Negan

That removes any big name managers straight away. 

Anyone know and decent "yes men" who'll fancy the job?

I get the point about recruitment being something that might be considered outside of the manager alone. But recruiting before the manager has arrived is bonkers. 

Looking around, the Sheffield Wednesday fans seem to absolutely hate him, saying he's awful. Why didn't we just keep Cunningham. Still, if he comes here, clean slate, I wont judge him on how shit he has been elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I get the point about recruitment being something that might be considered outside of the manager alone. But recruiting before the manager has arrived is bonkers. 

With the size of our squad I don't think it's bonkers at all. If we are to sign players before the new manager comes in, he should appreciate that the squad was so thin that urgent transfers had to be made, especially since we're past halfway through the window.

We have far too few players to see out the rest of the season; if appointing a manager takes 2 weeks we are stuck with frees and (2 more?) loans.

Get a manager in and tell him he can Sign what he can get over the line in Jan and have a reshuffle in the summer if he's that 'big'.

Players have to be brought in otherwise we're back where we started.

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Looking around, the Sheffield Wednesday fans seem to absolutely hate him, saying he's awful. Why didn't we just keep Cunningham. Still, if he comes here, clean slate, I wont judge him on how shit he has been elsewhere.

As he's only been at Wednesday since August, it's possible he just didn't settle there for whatever reason. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

With the size of our squad I don't think it's bonkers at all. If we are to sign players before the new manager comes in, he should appreciate that the squad was so thin that urgent transfers had to be made, especially since we're past halfway through the window.

But buying a player and paying his wages before whether we know if he'll get any game time if/when a new manager comes in isn't?

1 minute ago, City169 said:

As he's only been at Wednesday since August, it's possible he just didn't settle there for whatever reason. 

aaah, didn't know that. Still this transfer makes no sense. Joe Bryan can play left back, so can Williams, both comfortably, each of them offering a different style. What would Wiggins bring in?

4 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

A fair point, if there is no immediate prospect of a manager arriving. Which is worrying. 

Although we appear to have recruited 2 new players - Bobby Reid and Wes Burns. 

4 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

But buying a player and paying his wages before whether we know if he'll get any game time if/when a new manager comes in isn't?

Well he's guaranteed to at least make the bench! And given that we don't have a natural left back I think it's a safe assumption that he'd get game time.

18 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Most big name managers these days are accustomed to going into roles where they're not in sole charge of player recrutiment.  This might rule out big egos but not big name managers.

That said, I'd rather we weren't recruiting before the manager was in place BUT Aaron is right that he plays in a position nobody in the team naturally plays in and, to be honest, it's a big gamble waiting for a new manager given we're halfway through the transfer window.

16 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Why indeed?  I think that's certainly something our previous manager should answer.

7 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Well we signed loan player when we had a manager that didn't get any game time !

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

aaah, didn't know that. Still this transfer makes no sense. Joe Bryan can play left back, so can Williams, both comfortably, each of them offering a different style. What would Wiggins bring in?

I would say they could both do a job at wingback, but JB looks way more comfortable going forward or slightly higher up the pitch , and DW looked like a fish out of water at times yesterday. A genuine left back would be a handy addition, specially if yesterdays formation sticks.

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm not sure about this either , but joe and del are square pegs round holes. Joe is really a winger and del a centre half . We need a proper left back 

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Well we signed loan player when we had a manager that didn't get any game time !

I would say they could both do a job at wingback, but JB looks way more comfortable going forward or slightly higher up the pitch , and DW looked like a fish out of water at times yesterday. A genuine left back would be a handy addition, specially if yesterdays formation sticks.

i havent seen him play this season but the commentary i hear suggests Joe Bryan is a much better attacking threat without the defensive worry

edit.

meant to add totally agree with you.

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm not sure about this either , but joe and del are square pegs round holes. Joe is really a winger and del a centre half . We need a proper left back 

I agree with your assessment of Williams, very much a centre half that can do a job a left back if required. As for Joe, if you ask him he will tell you his preferred position is left back.

Archived