IGNORED

Embarrassed Today

REDOXO

17 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We are likely to go down. We can joke about it. We are still going down.

League 1 football is spectacular! Better than this championship rubbish, no fluidity, flair, skill up here just over paid idiots who had a good season once.....

wait... our squad will be with us if we go down 

:mf_sleep:

27 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

OK I'm nicely chilled now after a relaxing afternoon in the garden NOT listening to the footy because the bastards won't let me listen on my phone. So what went wrong since Huddersfield?

1. Players today had a virus and were below par.

2. Huddersfield had a virus 15 days ago and were below par.

3. We weren't on telly and the players couldn't be arsed.

4. We do better against top sides because they suit our style. They come at us from the start, giving us the chance to counterattack. Mid and lower teams are more cautious.

1 and 2 we can do bugger all about.

If 3 is true then LJ has lost the dressing room and should go.

If 4 is true then LJ cannot pick a team and tactics to suit the opposition, is not up to the job and should go.

If no. 1 is true, why didn't LJ send players on that weren't suffering? The entire first and second team have flu? I highly doubt it.

It took me a good 3 hours to get there today just to be served up with that rubbish we had in the first 45. Always liked Tomlin but today just seemed to walk around not bothered one bit. GON was always 3 yards of the pace he should of been subbed not pack. Bryan has been bad all season but that was his worst game this season by far imo. Fielding had a steady game well by the other 10's standard anyway maybe could of done slightly better for second goal but kept us in the game. Hitting the post twice second half was a little unlucky and Taylor's miss well really don't know what happened there. One thing i did notice was how narrow we play the amount of space and time there wingers had first half was shocking.

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

It is always possible to lose a game of football in this league. What I was not prepared for was just how poor we were in the first half. We were shambolic at times. Burton's result was also a kick in the teeth. 

Forest a fighting draw at Preston, Blackburn just edged out at Brighton. Sadly I think we are the third worst team in the league. 

Forest probably should've taken all 3 points against us today. They were excellent and Warburton seems to have got them going. I can't see them going down for that reason and also because they have some top quality players. The 17 year old Brereton was absolutely superb for such a young player.

Tuesday will be an interesting game. We've haven't played well in a few weeks now but our home form is pretty good and we're due a good performance to be honest.

The first half was so abysmal it reminded me of Forest away, which rivalled today for a game so poor I had absolutely no doubt that the manager needed to go then, as I do now.

Brentford are a far better team than Forest were and were brilliantly drilled to go at our weaknesses (which are plentiful) but that is no excuse. The one thing you can rely on from any team however poor is the ability to compete but in the first half we didn't.

Whatever the manager said to them they absolutely were not playing for him or did not have any idea what his instructions were supposed to achieve. We had two weeks to prepare for today and I'm afraid if there was any doubt about Johnson the evidence of his ineptness was there for all to see today in managing to produce this from a confident and fit team.

Where and when it counted, the Brentford manager totally beat LJ tactically today, to such an extent that quite honestly its beyond me how Johnson thinks he has any remaining credibility as a professional coach or manager.

16 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

One thing i did notice was how narrow we play the amount of space and time there wingers had first half was shocking.

We've been playing that way all season. Managers know by now that they just need to play wide to beat us. Warnock brought on two wide men at AG and completely turned the game. I noticed Huddersfield were one of the few teams not to get down the wide areas and we looked far more solid. Mind you they didn't have the ball that much.

Just seems to me another sign that LJ has no idea how to organise a team.

Just now, Olé said:

The first half was so abysmal it reminded me of Forest away, which rivalled today for a game so poor I had absolutely no doubt that the manager needed to go then, as I do now.

Brentford are a far better team than Forest were and were brilliantly drilled to go at our weaknesses (which are plentiful) but that is no excuse. The one thing you can rely on from any team however poor is the ability to compete but in the first half we didn't.

Whatever the manager said to them they absolutely were not playing for him or did not have any idea what his instructions were supposed to achieve. We had two weeks to prepare for today and I'm afraid if there was any doubt about Johnson the evidence of his ineptness was there for all to see today in managing to produce this from a confident and fit team.

Where and when it counted, the Brentford manager totally beat LJ tactically today, to such an extent that quite honestly its beyond me how Johnson thinks he has any remaining credibility as a professional coach or manager.

Agree mate that the first half was one of if not the worst I have seen this season.

The players did try and looked shattered come the end but we just weren't good enough, Brentford are a much better footballing team simple as that.

Bryan and O'Neil looked awful today but two crosses from bryan were nearly converted into goals.

9 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Forest probably should've taken all 3 points against us today. They were excellent and Warburton seems to have got them going. I can't see them going down for that reason and also because they have some top quality players. The 17 year old Brereton was absolutely superb for such a young player.

Tuesday will be an interesting game. We've haven't played well in a few weeks now but our home form is pretty good and we're due a good performance to be honest.

Don't worry. you will probably hammer us!

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

Hear hear!

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

How we can go from thrashing third in the league to being soundly outmatched by a mid table team in just two weeka is beyond me.

Honestly; it's too late now to do anything about the lesdeshop of the team, but wonder if no head coach would be better than the one we have?  I think he's had more chances than I've ever seen any other manager have.

Will need a 'reaction' against Preston, and every game after that TBF.  We're running out of rope now; seven more games and it'll either be safety or the all-too familiar surroundings of League One.

13 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Thanks for the info. I'm sticking a tenner on Preston to win 2-1. If City are going to lose, I might as well make a few bob out of it...

12 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Agree mate that the first half was one of if not the worst I have seen this season.

The players did try and looked shattered come the end but we just weren't good enough, Brentford are a much better footballing team simple as that.

