IGNORED

SL in the dressing room/We were good for 70

REDOXO

Why was SL in the dressing room?  most managers/head coaches do not like this and suggests it undermines them!

Seems a right little happy family from Lee's perspective.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but this always was not the done thing unless you were winning something.

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Just listened to LJ. The comment that struck me most was that he mentioned SL said after the game we were good for 70. (Many would say that was not as accurate at all that but no denying we were 2-0 up)

If SL really said that he obviously want there, unless he meant that we just happened to fortuitously go 2 up. Outplayed start to finish.

4 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Does the clown not realise a game is 90 mins long? 

The clown is the one who thinks it is 90 minutes long, the winner is the one who knows it is invariably longer than that 

26 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Well kind of agree. But being at 2-1 some sort of outlet upfront to take thw pressure off was needed. City stayed as two banks and let reading build and build the pressure. The end result was so predictable. City's goals were against the play and very lucky.

They were exactly the sort of goals you hope to score when you've set up to contain and play on the break. The reason we had contained Reading was because we had 5 in midfield in front of a back 4 to deny them any space. It was working well until O'Dowda went off. Removing one of the 5 to go 2 up top opened up a whole load of space in our tiring midfield.

44 minutes ago, Daniro said:

I've just checked and  we have conceded goals in the last ten minutes seven times in the last nine matches.

I put that down to bad man management and the captain and coach must take responsibility.    It's the sign of a team in deep trouble - we had it before under SC I think.

SL needs to give the whole squad a rollicking about it - the game is not over until the final whistle,   makes me so cross.

It may also suggest the team is not fit enough.

10 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

It may also suggest the team is not fit enough.

I think it is more to do with fear than fitness. Got too many players without the required belief in themselves to grind the result out.  I don't see many player out on their feet.

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

Inept was having a makeshift CB in Matthews (who actually wasn't that bad!) and not having a CB - perhaps an England u19 captain CB(!) - on the bench. 

Inexcusable, incomprehensible, unintelligible, and totally disrespectful in the name of sending him on loan. He'd have been ripe to come on at 60mins. 

Just watched the first two goals again and Flint was at fault for both. Hope he is dropped for the Fleetwood match and Moore given a full 90 minutes. 

7 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Just watched the first two goals again and Flint was at fault for both. Hope he is dropped for the Fleetwood match and Moore given a full 90 minutes. 

Would that be the "Moore for the future" about to go out to Cheltenham?

He could be playing against us next season!

On 02/01/2017 at 20:39, Daniro said:

I've just checked and  we have conceded goals in the last ten minutes seven times in the last nine matches.

I put that down to bad man management and the captain and coach must take responsibility.    It's the sign of a team in deep trouble - we had it before under SC I think.

SL needs to give the whole squad a rollicking about it - the game is not over until the final whistle,   makes me so cross.

I hate to quote myself again but that's ANOTHER two conceded in the last 10 minutes - Does LJ even mention to the players that they need to stay focused right to the end?

It makes me sick

1 hour ago, Daniro said:

I hate to quote myself again but that's ANOTHER two conceded in the last 10 minutes - Does LJ even mention to the players that they need to stay focused right to the end?

It makes me sick

Teams in European competitions who come from "countries" with minimum population, miniscule pool of part-time players and zero chance of winning a game still manage to frustrate the top teams for large portions of an international match.

We just don't seem to have the manager and coaching staff capable of implementing this tactic.

Archived