IGNORED

Who dips in to OTIB

Top Robin

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If you want to see for yourself, search "@LeeJohnsonCoach (c word)" on twitter. Really sad to see how nasty and horrible our fan base can be to someone who's just trying his best, even if it's not working.

Unfortunately that's social media and the internet in 2017. A far cry from when Tins or even GJ (twitter was only just starting when he left) were around.

Can you imagine if twitter was around in 1999 and Pulis had an account :fear:

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know for a fact that the office staff read the forum all the time. 

I'd imagine there is a temptation for LJ to read it, I'm sure he's well aware of its existence. I hope he doesn't though, for the reasons that @Olé discussed earlier.

I think the forum was probably used as a tool to gauge fan feeling much more 5-10 years ago. With particularly Twitter becoming more prominent, people can tweet directly to LJ, JL and SL.

I don't really like having managers on twitter, mainly for the abuse it opens them up to. I notice someone replied to LJ's post about Peter Taylor's death on twitter with '@LeeJohnsonCoach when are you leaving city then or going get the sack tonight' which I find just poor taste.

The amount of horrible abuse he takes on twitter makes me question whether it's worth him using it. Anyone would think he's a criminal or something when really he's just a football manager who's on a bad run.

If you want to see for yourself, search "@LeeJohnsonCoach (c word)" on twitter. Really sad to see how nasty and horrible our fan base can be to someone who's just trying his best, even if it's not working.

An excellent post PF. 

As others have said, I'd imagine some players or managers can't resist the urge to find out what people are saying about them and others block them out.  I suspect that (quite rightly) we don't have much influence just because, however badly things are going at the moment, LJ, the coaches, staff, players and anyone working in football on a full-time basis will know a damn sight more about the game than those of us who do not and so our thoughts would be of limited (if any) value.  This is especially true as we all post anonymously - quite simply it would be foolish to take advice from anyone without knowing who that person is and what their angle and level of expertise and experience are.

One thing I know for sure is, however much LJ is struggling at the moment, I'd do a bloody sight worse in his job and that, I suspect, is true of all of us. 

12 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Unfortunately that's social media and the internet in 2017. A far cry from when Tins or even GJ (twitter was only just starting when he left) were around.

Can you imagine if twitter was around in 1999 and Pulis had an account :fear:

Agree. It's amazing really what the relative safety of social media has done. I doubt any of those calling LJ that word would say it to his face. They might (quite rightly) ask him some testing questions but that's fine. Personal abuse has no place in it, the guy is trying his best and clearly loves the club.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

An excellent post PF. 

Thanks, maybe this can be the start of a beautiful forum friendship!

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Uncle Pete was 'yessir', back in the day

Very interesting, I suspected he was involved somehow but didn't think he'd be that directly involved at the club.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agree. It's amazing really what the relative safety of social media has done. I doubt any of those calling LJ that word would say it to his face. They might (quite rightly) ask him some testing questions but that's fine. Personal abuse has no place in it, the guy is trying his best and clearly loves the club.

It's a specfic issue with Twitter. It can be 100% anonmous without any chance of a comeback. It would be a shame to have a verification process but on a plus point it might kill about 99% of shit parody accounts on there..every cloud.

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

As others have said, I'd imagine some players or managers can't resist the urge to find out what people are saying about them and others block them out.  I suspect that (quite rightly) we don't have much influence just because, however badly things are going at the moment, LJ, the coaches, staff, players and anyone working in football on a full-time basis will know a damn sight more about the game than those of us who do not and so our thoughts would be of limited (if any) value.  This is especially true as we all post anonymously - quite simply it would be foolish to take advice from anyone without knowing who that person is and what their angle and level of expertise and experience are.

One thing I know for sure is, however much LJ is struggling at the moment, I'd do a bloody sight worse in his job and that, I suspect, is true of all of us. 

Oh I don't know about that LB.

Reading this forum over time I think there are a fair few who reckon that they could make a better fist of managing the team than any of our managers from signings to tactics and man management. For that matter, there are a fair few who think they would make a better job of running the club than SL and the board ( whether they know how they would make a billion to start with is perhaps more doubtful!)

