IGNORED

SL in the dressing room/We were good for 70

REDOXO

Just listened to LJ. The comment that struck me most was that he mentioned SL said after the game we were good for 70. (Many would say that was not as accurate at all that but no denying we were 2-0 up)

What struck me was that this to me sounded like the proverbial vote of confidence (whether articulated in those exact terms or not) and LJ wanted us to know he still has the backing of the majority shareholder. Which is fine.

So we move on with LJ for a few more games. Wrongly in many opinions but no one cares about those who matters.

LJ himself said people are getting angry and doubting and that is to be expected (it is)!

We move forward into an FA Cup tie with a team going reasonably well. We need a win from somewhere as the vote of confidence ticket normally has a four game life span...If my summation is correct. 

So fingers crossed Lee. All we can do is back the team. Its on you to do the rest! COYR

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Was that the minute he took Freeman off for Wilbs? Because that was when we threw it away.

Still, we only lost by the odd goal, so......

When O'Dowda went off for Reid. Completely opened up the right hand side, playing too narrow. Taking Freeman off compounded that. Completely inept decision making.

5 minutes ago, Fuber said:

When O'Dowda went off for Reid. Completely opened up the right hand side, playing too narrow. Taking Freeman off compounded that. Completely inept decision making.

Inept was having a makeshift CB in Matthews (who actually wasn't that bad!) and not having a CB - perhaps an England u19 captain CB(!) - on the bench. 

Inexcusable, incomprehensible, unintelligible, and totally disrespectful in the name of sending him on loan. He'd have been ripe to come on at 60mins. 

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Inept was having a makeshift CB in Matthews (who actually wasn't that bad!) and not having a CB - perhaps an England u19 captain CB(!) - on the bench. 

Inexcusable, incomprehensible, unintelligible, and totally disrespectful in the name of sending him on loan. He'd have been ripe to come on at 60mins. 

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, Fuber said:

The changes definitely f ucked up a good solid 5 man midfield. However I think O'Dowda would have stayed on if he hadn't been injured. What really spoilt it was going 2 up top, completely opened up the space for Reading that we'd been denying them all game.

10 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Yes but he was already on loan to Radio Bristol, LJ thinks this is a step forward for him!

12 minutes ago, Honiton Tony said:

We played crap all game and were gifted to goals ........ complete shambles

Disagree with that.

We looked like we had a plan for a change, pack the midfield, let them have the ball in areas that weren't too dangerous, then hit them on the counter.

The injury to O'Dowda forced a slight change of tatics, but the Freeman change for Wilbs was where it all went tits up. Madness to go 2 up front at that point. The head coach cost us today, he's got a lot to learn and it needs to be learnt quick style.

17 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Was that the minute he took Freeman off for Wilbs? Because that was when we threw it away.

Still, we only lost by the odd goal, so......

Yea taking him and O'Dowda off was a mistake for me. Their defensive work was key for me throughout their time on the pitch. Reid isn't a winger. Wilbs encouraged us to boot it deep while we were winning and going away from what made us a threat. I'd have brought on Tomlin. Holds it up well but a trick or two to create space and get the counter going. 

P15 W2 D1 L12

Lost 9 in 10

There isn't a manager in the country who wouldn't be in trouble after this kind of a run (well maybe the Fort William FC manager!). It's 1/3 of a season and cannot be put down to a blip or a poor run. Trouble for LJ is that he's damaged goods now with this and the similar run at Barnsley. Wherever he is in his career from here on, if he loses 2 or 3 in a row, the spectre of catastrophic runs like this will always raise its head. No manager worth his salt has a run like this even once in his career, it should be possible to go back to basics, grind out a couple of 0-0's or even 1-0's and get back on track.

20 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You are 100% accurate.

Should I apply if he gets sacked? I feel like I'd be up for the task. I studied finance, know FFP, got a coaching badge and spent the past 4 years playing downs league. And I'm 22, so I'm up and coming.

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea taking him and O'Dowda off was a mistake for me. Their defensive work was key for me throughout their time on the pitch. Reid isn't a winger. Wilbs encouraged us to boot it deep while we were winning and going away from what made us a threat. I'd have brought on Tomlin. Holds it up well but a trick or two to create space and get the counter going. 

Seems simple! Does it not!

22 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Our board,SL, Ashton, LJ and Holden have all lost the plot. 

I thought the terribly run club that Coppell witnessed had been sorted out.  Johnson is well out of his depth.  I desperately wish LJ was doing a great job for the club I love, but he aint, and I wish I didn't give a damn, but I do....  He has to go.

9 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

and why go 4-4-2 when our game plan was 4-5-1 up to that?

I think the game plan was more to get someone on the pitch we can get balls up too. Taking Tammy off for Wilbs could've been a better move but we lose a lot of threat. Reading we're having a lot of the ball and once we got it back we gave it away again. Someone like Wilbs was there so we can punt it to him and he can hold it. 

SL has only got himself to blame for the mess we are in yet again but, unless he has got somebody lined up which you can bet he hasn't, then he'd be mad to fire LJ at the beginning of the transfer window.   it'll be hard enough attracting decent players  but without a manager in place we'll be well and truly farked.

4 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Should I apply if he gets sacked? I feel like I'd be up for the task. I studied finance, know FFP, got a coaching badge and spent the past 4 years playing downs league. And I'm 22, so I'm up and coming.

Did you have dodgy spells at Oldham and Barnsley and once spend a day on an ER ward? Then you need not apply!

3 minutes ago, Daniro said:

SL has only got himself to blame for the mess we are in yet again but, unless he has got somebody lined up which you can bet he hasn't, then he'd be mad to fire LJ at the beginning of the transfer window.   it'll be hard enough attracting decent players  but without a manager in place we'll be well and truly farked.

I am hard pressed to know who he will bring in.  The past few managers have not been right for the post at the time but hired a few months or a year later, I have no idea who would fall into that category now.  I think he lives by his decision and stays with LJ to its conclusion be it positive or negative

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Did you have dodgy spells at Oldham and Barnsley and once spend a day on an ER ward? Then you need not apply!

I did spend a day on an ER ward, but that was pencil pushing admin for work experience. NHS backroom staff and all that jazz...

Archived