IGNORED

Sam Allardyce

North London Red

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I believe this raises major questions about The FA itself who appointed Allardyce.

Did they do due diligence ?

We need a thorough cleansing of Football's Augean stables

I think everyone knew Big Sam has not got the cleanest past. 

Sorry if someone has posted a similar reply to what I am about to say but on the way to work and haven't time to read it all. This is just the tip of the iceberg unfortunately. A lot of managers do things like this only big Sam was stupid enough to be caught. It's part of the game now unfortunately and it won't be going away any time soon. I don't see how the FA can keep him on as England manager now after he has been caught on camera effectively taking money from his employers till, however, knowing the FA and the clear lack of testicles that they are oh so missing, I wouldn't be surprised to see him just have a slap on the wrist and do some big media apology. I might sound a tad dramatic when I say this but I genuinely think that the FA's decision is make or break for English football. If they decide to stick with him then we can kiss goodbye to us hosting any tournaments in the next 30-50 years as the FA will just be seen as a laugh and a corrupt laugh at that! I might sound like a drama queen but I do believe this. I saw the end coming a few years ago when I decided to give up on the national team as they clearly gave up on us the fans...just didn't think the downfall would be this quick.

1) He does say that in order to finalise the £400,000 deal that he would have to get the blessing from the FA. This is in the video, but naturally the Telegraph leave that out of the print.

2) What he says about Hodgson, Neville and the players is spot on and exactly why the appointment of Allerdyce was seen as so positive. They are weak as characters, and the tactics employed were shocking.

3) Can't disagree with what he says about Wembley - bare in mind he is talking from a purely monetary perspective. What he says is a fact. The stadium cost £870m to build, when similar cost £400m at the same time.

4) The comments regarding third party ownership, surely, are just constructive. Rather than hounding Allerdyce for talking about these loopholes, how about the FA fix them? Maybe he's done a good deed there.

5) Once talks of player bungs come up, he calls them idiots and disassociates himself from such talk.

Non-story. It's not like he was doing something wrong an the Telegraph caught him in the act, they've tried setting a trap, and failed miserably in capturing him.

14 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If he does go it surely leaves the FA with only one serious option for manager which would be bad news for supporters of a certain team in red and black stripes.

I don't think we'd go for the AC Milan manager.... 

British newspapers never cease to amaze me with what they will do to try and get a story.

I also wonder what the result would be if the Journalists themselves were investigated to see how squeaky clean they are.  Most of them just seem to be self righteous and judgemental.

1 hour ago, Clarky89 said:

1) He does say that in order to finalise the £400,000 deal that he would have to get the blessing from the FA. This is in the video, but naturally the Telegraph leave that out of the print.

2) What he says about Hodgson, Neville and the players is spot on and exactly why the appointment of Allerdyce was seen as so positive. They are weak as characters, and the tactics employed were shocking.

3) Can't disagree with what he says about Wembley - bare in mind he is talking from a purely monetary perspective. What he says is a fact. The stadium cost £870m to build, when similar cost £400m at the same time.

4) The comments regarding third party ownership, surely, are just constructive. Rather than hounding Allerdyce for talking about these loopholes, how about the FA fix them? Maybe he's done a good deed there.

5) Once talks of player bungs come up, he calls them idiots and disassociates himself from such talk.

Non-story. It's not like he was doing something wrong an the Telegraph caught him in the act, they've tried setting a trap, and failed miserably in capturing him.

Having already been mired in a previous scandal, what could possibly motivate an England manager to meet with unknown business men from a far east company?, why after securing his dream job would he put that job in jeopardy? and secondly he clearly believes that he is in trouble, but hey maybe he thought it was charitable work.

Cannot see a lot wrong there, agree with Olé.

Would he have been better staying at home and watching the telly? Yes.

So not exactly the smartest tool in the box but unless people are comfortable with Hoddle who else is there of British origin? Well, I suppose as long as he's an Anglo Saxon, Norman or Viking its the same thing right?

Typical of certain people to react to a story without knowing the whole facts or even bothering to read the whole text that is given.

He said he would have to clear any dealings with the FA and made it very clear what he could and could not be associated with.

it shows in the text that he says third party ownership happens and it could be got around...but later said he would not put his name to such practices.

As far as I can see from the text and video shown, he's done nothing wrong. In fact he's given reasons why he cannot associate himself to such practices.

In fact all he's agreed to do in practice, is roll up 4 times a year and speak about football to Investors in the company...and has declared he wouldn't give advice or put his name to illegal practices.

