IGNORED

Dangers of supporting a football team

Major Isewater

Harry Redknapp once drove into me whilst leaving a car park...we exchanged banter and laughs.

Dwight York clashed heads with me at an England v South Africa test match at Lords.

Gary Mabbutt split my head open with a mistimed header in a charity game.

In return...I once decked Andy Llewellyn with a well timed right hook in a game. My only ever booking :-) He was a dirty little player, always niggling you. Deserved it scraping his studs down my calf at a corner.

Ray Atteveld once dropped his wallet on my foot...that was painful...never seen so many £50 notes crammed into a wallet...it was like a brick :laugh:

A few seasons ago (can't remember when or who was playing) I was sat in the Atyeo when a ball came flying past the goal and whacked a poor woman. She was not the youngest supporter and caught it in the face, breaking her glasses and causing a nasty cut above the eye. Her husband and some stewards had to help her off to the medics. Can't recall seeing her again after that.:crying:

54 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Didn't Bradley Orr have a run in with a fan from the Dolman Stand during a game once? 

I thought that was Lee Johnson but when I googled it I found nothing! Anyone else remember this? 

I'm sure a fan tried to punch one of our players from the Dolman touchline. Must have been around 09/10 ?

One of my workmates was crouching down in the ailse of the Atyeo,talking to a friend of his,during the warm up,when a city player drilled a shot high and wide of the goal,smashing my mate full in the face.Unconcious,stretchered out of the ground,I think his pride was hurt more than his face mind.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Harry Redknapp once drove into me whilst leaving a car park...we exchanged banter and laughs.

Please tell me it was on transfer deadline day.....

As for me, I've said it on here before, not player related, but I punched a poor lady square in the face when Tins scored at Anfield....one of the clubs most iconic moments, she's missed it holding her face, whilst her husband and I shared one of those 'get the **** in there' cuddles

I also done a rather spectacular catch of a wayward shot in the (seated) East End during an incredibly dull 0-0 draw at home to Derby one Tuesday night. Full length job, salmon like

4 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Lee Peacock, wearing one of the most extravagant tan-coloured, fur lined jackets I've ever seen, sent me sprawling when he tried to navigate an aisle whilst shopping at Cribbs Causeway a lifetime ago. Does that count?

Call yourself a ball winning centre half,and you let a centre forward send you sprawling...........

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Gabby Logan (when she was Yorath) once grabbed my balls in a lift in C&A once

Whatever you do, don't tell @Rudolf Hucker. He'll cry.

45 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Lee Peacock, wearing one of the most extravagant tan-coloured, fur lined jackets I've ever seen, sent me sprawling when he tried to navigate an aisle whilst shopping at Cribbs Causeway a lifetime ago. Does that count?

Most definitely.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I thought that was Lee Johnson but when I googled it I found nothing! Anyone else remember this? 

I'm sure a fan tried to punch one of our players from the Dolman touchline. Must have been around 09/10 ?

We were playing Huddersfield I believe, iirc it was the game where basso got sent off for handling outside the area. Pretty sure it was lj 

2 hours ago, Erithacus said:

A few seasons ago (can't remember when or who was playing) I was sat in the Atyeo when a ball came flying past the goal and whacked a poor woman. She was not the youngest supporter and caught it in the face, breaking her glasses and causing a nasty cut above the eye. Her husband and some stewards had to help her off to the medics. Can't recall seeing her again after that.:crying:

No idea if it was the same incident but there was a female poster on OTIB a few years ago who described the same happening to her.

She wasn't happy about the way it was handled - iirc, upset at lack of apology - and I think said she wouldn't be attending any more.

No idea if she kept to that, but I'm pretty sure she stopped posting on here.

2 hours ago, Red Rag said:

Once got hit smack in the face by a shot from Doug Hillard. Ex gas for the young uns. It was a celebrity charity match at the old Douglas Sports ground in Kingswood! Anyone remember this venue?

My old man has talked about a Rovers legend team playing Soundwell in a charity match at Kingswood. He reckons there were a couple of thousand there (he's City mind not Gas who always add a thousand plus onto their support). He said it was amazing how good some of the legends still were and how bad others were. Even as a City fan he said it was upsetting seeing some ex Rovers legends who seemed to have lost all their ability and could barely kick the ball.

does fighting on the terraces count for us old un's?

i remember all hell breaking loose at portsmouth when bobby gould scored an equaliser in the last minute of an FA cup tie.

tasty lot the pompey fans in those days, always up for a ruck.

but acker and biffer were at the front of the charge as us city fans went mental

in those days you wore a ben sherman shirt under a 'crombie' or a city scarf tucked into your lab technicians coat.

oh to be seventeen again

There was this one time, I was running up the touch line at Ashton Gate celebrating a goal for my former sheepshagging side when out of nowhere your best manager since Alan Dicks stuck out his foot and sent me flying! The little shit. What made it worse was all me team mates started laughing at me.  Meanies.

Mike Chops.

Archived