IGNORED

Club shop - retro lines

'Orns

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Sounds like we need another shop, somewhere in the ground or even online. Call it The Bristol City football supporters shop. No rugby merchandise. 

Now that is a cracking idea for a money raiser @Threshing Red. I wonder if it is something that has been discussed before?

Any idea @Blagdon red ?

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

And if someone from the club does read this - can we go back to white shorts. Red shorts don't work. And the robin, always the robin

Agree 100% on the horrible red shorts and they have nothing to do with City nor our identity. And certainly not the lucky ones.

The cardboard box on the counter containing programmes from many League & Scottish League clubs that were over two years old. These were sold off cheaply and to my surprise found the 1970 World Cup programme there. I think I paid two bob for that.

I had a training top, early version of the shell suit. I thought it was great. Still got it somewhere, never wear it but couldn't bring myself to throw it out. Oh I just remembered I had a Bristol City rugby type shirt too, which was nice until the red ran and made the white collar  a bit pinkish.

Hubby had a ski hat and a burgundy jumper mentioned previously too, weren't we a kitted out couple! :blink:

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

I had a training top, early version of the shell suit. I thought it was great. Still got it somewhere, never wear it but couldn't bring myself to throw it out. Oh I just remembered I had a Bristol City rugby type shirt too, which was nice until the red ran and made the white collar  a bit pinkish.

Hubby had a ski hat and a burgundy jumper mentioned previously too, weren't we a kitted out couple! :blink:

Just a couple of mobility scooters and a day trip down weston super mare away from utopia.

Pretty sure somewhere I have a very simple home/away scarf from 1993/94 .

Red with white writing on one side and purple with green writing on the other. 

It simply says "Bristol City FC", with, I think, a robin badge at each end. 

I'll see if I can dig it out to take a picture. 

2 hours ago, 22A said:

The cardboard box on the counter containing programmes from many League & Scottish League clubs that were over two years old. These were sold off cheaply and to my surprise found the 1970 World Cup programme there. I think I paid two bob for that.

My favourite was the 5p box of old programmes!

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I want a Bristol City lampshade. I had one in 1970s, one of those white slot the pieces together type, with the Robin logo (of course)

Didn't Lynn Faulds Wood describe them as being (adopts Scottish accent) 'a poooootential death trap!'

Like kettles with cords and prams that could dice atoddlers finger in seconds.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Didn't Lynn Faulds Wood describe them as being (adopts Scottish accent) 'a poooootential death trap!'

Like kettles with cords and prams that could dice atoddlers finger in seconds.

probably, but they do similar ones in Ikea - minus the all-important logo

8 hours ago, glynriley said:

Those old v-neck jumpers with "pride of the west" on!! Burgundy, black or grey weren't they?? Seemed like every bloke over 50 had one of those round our way!!

I left mine behind at the celebrations in the supporters club after we'd won promotion in 1984...black it was.

Archived