Did anyone read this part...? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-how-sam-allardyce-tried-to-make-as-much-money-as-possi/

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Having already been mired in a previous scandal, what could possibly motivate an England manager to meet with unknown business men from a far east company?, why after securing his dream job would he put that job in jeopardy? and secondly he clearly believes that he is in trouble, but hey maybe he thought it was charitable work.

I agree - and it shows the lamentable lack of judgement associated with Allardyce throughout his career.

Let's hope the Torygraph also investigate a certain Gas-loving recent inductee into the Football Hall of Fame whose finances are murkier than the bed of the Avon.

It is true to say that he has hardly committed a capital crime, but the FA's history shows they act on the furore rather than facts and I wouldn't be surprised if he was toast.

If that happens, I won't be that bothered. I don't like the man; I don't like his boorish personality and his views on football are out of the Ark.

To those saying "who else is there?": I don't think any England fan would object to a foreign manager providing he knows the game here well.

Not technically don't much wrong, Just very Poor judgement on allardyce's behalf, to air all those opinions to people that are not in your close circle is foolish with to much self belief, the latter being what a lot of fans believe will give him success in the role. Personally think he is over rated and believes his own hype a little to much would prefer Howe to lead  and galvanise our nation team. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

To those saying "who else is there?": I don't think any England fan would object to a foreign manager providing he knows the game here well.

I'm not so sure about that. I would object to a foreign manager and plenty of the other England fans I know would too. To me it completely defeats the object of international football if richer countries can pay huge salaries to attract coaches or managers (and in some cases players) from other countries. One of the good things about international football is that poorer countries can (and regularly do) beat richer countries, whereas money is king in the club game (the odd anomaly aside, e.g. Leicester City). Work with what you've got - 'the best of ours against the best of yours' - and if that means the best we can do is Steve McClaren or Kevin Keegan, so be it. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

If that happens, I won't be that bothered. I don't like the man; I don't like his boorish personality and his views on football are out of the Ark.

Have to disagree with you there RR, his public/media personality is so different to his personal one, and as for his views on football, he introduced sports science, psychology, statistical analysis, nutrition advice etc etc many moons ago. 

He was the first manager to make use of Pro Zone and the first to introduce statistical analysts into club football. Man City's Current Head of Global Talent Management started as an analyst under Sam at Bolton. Allardyce's tactical plans to exploit opponents' weaknesses are incredibly detailed and flexible, and have been for yonks.

Ivan Campo said Sam taught him all he knew about football whilst he was with Bolton, and he'd previously been a player with Real Madrid and Valencia etc.

Yourri Djorkaeff and Fernando Hierro were able to play until their late thirties at the top level with Sam at Bolton because he took the players to seminars on nutrition, diet, supplements, recovery etc etc - and all this was over 15 years ago.

He's anything but 'out of the Ark' 

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Not technically don't much wrong, Just very Poor judgement on allardyce's behalf, to air all those opinions to people that are not in your close circle is foolish with to much self belief, the latter being what a lot of fans believe will give him success in the role. Personally think he is over rated and believes his own hype a little to much would prefer Howe to lead  and galvanise our nation team. 

Today's report is only the tip of the iceberg, much more and much worst to come

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Have to disagree with you there RR, his public personality/media is so different to his personal one, and as for his views on football, he introduced sports science, psychology, statistical analysis, nutrition advice etc etc many moons ago. 

He was the first manager to make use of Pro Zone and the first to introduce statistical analysts into club football. Man City's Current Head of Global Talent Management started as an analyst under Sam at Bolton. Allardyce's tactical plans to exploit opponents' weaknesses are incredibly detailed and flexible, and have been for yonks.

Ivan Campo said Sam taught him all he knew about football whilst he was with Bolton, and he'd previously been a player with Real Madrid and Valencia etc.

Yourri Djorkaeff and Fernando Hierro were able to play until their late thirties at the top level with Sam at Bolton because he took the players to seminars on nutrition, diet, supplements, recovery etc etc - and all this was over 15 years ago.

He's anything but 'out of the Ark' 

He left Bolton in 2007. His glory days are long behind him.

Recent record: just about kept Sunderland up, but the club's still a basket case; underperformed with West Ham.

Yes he played a role in bringing forward sports science when at the Trotters (although fans there will tell you others had more to do with it), but yes, dull long-ball football is from the Ark.

Archived