IGNORED

Stevie G new mk dons boss?????

I am the mole

Steven Gerrard....decent player and no more,  bigged up in modern football as 'World Class'...

Made out to be a winner....when in fact he went missing for a huge majority of the important games in his career. 

Not surprised he wanted to come home as soon as Liverpool started doing well. Klopp is far to smart to take him back in though 

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Steven Gerrard....decent player and no more,  bigged up in modern football as 'World Class'...

Made out to be a winner....when in fact he went missing for a huge majority of the important games in his career. 

Not surprised he wanted to come home as soon as Liverpool started doing well. Klopp is far to smart to take him back in though 

Wow you come up with all that yourself?

Bollox 

16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Missing in big games???

Champions league final 2005 

f.a cup final 2006 

just to name 2 off the top of my head and I'm no Liverpool fan but give him some credit!

59 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We are lucky to see such a player play. Single handedly won very important games and scored some incredible goals as well.

Respect your view mate but i think calling Gerrard just a decent player is madness. Despite different type of players, but I would personally rate him on par at least with Scholes and Lampard in terms of calibre of player.

Why did we not play these in a midfield 3?? :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

What a load of tosh.....stepped up to the plate in many a massive game and carried Liverpool almost singlehandedly at times......remember this in a very very important game...?

1 hour ago, I am the mole said:

Missing in big games???

Champions league final 2005 

f.a cup final 2006 

just to name 2 off the top of my head and I'm no Liverpool fan but give him some credit!

Yep....and Olympiakos in the champions league and scored vs Germany in that infamous 1-5...etc etc etc. 

Came to the fore in many a big game....

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We are lucky to see such a player play. Single handedly won very important games and scored some incredible goals as well.

Respect your view mate but i think calling Gerrard just a decent player is madness. Despite different type of players, but I would personally rate him on par at least with Scholes and Lampard in terms of calibre of player.

Lampard and Gerrard was tried, as i recall, on numerous occasions and it did not work; the discussion was too similar a player to each other or simply got in each others way. Those were the studio punditry remarks at the time. As for Scholes, i believe he did play well with either. Stats on these permutations make for interesting reading. 

8 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

What a dreadful post, in his prime her would have played for any team in the world. One of the most complete midfield players I have ever seen.

Wants a player coach job with the emphasis on the coach/manager but maybe wants one last season BBC are reporting today. Regarding money he has apparently said to them 'make me an offer I can't refuse' In all honesty if this is true this makes me feel pretty sick. No problem with him wanting a career in the game after he finishes playing but to still be wanting big pay cheques when he no way needs it and is unproven (as a coach) is pure greed. 

8 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Listened to Danny Murphy talking about Gerrard and Lampard on Talksport yesterday.

He said that Gerrard could have played for England as a full back, centre back or striker. His versatility was one of the problems when it came to the conundrum of England's midfield, as he was often played out wide in order to accommodate Lampard and as a result all too often we didn't see the best of Gerrard in an England shirt.

I think it's a good move these type of players shouldn't just go straight into a top job and should be looking down into the lower leagues at first. As for Gerrard the player one who is easily in the top 5 Liverpool players of all time is slightly better than decent, like many though he never top that form onto the international stage.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

I think it's a good move these type of players shouldn't just go straight into a top job and should be looking down into the lower leagues at first. As for Gerrard the player one who is easily in the top 5 Liverpool players of all time is slightly better than decent, like many though he never top that form onto the international stage.

If he's serious, he needs to be looking even lower down.

3 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

Liverpool fans showing themselves on here. Good player yes, definitely not 'world class'.

MK Dons are obviously much more interested in public attention than promotion back to the championship. 

Not at all i only support city so no bias between any prem clubs. Peoples opinnions will always differ and it also depends what you mean by world class because if you mean top 30 players in europe then yes he was world class.

Gerrard could bring in a couple of Liverpool youngsters and MK have done this before with Ince and trusted young coach robinson who did fantastic for them. 

MK dons have some realy potential IMO. Great facilities and a huge catchment area, If they can compete at 2nd and 3rd tier for the next decade or so it will do wonders for their fanbase.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What a load of tosh.....stepped up to the plate in many a massive game and carried Liverpool almost singlehandedly at times......remember this in a very very important game...?

Exactly.

Stand out player in some very average Liverpool teams.

Had he been around in the '70s and '80s, he would have walked into a side that was winning everything back then.

23 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

Liverpool fans showing themselves on here. Good player yes, definitely not 'world class'.

MK Dons are obviously much more interested in public attention than promotion back to the championship. 

Well you must be a Man U fan then. Gerrard definitely not world class? That could only be said by an Englishman, ask any other football fan around the world and they'd tell you what a great player Gerrard was.

At his prime between 2004-2006 ish he was one of the best players in the world. Kaka wanted Madrid to sign him so he could play alongside him, Inter tried to sign him to play alongside Pirlo, Mourinho tried to sign him twice, Zidane wanted Real to sign him so he could play alongside him.

Henry has said he is one of the best players he's ever faced and Pele said he was the best player in the world in 2005.

Not world class, my arse.

Archived