IGNORED

Adam Matthews

Just feel he deserves his own thread. I have never hated a player as much as I hate Adam Matthews. He's a conman, he's a fraud, he's a toothless **** and having watched this team for decades I struggle to think of a player more disappointing than him. 

I hope I NEVER see him in a Bristol City shirt again. If he ever comes back to AG as opposition I will boo every single touch. 

Yes, I may have a complex, I may need therapy, but this bloke... given his involvement in Tammy's driving error also, worst signing ever. 

I well and truly despise this lazy, fat, uninterested piece of ****

I remember reading an interview where he said LJ helped him with his diet and he no longer drinks Coca Cola or something stupid like that. How can you be a grown man, a professional athlete who is PAID TO PLAY A SPORT and not know that? He is what is wrong with the game on so many levels, and I hope after this loan ends he slides down the pyramid where he belongs. You know something is wrong with the world when a man like Adam Matthews can be financially successful. What a waste of skin and organs, and I agree if he ever comes back to AG he will be booed with each touch until he comes off in the 60th when he has pulled his hamstring or wants KFC or it's way past his bedtime or something.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

But was he even trying?

You could only be that bad by trying to look bad. Him and DC are supposed to be international teammates; he didn't give a foxtrot about making DC play fullback and wingback for almost the entire time he was on.  

I wouldn't give a toss how it may ostensibly leave us short, or if we had to continue paying his wages, I would send him on the first train from Temple Meads to Sunderland tomorrow morning... cattle class. 

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

He wasn't great but first half not the worst on the pitch - let's not scapegoat the right back when the midfield was just not interested

You having a laugh? The central midfield was bad but our right winger played 2 positions. Matthews tonight deserves a 2/10, and that's practically from one block tackle in the first half from their left back. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

You could only be that bad by trying to look bad. Him and DC are supposed to be international teammates; he didn't give a foxtrot about making DC play fullback and wingback for almost the entire time he was on.  

I wouldn't give a toss how it may ostensibly leave us short, or if we had to continue paying his wages, I would send him on the first train from Temple Meads to Sunderland tomorrow morning... cattle class. 

Anyone who saw that interview with him in the summer could see that he didn't want to be here, but had no other options. Major disappointment but nowhere near the only one.

Have always said what Little lacks in class he more than makes up for in give-a-shit; Matthews can just go back to polishing his medals from Celtic and warming Sunderland's treatment room as far as I'm concerned.

And shout out to the journo who asked about him getting a longer term deal if his form improved in the pre-match presser; imagine Matthews would happily sit on the bench for a few grand a week for us for another few years.

Send him back to Sunderland; at least Vyner might what to play for us.

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

You having a laugh? The central midfield was bad but our right winger played 2 positions. Matthews tonight deserves a 2/10, and that's practically from one block tackle in the first half from their left back. 

Why not single out Joe Bryan - is it because he's "one of our own" he was just as terrible. What about out new central midfield pair who simply stood off then jogged back after losing the ball - I don't think he was the worst.

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

I felt sorry for Cotterill. Really pretty much the only city player who played well over 90 minutes. Make the most of it, cus he's about the only one who'll be in the championship next year.

6 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I well and truly despise this lazy, fat, uninterested piece of ****

I remember reading an interview where he said LJ helped him with his diet and he no longer drinks Coca Cola or something stupid like that. How can you be a grown man, a professional athlete who is PAID TO PLAY A SPORT and not know that? He is what is wrong with the game on so many levels, and I hope after this loan ends he slides down the pyramid where he belongs. You know something is wrong with the world when a man like Adam Matthews can be financially successful. What a waste of skin and organs, and I agree if he ever comes back to AG he will be booed with each touch until he comes off in the 60th when he has pulled his hamstring or wants KFC or it's way past his bedtime or something.

To be fair to him he has to be one of the dimmest, thickest ******* of the football world. And we know that footballers aren't generally of a high IQ.

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Why not single out Joe Bryan - is it because he's "one of our own" he was just as terrible. What about out new central midfield pair who simply stood off then jogged back after losing the ball - I don't think he was the worst.