17 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

You've just got me thinking about exactly what my first team talk would be. 

If they've got the ball tackle them, pass it around nicely and make space whenever you can. If you see an opportunity to shoot take it and failing that just give it to Tammy. Now go and play football!

I think we'd be at risk of a hammering or two. But I'm quietly confident that I could have picked up 3 points in the last 11 games!

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You've just got me thinking about exactly what my first team talk would be. 

If they've got the ball tackle them, pass it around nicely and make space whenever you can. If you see an opportunity to shoot take it and failing that just give it to Tammy. Now go and play football!

I think we'd be at risk of a hammering or two. But I'm quietly confident that I could have picked up 3 points in the last 11 games!

That's so crazy it just might work :clapping:

I hope he does read what's on here, perhaps then some of the posters will be a little more considerate in what they post.

I cringe at some of the responses on here. I would suggest that if you are not prepared to say some of the things you post face to face to LJ then don't post it, simple.

He wants this club to be a success and believe it or not he also makes mistakes as well [shock horror!]

He's not above criticism by any stretch of the imagination but let's at least make it constructive.

To be honest I think he's struggling & that is never nice to see 

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know for a fact that the office staff read the forum all the time. 

I'd imagine there is a temptation for LJ to read it, I'm sure he's well aware of its existence. I hope he doesn't though, for the reasons that @Olé discussed earlier.

I think the forum was probably used as a tool to gauge fan feeling much more 5-10 years ago. With particularly Twitter becoming more prominent, people can tweet directly to LJ, JL and SL.

I don't really like having managers on twitter, mainly for the abuse it opens them up to. I notice someone replied to LJ's post about Peter Taylor's death on twitter with '@LeeJohnsonCoach when are you leaving city then or going get the sack tonight' which I find just poor taste.

The amount of horrible abuse he takes on twitter makes me question whether it's worth him using it. Anyone would think he's a criminal or something when really he's just a football manager who's on a bad run.

Agree,why put yourself at the feet of the percentage of horrible buggers who make it personal-serves no purpose.

21 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Ok. It is well known Maggie L reads the forum at times. So you gotta think SL knows what's on it at a minimum, but what else are they going to do together on a rainy night in St Peter Port. 

Managers do read this stuff. I suspect the only one that didn't was SOD, however it's how much they take out of it. Tins we know read it, GJ did and he sent Yessir to plant information and gauge reaction. I would be amazed if GJ isn't reading and maybe even posted on LJs behalf now.

SC read it also, however if you want to really put your point across write in the fanzines. Players and officials regularly buy those and they tend to be a better gauge for them as at least criticism is laced with humor and punctuation. :laugh:

However I suspect the Mods know, but they would be bound by the data protection act at a minimum.

I can guarantee that SC didn't............. he also forbade all of the squad from reading it too, they also used to avoid the post match phone in's too.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thanks, maybe this can be the start of a beautiful forum friendship!

Very interesting, I suspected he was involved somehow but didn't think he'd be that directly involved at the club.

Uncle Pete (aka the taxi driver) was scouting for his brother, and along  with LJ playing for City people said that the GJ was running the club like a family corner shop......

1 hour ago, Sepp Blatter said:

I bet 99% of our playing and coaching staff read this forum. Anyone would want to know what was being said about them, especially from the fan base. 
Don't kid yourselves about players being banned from here, how on earth can anyone police that? 

The only use to the players would be comedy value. So much rubbish is written on here, why do you think it would be of any interest to them?

Players might go through their twitter mentions but I cant see them going anywhere near fans forums.

8 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

The only use to the players would be comedy value. So much rubbish is written on here, why do you think it would be of any interest to them?

Players might go through their twitter mentions but I cant see them going anywhere near fans forums.

Have you ever seen some of the stuff on twitter. People think this place isn't retrospective of a wider fanbase. Maybe true... but bloody hell Twitter is far worse!

Archived