IGNORED

Stevie G new mk dons boss?????

I am the mole

15 hours ago, RumRed said:

I agree with what you say though, and SG has found himself in at least one unsavoury court case.  Personally I'd have sent him down for going out on the town in Southport, I mean really?  He was fully acquitted btw, and 'left with his reputation intact' acoording to the judge.

I believe the "altercation " started as a result of SG requesting a Phil Collins song to be played by a DJ - this in my book does not leave his reputation intact , he should hang his head in shame.

13 hours ago, yardy said:

The most complete british footballer i have seen in my lifetime. Not only could he do anything and play anywhere on the pitch he was also a inspirational leader and carried his team many a time.

In his prime as a centre midfielder he could of got into any team in the world, he is class....world class!

It's said upon Merseyside the real captain and leader of that Liverpool side in the Benitez era was Carragher. Such were Gerarrds insecurity issues, he needed to be made out as Liverpools darling boy. 

I remember watching Gerrard during the infamous Wally with the brolly evening vs Croatia. If there was any evidence he was not a great leader it was here. Head down consistently, not demanding the ball, shoulders shrugged throughout. It was poor from such a 'great leader'. 

10 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

It would be interesting to see if people would have chosen Gerrard or Scholes at their pomp. Personally, I would have chosen Scholes but that's just my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

You must class Gazza and Scholes as goalkeepers then. 

You only have to see different posters' opinions about City players to realise that we all see players in a different way.

If only one of Gerrard, Scholes or Lampard had been playing through the last 10-15 years then they would have been automatic selections for England, the team would have been built around them and  we would have been lucky to have had them.

As it was they are all at their peak at the same time and England managers never really resolved the issue of how to select their midfield. Often Gerrard and/or Scholes was moved out wide in order to accommodate Lampard  and as a result it could be argued that we never saw the best of those 2 as a result. 

I felt Gerrard was a different type of player to Scholes, who I always thought was more similar to Lampard. I would have had Gerrard and Scholes in England's midfield, even if it meant Lampard missing out, but that's my opinion and others will feel equally strongly for a different view. I also think that Scholes and Lampard were lucky to be playing for 2 of the strongest teams of the last 20 years ( not that that diminishes their undoubted quality) whereas for quite a few years Gerrard sometimes appeared to be pulling a more average Liverpool team along singlehandedly.

All three of them would rank right up there in terms of great England midfielders but of the three Gerrard is the one I would want to see playing the most.

P.S. Gerrard would also be my first choice if we were picking sides in the school playground - always the  acid test of player's true quality :)

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

You only have to see different posters' opinions about City players to realise that we all see players in a different way.

If only one of Gerrard, Scholes or Lampard had been playing through the last 10-15 years then they would have been automatic selections for England, the team would have been built around them and  we would have been lucky to have had them.

As it was they are all at their peak at the same time and England managers never really resolved the issue of how to select their midfield. Often Gerrard and/or Scholes was moved out wide in order to accommodate Lampard  and as a result it could be argued that we never saw the best of those 2 as a result. 

I felt Gerrard was a different type of player to Scholes, who I always thought was more similar to Lampard. I would have had Gerrard and Scholes in England's midfield, even if it meant Lampard missing out, but that's my opinion and others will feel equally strongly for a different view. I also think that Scholes and Lampard were lucky to be playing for 2 of the strongest teams of the last 20 years ( not that that diminishes their undoubted quality) whereas for quite a few years Gerrard sometimes appeared to be pulling a more average Liverpool team along singlehandedly.

All three of them would rank right up there in terms of great England midfielders but of the three Gerrard is the one I would want to see playing the most.

P.S. Gerrard would also be my first choice if we were picking sides in the school playground - always the  acid test of player's true quality :)

Good post DC. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, downendcity said:

That's only because nobody likes the fat ginger kid. 

Archived