Joe Bryan has been singled out. Tonight I saw effort from him if lack of ability. From Matthews I saw the exact reverse. JB gets judged by me as if he's from Egypt. He was bad tonight, AM couldn't lace his boots though. 

Our midfield.. Brownhill I thought was actually rather good. Hegeler worst game yet. By some way. Rightfully replaced. I could be wrong but I give them benefit of the doubt, they didn't press but not once did I see LJ lambast them for it; couple that with LJ saying they are the most passing team in the league (Taylor's interview on OS) I get the feeling the standing off was tactical and the plan was cut off options than close down. Unfortunately we did neither. 

But none of that excuses the streak of piss AM was. 

15 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Just feel he deserves his own thread. I have never hated a player as much as I hate Adam Matthews. He's a conman, he's a fraud, he's a toothless **** and having watched this team for decades I struggle to think of a player more disappointing than him. 

I hope I NEVER see him in a Bristol City shirt again. If he ever comes back to AG as opposition I will boo every single touch. 

Yes, I may have a complex, I may need therapy, but this bloke... given his involvement in Tammy's driving error also, worst signing ever

I heard on the grapevine that the Taxi Driver that picked up Matthews was a bloke called Tony Dinning. The bloke who was in the front passenger seat who was learning the knowledge on a training course was called Ian Baird.

They both passed on their tactics, and know how on the way to fleece Bristol City and must be very proud that Matthews listened to there every word :angry:

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

I heard on the grapevine that the Taxi Driver that picked up Matthews was a bloke called Tony Dinning. The bloke who was in the front passenger seat who was learning the knowledge on a training course was called Ian Baird.

They both passed on their tactics, and know how on the way to fleece Bristol City and must be very proud that Matthews listened to there every word :angry:

I heard Matthews called them amateurs and said 'watch this boyo's' 

Adam Matthews sums up modern football.. Given to much to young!! 

Hes made for life already without achieving the level his potential shown. He was gutless tonight, not sure we will see him play again to be honest after his reaction to bring subbed and after 2nd goal. 

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Vyner. Start him at Newcastle, I don't give a shit what you all think of my admiration for young Zak but he has to start saturday.

There is a player in Zak and I agree with you about Saturday. You know Zak will give it all as he wants to prove he can do it. Though maybe Newcastle away is one we may want to spare him a bit but maybe thrown into the deep end will pay off. 

As I've been saying for weeks however limited Little may be, and he really is, I cannot believe that anybody that has been watching this season would rather Matthews play. The guy is an absolute disgrace to his profession, he of course won't be, but he should be ashamed.

I share a very similar view of Matthews as the original poster, doesn't quite match Marcus Stewart, but other than that not a single City player I've disliked more.

As I said when he got hauled off, **** off and never play for us again.

45 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Yes, I may have a complex, I may need therapy, but this bloke... given his involvement in Tammy's driving error also, worst signing ever. 

I just looked at the thread listings and the 'number 2' thread is below yours. Adam Matthews is indeed a solid number 2. Awful. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

There is a player in Zak and I agree with you about Saturday. You know Zak will give it all as he wants to prove he can do it. Though maybe Newcastle away is one we may want to spare him a bit but maybe thrown into the deep end will pay off. 

Every game right now is one you'd want to spare him from.

Honestly I think LJ has to shake things up. Magnusson, Vyner, ODowda, Reid and Tomlin all need to play. In order to get this energy and desire the team so clearly need I feel he must play players that have to perform in order to break into the team.

44 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Stitched by the manager , pulled out of position exactly the same way Little has been exposed all season . Shocking pass by the keeper, Mathews should've put it out or clattered their player granted. 

What I don't understand is how he ever passed a medical and pre signing examination or how we didn't pick up on his poor condition back in the summer pre signing. Given his high wages which we are probably contributing a significant proportion to combined with the loss of Alying it was a certainly very costly error. If they didn't do one  it would be very amateurish.... Despite the guff from Ashton and Lee all season.

Archived