IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

Work had to start on the site this month in order to retain the planning permission, the car park is first on the agenda, so a few diggers have been active for the last couple of weeks.

Q&A session with Wael + the Chairman tonight. I'm not expecting to learn anything new at the moment, usual soundbites and everybody will go home happy.

On another tack, how come you've no game this weekend? Some of the others I see have "postponed" (internats,. I presume), but you're not even mentioned !

Edited by slartibartfast

8 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Apparently the UWE build starts in March. No idea if it's true or not, but I thought some of you photographers might want to record the event, and  you might need some notice to book a day or two off.

Apparently. No idea if it's true or not . Well what a surprise 

8 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Apparently the UWE build starts in March. No idea if it's true or not, but since when has  the truth ever really been important to us. We realise  , as a club that we are in fact inferior in every way to you , I mean just look at our ground it's a absolute joke and reminds me of what's left at Glastonbury on a Monday morning. We look on with envy at your owner and the way he ploughs money into your team and fantastic new stadium while our own leader does....um , I don't actually know what he does  , but he is a really nice bloke apparently..!  

As I sit here typing this whilst dressed in my Mother's clothes waiting for bert tann to post (as its my new quest in life to out him as a gurt ted )  I dream of the day we can have our 2 cup finals a season back . Whilst you lot rather annoyingly seem to be intent on playing bigger clubs at proper grounds ..what's that all about .?

Time to go now chaps , Mummy needs her bra back. 

Flea.

Best thing you've ever written. 

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Apparently the UWE build starts in March. No idea if it's true or not, but I thought some of you photographers might want to record the event, and  you might need some notice to book a day or two off.

So here's a thing. UWE are clearly paying the builders to build a CAR PARK. 

THEY lose THEIR planinng permission if they hadn't got on with it.

YOU are not paying anyone to build anything, even a new tent.

10 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Considering the land is outside of Bristol I doubt anyone can be bothered..

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

But I thought it was only the City that gave away free tickets? 

Rovers seem to try to copy everything we do. Only problem is the sags are stupid enough to slate us after we do it, which makes them look even worse when their club does the same thing 2 months down the line.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Rovers seem to try to copy everything we do. Only problem is the sags are stupid enough to slate us after we do it, which makes them look even worse when their club does the same thing 2 months down the line.

The thing is though, we haven't been giving away free tickets - well no more than you would expect (community stuff). 

10 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I bet Go Outdoors share price will rocket with this news.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I remember the 15ers calling us "North Somerset" when we were trying to build Ashton Vale, just because an access road went across the county border. The 15ers found it hilarious that part of City's stadium might not be inside the boundaries of Bristol.

Now you are creaming your pants at the idea (and it's only an idea) that you might move to South Glos. 

Personally I fully support the UWE plans. I can think of nothing more fitting than for your local rivals being Yate Town and Mangotsfield.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phantom said:

By the way, plant is now on site at the training ground . They have today started levelling the whole site, and DC will be able to start using it for preseason next summer. The onerous conditions have been removed

Not so say the evil

The club has already started some minor preparatory work at the site ready to move forward quickly with the plans once they find out if their requests to remove the conditions when the consultation period concludes in early December....

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

The irony being one of your fans - Mark Watkins - actually drove up the new training ground and felt the need to broadcast live on facebook a field.

to be fair comparing it to our dump of a traini........oh wait sorry even with that new one (if it happens it will still be miles behind ours)

• Like 1

Just had a quick look at gaschat.

Apparently their supporters share trust is being wound up.

I don't knows the ins and outs of the set up they have, but won't that make the new owner far less accountable?

Assume that Wally has a majority holding in the club so could easily bin off any fans representation at a senior level. 

Would make asset stripping a lot easier. New stadium saddled with external debt, Wally gets to sell the Mem and keep the money offshore and then..'Adios!..'

But of course, he won't do that. He once got carried down Gloucester Road. Being a proper Chelsea, sorry, Gillingham no, apologies err, Gas something. He would never do that.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just had a quick look at gaschat.

Apparently their supporters share trust is being wound up.

I don't knows the ins and outs of the set up they have, but won't that make the new owner far less accountable?

Assume that Wally has a majority holding in the club so could easily bin off any fans representation at a senior level. 

Would make asset stripping a lot easier. New stadium saddled with external debt, Wally gets to sell the Mem and keep the money offshore and then..'Adios!..'

But of course, he won't do that. He once got carried down Gloucester Road. Being a proper Chelsea, sorry, Gillingham no, apologies err, Gas something. He would never do that.

Maybe it's being wound up because they finally realised that the words "Bristol Rovers" and "Supporters Trust" just aren't compatible..?!