IGNORED

Rhoys Wiggins

Negan

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

aaah, didn't know that. Still this transfer makes no sense. Joe Bryan can play left back, so can Williams, both comfortably, each of them offering a different style. What would Wiggins bring in?

think its more because Williams is more of a left sided CB, and although we have Baker there for now, that's just for the season, and Bryan is a pretty versatile left sided player. If yesterday is anything to go by he is seen as more of a left midfielder, and he is undeniably more attacking minded than your average left back

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

And let's see him play before we write him off too. 

Not the OTIB way though is it? If it's not a £1m+ deal or Ronaldo then they're obviously not good enough for all the Otib Managers!

If this is true, then welcome to the mad house Wiggins but stay the hell away from OTIB. 

remember all the fuss when we signed wilbs don't hang them till we know if they deserve it

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Really? At the expense of a tiny knackered squad I would suggest.

Poor management in my book.

Poor management going for quality??? 

Dont get get me wrong it would appear Cotterill was after top end of the championship perhaps, yet if we're considering purchasing players who aren't going to challenger the starting eleven, we may as well sign Tommy Tucker from Totterdown Reserves. 

Im aware we need number but they must be on at least a par of what we've got, don't you think?  

5 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

Poor management going for quality??? 

Dont get get me wrong it would appear Cotterill was after top end of the championship perhaps, yet if we're considering purchasing players who aren't going to challenger the starting eleven, we may as well sign Tommy Tucker from Totterdown Reserves. 

Im aware we need number but they must be on at least a par of what we've got, don't you think?  

Poor management in not going for players who would be able to genuinely compete for a place in the squad even though they might not be absolute top drawer/cost millions. He never stopped banging on about how tired the players were. Maybe thats because he hadn't got enough of a competent squad together so as he could rotate/change the formation. Having a tiny squad is poor management. Not changing the 352 when necessary was poor management. As we've seen letting Cunningham go was poor management.

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

And Flint and others. The list goes on.

I just cannot believe we have fans that write players off before they've even kicked a ball in our team.

Are you deliberately missing the point? No-one is writing off an individual player. I am talking about our fundamental policy on transfers.

Do you go for proven quality and pay the going rate - which WILL give you a good chance of achieving the stated aim of prem football.

Or do you say - 'here is £2-300k go take a punt on someone you reckon might turn out to be a good buy'. SL prefers the latter - it is akin to searching the penny shares to make a killing in his day job. 

I just think we have tried that for years and it always ends the same way. It is a policy more likely to deliver L1 than prem.

18 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Poor management in not going for players who would be able to genuinely compete for a place in the squad even though they might not be absolute top drawer/cost millions. He never stopped banging on about how tired the players were. Maybe thats because he hadn't got enough of a competent squad together so as he could rotate/change the formation. Having a tiny squad is poor management. Not changing the 352 when necessary was poor management. As we've seen letting Cunningham go was poor management.

I'm not disagreeing about the managements incompetence in respect of the size of the squad, yet I challenging you on signing players who aren't as good if not better than what we've already got. Whilst I'm fully aware numbers are ridiculously low, to sign players purely for a quantity purpose as you've alluded would also put us back to where we were a few years ago with bog average players/past there sell by date signed purely for "clubs in the bag" mentality.

The above isn't in respect of Wiggins, I'm talking about signing players in general. 

With reference to Cunningham, I would openly guess that the majority of City fans who eyes are often blinded by players from the academy, would've let him go as Joe Bryan was set to be the next premier league star in our ranks after 1 season in league one. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

1 minute ago, Port Pete said:

I'm not disagreeing about the managements incompetence in respect of the size of the squad, yet I challenging you on signing players who aren't as good if not better than what we've already got. Whilst I'm fully aware numbers are ridiculously low, to sign players purely for a quantity purpose as you've alluded would also put us back to where we were a few years ago with bog average players/past there sell by date signed purely for "clubs in the bag" mentality.

The above isn't in respect of Wiggins, I'm talking about signing players in general. 

With reference to Cunningham, I would openly guess that the majority of City fans who eyes are often blinded by players from the academy, would've let him go as Joe Bryan was set to be the next premier league star in our ranks after 1 season in league one. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

I'm not suggesting SC should have signed players less good than we have, but hanging out for 'quality' instead of keeping the strength of the overall squad up has partly been responsible for our situation. He obviously felt that the players outside of the usual suspects we not up to it.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

So if he's that good why are they letting him go at a loss after a few months? And why do the Wed fans have such negative opinions on him?

I don't know anything about him tbh so this isn't really about him in particular. Maybe it will turn out to be a bargain. All I am saying is this is an illustration of where the club really wants to go. Buy them in cheap and hope some turn out to be gems. As opposed to chasing quality and paying big bucks.

This is partly why we have struggled at this level. You pay peanuts.........

We gave Palace fans such good reviews of Bolasie didn't we :facepalm:

He's a good player with championship experience, a position we're short in, good age, good fee - makes sense to me. Just because the new manager isn't in place yet doesn't mean we wait with such a small squad.

Who knows, maybe we have a manager in place, he's ok'd the signing and we're going to announce the new boss tomorrow?

28 and never played for Wales, really?!

And we want/wanted this guy? Don't know a lot about him, but if he's half decent, then he must at least have caps for Wales if he's Welsh and deemed good enough for the Championship.

As mentioned, our transfer policy is bullshit, but is he the sort of guy we want to improve our squad?

Our transfer policy was actually very good in summer 2014, and our consultant then, whom we are told was instrumental in those signings, is now our Director of Operations, and our Director of Football, who identified targets then, is still with us. Have faith, folks.

Seeing as we have no out and out LBs at the club I'd suggest he would be a very good addition to the squad. Not sure all the negativity towards this tbh. 

On one hand people say we should be looking at bargains from lower leagues, well they will be 'cheap' so the chance to get someone in who's played this league before for 'cheap' should be explored shouldn't it?

What is or should be the going rate for a player? Should we go back to Wednesday and say actually we wanna give you £1m to appease the fans as that will automatically mean he's a better player? Perhaps 300k is what most players in our league should be going for and we're potentiallygetting a solid deal? I wonder if the Leicester fans were moaning on their forum when they only payed 500k for Myrez (sp?)

The squad is so depleted that if we had to spend 1m + for every squad place we need to improve we'd probably be looking at at least 15m 

Archived