IGNORED

Sam Allardyce

North London Red

3 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Moral compass!!!

Even the FA decided not to brush the sweaty lipped fat bread heads greed and corruption under the carpet for the sake of 1 - 0 wins v Slovakia,

Presented with a chance of promoting their darling yes man Southgate in to post without the controversy of having done it in the summer, without paying SA his exorbitant salary or paying him off. 

No, don't doubt they would pass that up. I imagine the Bollinger was opened last night when they knew this was breaking. 

19 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Where's the moral compass pointing in finding it remotely acceptable that some bloke was sat in an office on Fleet St and thought 'I'll try and catch this bloke out; if he passes the test we will not release it, if he doesn't we might sell a few more papers [except we won't, because no-one buys papers]'?

That's a damn strange moral compass in my view. 

I may be wrong, and we can certainly agree to disagree, but I'm yet to meet a man who hasn't given in to temptation at some point.

The press didn't speculatively go after him.  It would of been common knowledge that Alardyce was into his dodgy deals.  Just amazing he hasn't been caught before.  The blokes a crook,  he doesn't need an apologist like you sticking up for him.  The press do a great job in exposing politicians,  corrupt businessmen etc, and long may it continue. And I'm sure the widespread belief that Alardyce has been involved in many other crooked deals,  is well founded.  The old adage 'It takes a thief to catch a thief'  has finally bitten his fat greedy ass !  And we should rejoice that the FA have a zero tolerance to this sort of behaviour. Otherwise,  how on earth could we crow at the shambolic's that is Fifa? 

41 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Where's the moral compass pointing in finding it remotely acceptable that some bloke was sat in an office on Fleet St and thought 'I'll try and catch this bloke out; if he passes the test we will not release it, if he doesn't we might sell a few more papers [except we won't, because no-one buys papers]'?

I may be wrong, and we can certainly agree to disagree, but I'm yet to meet a man who hasn't given in to temptation at some point.

The Telegraph say they were given information on a few managers and more is being released soon, you'd not make a great journalist if you didn't follow a tip like that up. And then you'd see how far it went, hence the bung question.

3 hours ago, shelts said:

To be fair to Sam he has an excellent record as England manager.....unbeaten!!!

The best English candidate for I is Eddie Howe maybe he could have a good assistant like maybe Glenn Hoddle?

Hoddle would be my next shout but please no Bruce or Pardew!!

I agree and even more so after finding this article (via the bbc). Its a bit old but a genuinely good read.

7 hours ago, 29AR said:

Every Man you've ever met?

I gather the FA have paid £1m severance.

Which goes to prove there was no contractual gross misconduct and this is just the FA being forced into a showy action solely as a PR exercise as a result of this vague, non-revelationary Telegraph setup. If Allardyce has done anything so bad or in breach of his contract, sack him and don't give him a penny. If he hasn't, tell him to be a bit smarter, then man up and get behind your England manager in public. The FA have done neither, they've been puppets to the press.

I can't decide who I find more loathsome, journalists who achieve nothing in their lives and engage in all kinds of dodgy dealings and boozy vacuous gossiping to get their stories, yet set themselves up as moral judge and jury for business conduct, or the faceless FA top brass, who wrap themselves in the exact same gifts, lobbying, opulence, and are nose in the same trough as all the other FIFA parasites, yet always ready to hang actual footballing figures out to dry if needed.

I don't know why I find it so frustrating - as some of you know, England isn't even my team. But as a neutral I just feel so sorry for England fans who always get second best, not just from their players, but first and foremost from this appeasing wishy washy football body who never ever appoint the best choice of LEADER, but are always looking for some clean cut compromise to appease the moralizing chattering classes, who don't care about football or football fans to begin with.

8 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

The press didn't speculatively go after him.  It would of been common knowledge that Alardyce was into his dodgy deals.  Just amazing he hasn't been caught before.  The blokes a crook,  he doesn't need an apologist like you sticking up for him.  The press do a great job in exposing politicians,  corrupt businessmen etc, and long may it continue. And I'm sure the widespread belief that Alardyce has been involved in many other crooked deals,  is well founded.  The old adage 'It takes a thief to catch a thief'  has finally bitten his fat greedy ass !  And we should rejoice that the FA have a zero tolerance to this sort of behaviour. Otherwise,  how on earth could we crow at the shambolic's that is Fifa? 