Bryan and O'Neil looked awful today but two crosses from bryan were nearly converted into goals.

Not even getting close to Brentford with the money we've spent just shows how pathetic our recruitment, coaching and management is. 

Yep I agree @BobBobSuperBob, it was a ******* hotly contested award, but i also think Tomlin was the most pathetic player in a City shirt.

The fact O'Dowda had to play central second half because Tomlin couldn't be bothered to even think about getting near their number 15 Woods who was running the show first half should make him embarrassed, but we know it won't. Fine some will say you carry a player like him with his limitations, and I don't necessarily disagree with that, but when you offer absolutely nothing other than gifting away possesssion endlessly you could at least try to put in some sort of a shift.

37 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Don't worry mate - we will get you back in form :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, Olé said:

Agree with you about Johnson he seems clueless and no way would I make any excuse for him.

That so called performance in the first half was beyond the pale.

A Western league side would have been embarrassed with that.

The first touch,the movement, witch was non excitant. The defending well resembled an under 12 side all watching and just following the ball.

The way Brentford found space all over the pitch, switched play at will made us look like a side playing out of our depth. Must agree with Redoxo that first half was as shit as it gets.

Also an eye opener for next season should we stay up, or go down.

All in all a truly shocking display.

35 minutes ago, samo II said:

wonder if no head coach would be better than the one we have

The evidence of today after two weeks of preparation for this match is that the more time and influence Johnson has, the worse the team are. 

So on that basis no manager would be better. We could've put a sack of potatoes in charge for the past 2 weeks and not regressed as much.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

The evidence of today after two weeks of preparation for this match is that the more time and influence Johnson has, the worse the team are. 

So on that basis no manager would be better. We could've put a sack of potatoes in charge for the past 2 weeks and not regressed as much.

Christ.

Gonna be a hell of a ride until May...

51 minutes ago, Olé said:

Been interested awaiting your opinion @Olé

You raise a very good point that we've had 10 days to prepare for that first half !!!!!

Truly unbelievable

Mind you I thought in the week off the back of the Holden / JM 'interview'

What other Championship would consider assembling a management threesome with in essence , basically sod all coaching CV or experience between them- The three apprentices !!!!

He didn't even have the nous or balls to bring in an experienced old head as his third choice 

MASSIVE over reaction going on here.

Playing a well drilled and competent Brentford at their place is never going to be easy.  If Tammys header had been 5mm to the left and Taylor hadn't somehow managed to miss that chance, we'd have taken a decent point.

We're still outside the drop zone and with Blackburn struggling I think there's reasons to be cheerful.

16 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Playing a well drilled and competent Brentford at their place is never going to be easy.  If Tammys header had been 5mm to the left and Taylor hadn't somehow managed to miss that chance, we'd have taken a decent point.

We're still outside the drop zone and with Blackburn struggling I think there's reasons to be cheerful.

Good God man.  How can you still  be that optimistic after that showing. I think Brentford didn't have to try 2nd half. They just let us play knowing they didn't have to try that hard. We couldn't score even if we played till midnight and they had 9 men. We were that bad. But hey never mind cos Blackburn are struggling. Jeez.

14 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

We were awful! Even Johnson said so! No over reaction just a fact!

19 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

You seriously are an embarrassment.

Rotherham aside (one of our 4 wins is the last 24) no game in The Championship is easy, but being completely outclassed by a club with a far smaller playing budget than us is really some feat.

"Blackburn struggling"? Their first defeat in seven under Mowbray today was a 1-0 defeat to a side that is going to be automatically promoted. No way on earth will we do that well there.

Keep making excuses and finding positives and do remember to come back in May when we are back in League One under this clown.

On 31/03/2017 at 21:22, Rednwhiterob said:

We have a squad bloated full of mediocrity.  We're going down next season.

10 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Good God man.  How can you still  be that optimistic after that showing. I think Brentford didn't have to try 2nd half. They just let us play knowing they didn't have to try that hard. We couldn't score even if we played till midnight and they had 9 men. We were that bad. But hey never mind cos Blackburn are struggling. Jeez.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You seriously are an embarrassment.

Rotherham aside (one of our 4 wins is the last 24) no game in The Championship is easy, but being completely outclassed by a club with a far smaller playing budget than us is really some feat.

"Blackburn struggling"? Their first defeat in seven under Mowbray today was a 1-0 defeat to a side that is going to be automatically promoted. No way on earth will we do that well there.

Keep making excuses and finding positives and do remember to come back in May when we are back in League One under this clown.

He  is a troll / WUM -or has 'issues'  I've posted his previous post before the one on this thread to demonstrate what hypocritical drivel he spouts 

2 hours ago, Aizoon said:

OK I'm nicely chilled now after a relaxing afternoon in the garden NOT listening to the footy because the bastards won't let me listen on my phone. So what went wrong since Huddersfield?

1. Players today had a virus and were below par.

2. Huddersfield had a virus 15 days ago and were below par.

3. We weren't on telly and the players couldn't be arsed.

4. We do better against top sides because they suit our style. They come at us from the start, giving us the chance to counterattack. Mid and lower teams are more cautious.

1 and 2 we can do bugger all about.

If 3 is true then LJ has lost the dressing room and should go.

If 4 is true then LJ cannot pick a team and tactics to suit the opposition, is not up to the job and should go.

No, the excuse is ............ "Back to the drawing board".......... Did the pencil break?

27 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Wake up and smell the coffee mate. We were absolutely woeful today. Spoke to some Dutch lads in the pub after the game who'd come over to London for a weekend on the beer and to get a game in and all 5 of them to a man said that we were 'shit'. And they were being polite. They were also right.  Today was an embarasssment. End of.  

Archived