IGNORED

Who dips in to OTIB

Top Robin

Just now, Tomarse said:

To be perfectly honest I've never really felt the need to look through the membership list to that extent. Also I expect most if not all would browse as guests 

My point is the membership lists are there. Many will browse as guests but some will post its human nature and as we know has happened. It's just a matter of what they call themselves. 

Anyway thanks for your work and all the other mods here. It must be hard at times, particularly now.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Despite the divided opinion on our Head Coach at the moment, I just can't help disliking the term 'Little Lee'.... just comes across to me as being so patronising and disrespectful.

Apologies if I'm being too sensitive...

Playing devil's advocate here, but what do you think about "big Sam"?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Of course it was. How else would he have known that I'd criticised his managerial nouse and slagged him off?

Finally! You admit it!

Iirc Steve L used to use the forum along with Colin Sexy years ago in a Q&A as I remember sending a suggestion to SL and he responded. So he knows it's still about so would fully expect him to read it.

As for LJ/players, they all have twitter and are bombarded with comments so I doubt they need to use OTIB.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

In this modern world of social media etc I would be very surprised if they didn't ?

I'm on the biggest tennis forum on the web and over the years a few big names have been known to have come on, Nick Kyrgios being the latest, via his brother. I would be shocked if members of the backroom staff and players don't check, I know I probably would out of curiosity. 

25 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

I'm on the biggest tennis forum on the web and over the years a few big names have been known to have come on, Nick Kyrgios being the latest, via his brother. I would be shocked if members of the backroom staff and players don't check, I know I probably would out of curiosity. 

With our form this winter, why would you, unless you're a masochist!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Despite the divided opinion on our Head Coach at the moment, I just can't help disliking the term 'Little Lee'.... just comes across to me as being so patronising and disrespectful.

Apologies if I'm being too sensitive...

Unbelievable 

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

The simple question is: if you were a player/manager/club official would you?

I wouldn't Tom because to be successful you need to block out external negativity and invest in your own self-belief and confidence. 

If you needed or wanted to read it, you'd be giving in to your ego which for the most part will generate the opposite outcome - doubt.

Managers and coaches shouldn't need to read the forum as if any of the observations are news to them, they're not fit to do the job.

Well we know that Adam Baker comes on here from time to time as did David Lloyd. Mrs Lansdown is known to have a look in from time to time, so unsurprising that she was on her last night after yesterday's game.

Some of our local boys on the playing staff with families as supporters may also look on here but most likely aren't members, while as mentioned before anyone can browse anonymously. It would take a very strong person associated with the club in some way not to take a peep occasionally.

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

My point is the membership lists are there. Many will browse as guests but some will post its human nature and as we know has happened. It's just a matter of what they call themselves. 

Anyway thanks for your work and all the other mods here. It must be hard at times, particularly now.

Probably but I doubt they'll register with a.flint@hotmail.com etc! Id hope they use friends or anon email addresses.

However on the old board from 1999 ish time I do remember finding half the squad were registered on the forum but then the internet is a bit different now.

4 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I cant believe people really think LJ has time to come on this forum, and indeed that he would care for the opinions of us mere mortals. Some others might, but surely not LJ.

Too busy running service in The Fat Duck I'd imagine, that snail porridge doesn't make itself.

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Probably but I doubt they'll register with a.flint@hotmail.com etc! Id hope they use friends or anon email addresses.

However on the old board from 1999 ish time I do remember finding half the squad were registered on the forum but then the internet is a bit different now.

Isn't it!  

I know for a fact that the office staff read the forum all the time. 

I'd imagine there is a temptation for LJ to read it, I'm sure he's well aware of its existence. I hope he doesn't though, for the reasons that @Olé discussed earlier.

I think the forum was probably used as a tool to gauge fan feeling much more 5-10 years ago. With particularly Twitter becoming more prominent, people can tweet directly to LJ, JL and SL.

I don't really like having managers on twitter, mainly for the abuse it opens them up to. I notice someone replied to LJ's post about Peter Taylor's death on twitter with '@LeeJohnsonCoach when are you leaving city then or going get the sack tonight' which I find just poor taste.

The amount of horrible abuse he takes on twitter makes me question whether it's worth him using it. Anyone would think he's a criminal or something when really he's just a football manager who's on a bad run.

If you want to see for yourself, search "@LeeJohnsonCoach (c word)" on twitter. Really sad to see how nasty and horrible our fan base can be to someone who's just trying his best, even if it's not working.

5 hours ago, Olé said:

I wouldn't Tom because to be successful you need to block out external negativity and invest in your own self-belief and confidence. 

If you needed or wanted to read it, you'd be giving in to your ego which for the most part will generate the opposite outcome - doubt.

Managers and coaches shouldn't need to read the forum as if any of the observations are news to them, they're not fit to do the job.

And I believe, from my limited knowledge of professional players, that this is indeed the approach most of them take.

Club officials is a different thing however. I'd be surprised if most of them didn't take a peek from time-to-time just to gauge what the ordinary fans are saying.

4 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I cant believe people really think LJ has time to come on this forum, and indeed that he would care for the opinions of us mere mortals. Some others might, but surely not LJ.

Considering his old man and Uncle used otib I'd be amazed if LJ didn't read on occasion. 

Even Cotterill was aware of what was being posted on here, which surprised me.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know for a fact that the office staff read the forum all the time. 

I'd imagine there is a temptation for LJ to read it, I'm sure he's well aware of its existence. I hope he doesn't though, for the reasons that @Olé discussed earlier.

I think the forum was probably used as a tool to gauge fan feeling much more 5-10 years ago. With particularly Twitter becoming more prominent, people can tweet directly to LJ, JL and SL.

I don't really like having managers on twitter, mainly for the abuse it opens them up to. I notice someone replied to LJ's post about Peter Taylor's death on twitter with '@LeeJohnsonCoach when are you leaving city then or going get the sack tonight' which I find just poor taste.

The amount of horrible abuse he takes on twitter makes me question whether it's worth him using it. Anyone would think he's a criminal or something when really he's just a football manager who's on a bad run.

If you want to see for yourself, search "@LeeJohnsonCoach (c word)" on twitter. Really sad to see how nasty and horrible our fan base can be to someone who's just trying his best, even if it's not working.

He NEVER should have been appointed, and I want him gone. 

But I do agree with this.

Archived