IGNORED

Striker for next season

If we go for another season long loan, the Division we will be playing in dictates the quality of player we'll get.

Baldock, Smith, Kodjia, Adomah; why do we only have quality forwards for a year at a time? Atyeo, Galley & Taylor etc all signed up and were here for at least three years. 

4 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

But winning promotes good feelings, whatever standard of football.

In the lower leagues ,due only to the perceived size of our club , most of our matches see us as the favourite to win so when we do it's expected . Equally when we lose there is huge pressure and disâppointment.

Nothing can compere with the feelings of the underdog who has beaten the odds .

So my feelgood moments are more intense in the Championship .

3 hours ago, 22A said:

If we go for another season long loan, the Division we will be playing in dictates the quality of player we'll get.

Baldock, Smith, Kodjia, Adomah; why do we only have quality forwards for a year at a time? Atyeo, Galley & Taylor etc all signed up and were here for at least three years. 

If we hadn`t shat on Brett Pitman he would have been here for three years. Never have I been as disgusted over the way City treated a good player as then - until this season of course.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

In the lower leagues ,due only to the perceived size of our club , most of our matches see us as the favourite to win so when we do it's expected . Equally when we lose there is huge pressure and disâppointment.

Nothing can compere with the feelings of the underdog who has beaten the odds .

So my feelgood moments are more intense in the Championship .

I get what you say, but the memories of Cotts and that brilliant season still makes me tingle, the 6-0 away to Bradford, and RB blasting out the Wurzels brought a tear I admit. There have been teats since, but for other reasons.

14 hours ago, Olé said:

I agree and have heard the same. I know money talks but it'll be harder and harder to bring players to the club particularly from overseas, when they see the  lack of rationale in selection or approach that has seen players absent for weeks on end and unclear of their importance to the first team. God only knows what international players will think of seeing that level of player come here and fall out of favour apparently randomly. Not a place to build your reputation.

Your point about an exodus is terrifying. And quite logical. The level of mismanagement of players is staggering and I can only imagine how players let alone their agents are thinking. Get me out of here. How Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton think we're enhancing our reputation in the footballing world is beyond me. Ashton might just be a chancer, but this isn't like Lansdown. I've spoken to 2 scouts (not the dib dib type) on trains to London and we're seen as a basket case.

There certainly seemed a lot of players that were happy to have a laugh at LJ's expense after the game,  I can defo see an exodus coming unless the impossible happens and boy blunder gets the push, to say he's a clueless laughing stock is an understatement.

Weve got a few young and untried strikers to have a go and obviously there's the ilusive Engvall plus Taylor who has hit the net at league one level.

13 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

There certainly seemed a lot of players that were happy to have a laugh at LJ's expense after the game,  I can defo see an exodus coming unless the impossible happens and boy blunder gets the push, to say he's a clueless laughing stock is an understatement.

Weve got a few young and untried strikers to have a go and obviously there's the ilusive Engvall plus Taylor who has hit the net at league one level.

Without naming names Yorkie - What was said ?

I want a quick'un....striker that is.

I like the Gallagher shout earlier, but don't want another target man.

I suspect LJ doesn't rate Engvall, which I think is a shame.

I like Taylor's movement, but I'm not impressed with his ability on the ball.  Time will tell.

Archived