IGNORED

Preston Refund - Confirmed

RaspberryRed

I was there - money ain't the thing - compensation would indicate an abnormality - rather thought we might get beat as I travelled up. Still hoping for the bigger picture - survival and a new manager for next season - that will satisfy me.

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Can't help but feel for the 312 fans that made the 398 mile round trip to Preston, no news on any possible reimbursement at the least?

Really?

Are we going to have to ******* petition the club just to get some goodwill for those fans, not a large contingent - that showed upstanding loyalty and patience, after the debacle this season, and specifically that match, have become?

Sorry but you pays your money you takes your chances. I can think of lots of other away days where I should've been compensated for a dire lacklustre performance over the years. 

I'm hardly a neutral as I was one of the poor buggers, but if the club offered a free trip and match ticket to Blackburn as we need all the support we could get there, if I could work out domestic arrangements I might be tempted

While I understand the OP's sentiment and agree to an extent (the docking of players' wages might be a better idea though), people who continue to stump up cash to watch that drivel can't really complain too much. If you'd heard that the latest musical down the Hippodrome was awful and that the cast couldn't sing or dance, would you still pay £45 to see it?

56 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm hardly a neutral as I was one of the poor buggers, but if the club offered a free trip and match ticket to Blackburn as we need all the support we could get there, if I could work out domestic arrangements I might be tempted

Got to agree. Think a fair way which will work for both fans and the club. Is giving free coach travel and match ticket to all fans who attended Preston. 

9 hours ago, Fuber said:

Can't help but feel for the 312 fans that made the 398 mile round trip to Preston, no news on any possible reimbursement at the least?

Really?

Are we going to have to ******* petition the club just to get some goodwill for those fans, not a large contingent - that showed upstanding loyalty and patience, after the debacle this season, and specifically that match, have become?

Disagree. You pay your money and take your chance. Plus, reimbursing fans for a crap result will open the floodgates for more entitled fans want a refund when we get a hammering. Its rare we get stuffed like that,  but it does happen and is part of the game. 

Archived