Very nicely put! I'm in 100% in agreement. 

He should never have got the job in the first place and I'm not remotely disappointed that he's gone.

The FA should do all they can to recruit Eddie Howe IMO.

37 minutes ago, Olé said:

I gather the FA have paid £1m severance.

Which goes to prove there was no contractual gross misconduct and this is just the FA being forced into a showy action solely as a PR exercise as a result of this vague, non-revelationary Telegraph setup. If Allardyce has done anything so bad or in breach of his contract, sack him and don't give him a penny. If he hasn't, tell him to be a bit smarter, then man up and get behind your England manager in public. The FA have done neither, they've been puppets to the press.

I can't decide who I find more loathsome, journalists who achieve nothing in their lives and engage in all kinds of dodgy dealings and boozy vacuous gossiping to get their stories, yet set themselves up as moral judge and jury for business conduct, or the faceless FA top brass, who wrap themselves in the exact same gifts, lobbying, opulence, and are nose in the same trough as all the other FIFA parasites, yet always ready to hang actual footballing figures out to dry if needed.

I don't know why I find it so frustrating - as some of you know, England isn't even my team. But as a neutral I just feel so sorry for England fans who always get second best, not just from their players, but first and foremost from this appeasing wishy washy football body who never ever appoint the best choice of LEADER, but are always looking for some clean cut compromise to appease the moralizing chattering classes, who don't care about football or football fans to begin with.

Or it shows that The FA are happy to part with a seven-figure sum for their old friend Allardyce, after all, he saved them a lot of money by not having to be sacked. Since when has the requirement of being sacked from a football manager's job been the same as someone working in McDonald's? He's not going to take them to court if he goes.

Let me take that chip off your shoulder Ole, he got found out showing a bunch of people he'd only just met, in a public bar, the way to get around his bosses' rules. Now that's not only aiding the breaking of FA rules, it's also ******* stupid. Sam is only unfortunate in that it could have been anyone else the Telegraph stung, but he is at the very top of the game and should know better.

Also, I think you're getting your "dodgy dealings" mixed up between the red tops and The Telegraph. They found evidence he might do something like this, they tested the water, he got caught out. Lock them up, you say.

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Very nicely put! I'm in 100% in agreement. 

He should never have got the job in the first place and I'm not remotely disappointed that he's gone.

The FA should do all they can to recruit Eddie Howe IMO.

Yes I agree. It's obvious if the FA INSIST on an Englishman. Otherwise Klopp does seem a decent choice!

9 hours ago, 29AR said:

I have to agree.  Its almost entrapment in my opinion.  Granted, he shouldn't have been such a greedy fool.  But it does leave a slightly bad taste in my mouth.  Some (small) sympathy with Allardyce to be honest.  

13 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Also, I think you're getting your "dodgy dealings" mixed up between the red tops and The Telegraph. They found evidence he might do something like this, they tested the water, he got caught out. Lock them up, you say.

Disagree. This was straight out of the handbook of another now defunct red top, same methods as they employed with their 'fake sheikh'. 

19 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Disagree. This was straight out of the handbook of another now defunct red top, same methods as they employed with their 'fake sheikh'. 

Except the Fake Sheikh just went on a scattergun approach until Sven's mouth was left open. The Sun were just looking for a story.

Sam has been caught up in worse before, only without any proof. The Telegraph got a tip, used it and Sam fell hook line and sinker.

If they hadn't, would he be doing this with someone else, while he public sit ignorant to it?

17 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Except the Fake Sheikh just went on a scattergun approach until Sven's mouth was left open. The Sun were just looking for a story.

Sam has been caught up in worse before, only without any proof. The Telegraph got a tip, used it and Sam fell hook line and sinker.

If they hadn't, would he be doing this with someone else, while he public sit ignorant to it?

The Telegraph claim they have caught eight. I'm not so convinced it wasn't as scattergun as you insist. 

I make no defence of those who are caught. With Sam, on what was presented, I still haven't seen the 'advice' just an admission of West Ham having bought from two parties and third party ownership being rife in some countries. Perhaps I'm missing a puzzle peice. If he's done wrong he has only himself to blame. Completely.

