IGNORED

SL in the dressing room/We were good for 70

REDOXO

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Not really. Burnley beat Liverpool 2-0 this season with 19%. We'd have done the same today if LJ hadn't ****** it up.

I take your point, but you just knew at 2-0 we still likely to lose. They were all over us for long periods......and probably could have scored one or two more.

Today summed LJ up completely . I.e. He's NEARLY a good manager but is raw and makes mistakes ! We were all perplexed when we saw the line up but couldn't deny that we'd seen probably the best 1st half performance we'd seen all season ! Lee was a hero in waiting . He then perplexed us once again by taking a man out of our midfield when we were already under the cosh giving Liam Kelly the freedom of the right side of the pitch to run his fresh little legs off! Two up front with 20 to go and leading 2-1?? It was suicide ! The key question is " can we afford the luxury of having a young manager learning his trade at this level ? On today's evidence the answer is "no"! 

9 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I think the game plan was more to get someone on the pitch we can get balls up too. Taking Tammy off for Wilbs could've been a better move but we lose a lot of threat. Reading we're having a lot of the ball and once we got it back we gave it away again. Someone like Wilbs was there so we can punt it to him and he can hold it. 

Agree, either bring Wilbs on for Tammy, or put Tammy wide left....but maintain the 4141 (451).  Thought Brownhill and Bryan were exemplary in there until we went with a 4.

8 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Not really. Burnley beat Liverpool 2-0 this season with 19%. We'd have done the same today if LJ hadn't ****** it up.

Christ, this is the end.

Burnley are Burnley and Liverpool are Liverpool.

If we can genuinely compare the two then we may as well be relegated now, Reading are average.

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Partly hindsight but I did tell my misses I didn't like the Reid for O'Dowda swap. Love Bobby but he isn't who I bring on to help keep a lead. 

Hey Joe! I was personally going absolutely mental that a few on here can support :laugh:!

Patterson was the obvious move at if Callum was injured, 2-0 up keep your shape Joe playing well in the middle keep it going!

But no. Push a centre midfield play maker type to the wing. Then have to get told on the line by Pembo...Look you tosser Bryan now needs to go wider...To which LJ replied. Good Point Pembo, but I now think i'll take the other outside player off and throw on a centre forward....

It is not only indefensible its reckless showing a complete lack of knowledge of his own players....And I will defy anyone to tell me otherwise!

15 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Should I apply if he gets sacked? I feel like I'd be up for the task. I studied finance, know FFP, got a coaching badge and spent the past 4 years playing downs league. And I'm 22, so I'm up and coming.

I think you should be given a chance, If you can win 2 in the next 10 then  you could well receive a new ten year contract

:yes:

10 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I did spend a day on an ER ward, but that was pencil pushing admin for work experience. NHS backroom staff and all that jazz...

Polish up your shoes mate...We can forgo the dodgy Spells up North you are on the shortlist!

12 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

O'Dowda was injured so had to come off.

Yes

10 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Still had Paterson on the bench who has much more experience wide right. Was still a daft substitution.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

30 minutes ago, Honiton Tony said:

We played crap all game and were gifted to goals ........ complete shambles

Tragic that this post has received two likes!  We were in no way a complete shambles.  We had a game plan to cope with a depleted squad and for 70 minutes the plan worked.  Laughable to suggest we were a shambles at that stage.  Unfortunately we ran out of steam and the midfield in particular simply lost their legs.  The substitution of Wilbraham for Freeman didn't work, and we were crying out for a fresh pair of legs in the last 10 minutes.  But no way were we a shambles until Reading scored their first.

4 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Christ, this is the end.

Burnley are Burnley and Liverpool are Liverpool.

If we can genuinely compare the two then we may as well be relegated now, Reading are average.

True that, and they were average in posession today. It was only when LJ surrendered the midfield by going two up top that they truely took the initiative in the game. There's no harm in letting a team have the ball if it's not really hurting us. The players were managing the game, winning by hook or by crook, the head coach made a change that handed all the iniative to the opposition.

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

True that, and they were average in posession today. It was only when LJ surrendered the midfield by going two up top that they truely took the initiative in the game. There's no harm in letting a team have the ball if it's not really hurting us. The players were managing the game, winning by hook or by crook, the head coach made a change that handed all the iniative to the opposition.

Exactly! I think very few of even the most vociferous supporters of the coach could reasonably argue anything else.

What bothers me is Emotional Intelligence. This shows the exact opposite under pressure which at 2-0 we were not. Poor substitution for Odowda and then panic.

Japp Stam was loving it!

13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Tragic that this post has received two likes!  We were in no way a complete shambles.  We had a game plan to cope with a depleted squad and for 70 minutes the plan worked.  Laughable to suggest we were a shambles at that stage.  Unfortunately we ran out of steam and the midfield in particular simply lost their legs.  The substitution of Wilbraham for Freeman didn't work, and we were crying out for a fresh pair of legs in the last 10 minutes.  But no way were we a shambles until Reading scored their first.

Agreed...but sadly we were a shambles after they'd got their first!

35 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Yeh but Reading ain't Liverpool - it's embarrassing to have to set up like that against them - what has this club become when we have to do that at home to Reading ffs?  Joke of a club/team at the moment....

I didn't think we were very good even at 2-0 I mean ffs it actually took a mark little challenge to get the team going we were far too deep from the first minute of the game and got deeper as the game went on bringing Reid on was very baffling as I know o'dowda was injured but Reid is not a wide right midfielder and does not have the work rate we were needing at that stage again Tammy was isolated all game with no support and the more the game went on the deeper and deeper we were, and once reading got the first there was only gonna be one winner just gutted never put some money on it :-p because I think everyone except Johnson could see it 

52 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Disagree with that.

We looked like we had a plan for a change, pack the midfield, let them have the ball in areas that weren't too dangerous, then hit them on the counter.

The injury to O'Dowda forced a slight change of tatics, but the Freeman change for Wilbs was where it all went tits up. Madness to go 2 up front at that point. The head coach cost us today, he's got a lot to learn and it needs to be learnt quick style.

I agree with this. That was our game plan and for 70 minutes we executed it brilliantly. 

I personally would have brought Tomlin on to run it into corners etc. 

This run is reminding me of the run we had when Gj was manager. We had many near misses but couldn't quite cross the line, just like today. Very very frustrating. 

6 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

I didn't think we were very good even at 2-0 I mean ffs it actually took a mark little challenge to get the team going we were far too deep from the first minute of the game and got deeper as the game went on bringing Reid on was very baffling as I know o'dowda was injured but Reid is not a wide right midfielder and does not have the work rate we were needing at that stage again Tammy was isolated all game with no support and the more the game went on the deeper and deeper we were, and once reading got the first there was only gonna be one winner just gutted never put some money on it :-p because I think everyone except Johnson could see it 

And exhale! 

13 minutes ago, NorfolkInChance said:

Yeh but Reading ain't Liverpool - it's embarrassing to have to set up like that against them - what has this club become when we have to do that at home to Reading ffs?  Joke of a club/team at the moment....

No they're not Liverpool, but like it or not, they are superior to us at the moment.

We had a game plan that stifled them (remember Chelsea winning the Champions League?)

We had the game in tha palm of our hands, the tatics were working, then LJ made a dafty sub and it all went south.

Nobody on here would give a shiny shite about Readings superior posession stats if we'd won. In fact, you'd probably have certain posters crowing about how good a tactician LJ is.

Archived