IGNORED

Club shop - retro lines

'Orns

Have just mentioned on one of the LJ threads (I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!) the old school ski hats that we used to wear back in the 80s

One half red and white, one half yellow and green. The shop must have sold hundreds of them, so it got me thinking, what should we be asking the club shop to bring back?

I'd take a ski hat, and any mid 80s to early 90s retro shirts that could be re-produced. I follow a few retro shirt companies on twitter - these things are so popular right now, are the club missing out on a few quid here? Every time I've been in the new shop I find it so bland, corporate. The old portacabin, under Beryl's watchful eyes, was an absolute Aladdin's cave. I loved spending my hard earned (sticking up skittles and paper round!) money in there, can't remember the last time I bought anything City related from the club, which is a shame

Anyone got something from back in the day they want brought back? Maybe if we get enough interest I'll start a petition on facebook.....

And if someone from the club does read this - can we go back to white shorts. Red shorts don't work. And the robin, always the robin

8 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Have just mentioned on one of the LJ threads (I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!) the old school ski hats that we used to wear back in the 80s

One half red and white, one half yellow and green. The shop must have sold hundreds of them, so it got me thinking, what should we be asking the club shop to bring back?

I'd take a ski hat, and any mid 80s to early 90s retro shirts that could be re-produced. I follow a few retro shirt companies on twitter - these things are so popular right now, are the club missing out on a few quid here? Every time I've been in the new shop I find it so bland, corporate. The old portacabin, under Beryl's watchful eyes, was an absolute Aladdin's cave. I loved spending my hard earned (sticking up skittles and paper round!) money in there, can't remember the last time I bought anything City related from the club, which is a shame

Anyone got something from back in the day they want brought back? Maybe if we get enough interest I'll start a petition on facebook.....

And if someone from the club does read this - can we go back to white shorts. Red shorts don't work. And the robin, always the robin

I saw a geezer jogging in one of those ski hats only the other day! Took me by surprise a bit.

Used to like a simple polo shirt with the old robin badge on. Bought a greeny coloured one once and I loved it. Was served by Deryn Coller in that portakabin as well, imagine that happening these days!!

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I saw a geezer jogging in one of those ski hats only the other day! Took me by surprise a bit.

Used to like a simple polo shirt with the old robin badge on. Bought a greeny coloured one once and I loved it. Was served by Deryn Coller in that portakabin as well, imagine that happening these days!!

An original ski hat? I got an old school robin bobble hat from Vintage Voyeurs last season, love it

Remember the polo shirts well, v neck jumpers as well with the robin badge on. Loved them!

19 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

The modern day club shop sells mostly replica shirts and training gear these days, along with souvenirs with the club crest on.

Retro shirts are great, but demand would not be high enough.. you'd never get Bristol Sport selling them in the Club shop,

and as for a petition on facebook to bring back white shorts, grow up petitions do not work. look how the petition went to bring back the robin.  

1 minute ago, Cider-Head23 said:

The modern day club shop sells mostly replica shirts and training gear these days, along with souvenirs with the club crest on.

Retro shirts are great, but demand would not be high enough.. you'd never get Bristol Sport selling them in the Club shop,

and as for a petition on facebook to bring back white shorts, grow up petitions do not work. look how the petition went to bring back the robin.  

Oh my

27 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I used to have (in the 80's) a tracksuit top, made by Bukta I think. Would zip right up & you could either have the collar right up or flip it outwards & it would flop over about 2".

Red & black, I used to wear it everywhere.

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

An original ski hat? I got an old school robin bobble hat from Vintage Voyeurs last season, love it

Remember the polo shirts well, v neck jumpers as well with the robin badge on. Loved them!

Yep, a yellow one. I was sat on the bus stop and he came jogging past, had to smile to myself. I could just imagine him in a pair of Lois cords, a Pringle jumper and a pair of Puma Californias, belting out songs from the East End!!

Those old v-neck jumpers with "pride of the west" on!! Burgundy, black or grey weren't they?? Seemed like every bloke over 50 had one of those round our way!!

Nice thread @Woodsy makes a change from all the doom and gloom ones.

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Yep, a yellow one. I was sat on the bus stop and he came jogging past, had to smile to myself. I could just imagine him in a pair of Lois cords, a Pringle jumper and a pair of Puma Californias, belting out songs from the East End!!

Those old v-neck jumpers with "pride of the west" on!! Burgundy, black or grey weren't they?? Seemed like every bloke over 50 had one of those round our way!!

Nice thread @Woodsy makes a change from all the doom and gloom ones.

First post that made me smile on here in a long time. Cords, Pringle and Puma's. The outfit of the time. I was looking at some old school Puma's the other day, I'm gonna get me some in the summer

Bang on with the jumpers - burgundy are the ones that stick out in my mind. Would love going for a pint on Christmas Day, seeing the old boys wearing their new one. Same present as last year, but they didn't give a crap. Good times

10 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

First post that made me smile on here in a long time. Cords, Pringle and Puma's. The outfit of the time. I was looking at some old school Puma's the other day, I'm gonna get me some in the summer

Bang on with the jumpers - burgundy are the ones that stick out in my mind. Would love going for a pint on Christmas Day, seeing the old boys wearing their new one. Same present as last year, but they didn't give a crap. Good times

To the sale!

http://www.80scasualclassics.co.uk/

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Heaven!! Got some Lois cords on there :yes:

I've used them a few times before, that said it's worth shopping around and you can often find the same items significantly cheaper elsewhere certainly as far as footwear is concerned, size, offspring and urban industries usually have very agreeable sales 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've used them a few times before, that said it's worth shopping around and you can often find the same items significantly cheaper elsewhere certainly as far as footwear is concerned, size, offspring and urban industries usually have very agreeable sales 

That's the trouble, I want something, I see something, I buy it, sod the expense, I just want to be 16 again!!

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

I have one of these. Still looks like new. Still wear it as a part of the match day ritual.

Quite funny really; one match on a warm day; one of the older (like myself) supporters noticed it and I was doing a mini fashion show for them all. Comments like ‘effing hell! I had one of those’, ‘Christ; do they still sell those then?’ etc.

42 minutes ago, BristolNorthEndRed said:

I have one of these. Still looks like new. Still wear it as a part of the match day ritual.

Quite funny really; one match on a warm day; one of the older (like myself) supporters noticed it and I was doing a mini fashion show for them all. Comments like ‘effing hell! I had one of those’, ‘Christ; do they still sell those then?’ etc.

Had red and black jumpers wish they would bring them back, like gold dust now adays

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Milton Red said:

Had red and black jumpers wish they would bring them back, like gold dust now adays

I know of a few friends who still wear these jumpers, must admit they are something the club could / should look into stocking again

It's funny how the "retro" market seems to be a big thing nowadays, years back anything over a season old wouldn't be seen anywhere

Does this fall under the remit or @Mkelly / @AdamB ?

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

I know of a few friends who still wear these jumpers, must admit they are something the club could / should look into stocking again

It's funny how the "retro" market seems to be a big thing nowadays, years back anything over a season old wouldn't be seen anywhere

Does this fall under the remit or @Mkelly / @AdamB ?

Thing is in them days it was small or medium now a days it xl or xxl :laugh:

Archived