But conversely I don't think these means justify the end game, which isn't public interest anyway its circulation. The press practicing subterfuge just stinks to me. 

The Irony of all this, is that the fella who brought all these accusations forward and got the ball rolling, is a Banned Agent known for being 'unreliable'.

I can't believe how holier than thou' people are being. Apart from being naive and poorly guided by his agents for turning up to such a meeting, Big Sam has done nothing wrong.

People say it's 'Greed' and yes he was on a £3m contract...however...who would turn down 400K for basically a weeks worth of time? That amount of time isn't going to effect his ability to manage England properly.

Even with all the amount of money 'sloshing' about in British football...it still needs Investors, and many of them are from the middle East and abroad.

Do people slate SL for having other businesses in such countries as Botswanna and call him Greedy? Did people accuse him of not controlling the Club properly whilst doing 'deals' abroad. No...of course they didn't. It's the same scenario...businessmen doing business.

It's a 'stitch up' and witch hunt by the media...to sell papers. Lets face it...they aren't doing it for the good of the game, they are doing it to sell papers and make more money for themselves, by taking down people. Like they are 'whiter than white'.

Without the witch hunt, Big Sam would have carried on as normal and all would be fine. Lets face it...what's he done wrong? If he had gone on holiday for a week...no one would have minded. The fact he's spending a week making 400K is what's going against the grain to 'normal fans'.

I find it laughable that fans are so quick to point the finger and feel aggrieved at so much money sloshing around in football....yet they still pay into it in various forms. They complain...yet still buy into it. They still pay £70 for a piece of tacky polyester etc...who's the idiots here?

What I find even more laughable is that the FA are seen as the people who are cleaning up the mess and 'policing' the situation...oh the irony in that.

I'd prefer to see the Telegraph set up some of those guys tbh...

Not every person in football is a 'bad apple'...but i'd suggest that if a set up like Big Sam had occurred to the majority in the game, then football as it stands wouldn't exist, as they'd all be sacked.

I'm a huge fan of Big Sam, so I was gutted to see the news that he'd be duped and that he was going to lose his job. I genuinely believed that he was the first man for the England job.

With that being said, he was caught by a legitimate operation, and he deserved the sack. I'm surprised the FA went down this route, personally, considering they could have used the opportunity to offer him a reduced contract and save themselves the hassle of having to hire one of two credible English managers in the top flight, or go (gasp) abroad.

Now that Big Sam is gone, the FA need to be taken to task for allowing the coaching talent pool to dwindle to its current level. There aren't enough English coaches, and there needs to be drastic action to get more people coaching. It doesn't even need to be ex-footballers. If someone possesses the desire to be a coach, then the FA should be doing everything they possibly can to get them their badges. If they take Big Sam's pay for the year, they could fund the coaching for dozens of potential managers in the next twenty years.

I feel confident that the new set up at City would never fall into this sort of mess

If due diligence had been done by FA I can't see how Allardyce could have been appointed after Panorama's expose of a few years ago.

I strongly believe some of the Blazers at FA HQ should also consider their own position 

What this sorry event has proved is that the transfers side of the game is still undoubtedly highly corrupt, there is still a huge amount of illegal payments being made by unscrupulous people and once more agents would appear to be at the heart of it, in the main they have been a blight on the game, taking money out of the game.

Be interesting to see the final fall out of this. There are rumours that the most successful manager of the modern game is implemented by what Big Sam has said. 

Certainly going to be some dark days ahead for English football , I fear. But where there is money and greed, how do to stop it?

14 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What this sorry event has proved is that the transfers side of the game is still undoubtedly highly corrupt, there is still a huge amount of illegal payments being made by unscrupulous people and once more agents would appear to be at the heart of it, in the main they have been a blight on the game, taking money out of the game.

With respect EMB...I'd disagree...Agents aren't the problem...businessmen outside of football are. It's a very big pie, and everyone in business wants a slice of it. Why would a businessmen in Indonesia want something to do with British football otherwise?

Since the advent of the Premier League, The Champions League and big Television rights, it has become massive business.

The average man on the street can't get his head around the money being moved around.

Archived