IGNORED

Preston Refund - Confirmed

RaspberryRed

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Do we know whether this is something the players offered or LJ told the players they (and not him) would be doing it,

it could be a great gesture but I fear it could also be an egotist who cannot admit fault making sure the players are scapegoated for his fault to prepare a team...

Sure it will come out at some stage probably on Tomlin's twitter page!

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Do we know whether this is something the players offered or LJ told the players they (and not him) would be doing it,

it could be a great gesture but I fear it could also be an egotist who cannot admit fault making sure the players are scapegoated for his fault to prepare a team...

Apparently offered by the players and Korey Smith at the heart of it, which again, if true, fair play to him.

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Do we know whether this is something the players offered or LJ told the players they (and not him) would be doing it

The club, for whatever reason, are so desperate to retain the services of Lee Johnson. I'd have thought that if he was in anyway involved in this, they would have put him out front and centre to announce it. He could do with the PR boost. Instead Korey goes on the radio. He's not even the club captain. Perhaps he organised it. It certainly seems to be the players and not the club.

Just now, Olé said:

The club, for whatever reason, are so desperate to retain the services of Lee Johnson. I'd have thought that if he was in anyway involved in this, they would have put him out front and centre to announce it. He could do with the PR boost. Instead Korey goes on the radio. He's not even the club captain. Perhaps he organised it. It certainly seems to be the players and not the club.

Indeed, the club aren't even willing to refund the booking fee which tells you everything!

Note: Refunds do not include the booking fee.

I wasn't involved in our last refund, Swansea I believe. Were  all away fans refunded?  I think I remember people who went on CATS were offered another trip as compensation too, I was traveling on CATS shortly after and lots of people were happy as it was their 'free' trip.

There was only one coach on Tuesday, I wonder why this wasn't done this time? But if the club are withholding the £1 booking fee, that say it all.

Just now, RedM said:

I wasn't involved in our last refund, Swansea I believe. Were  all away fans refunded?  I think I remember people who went on CATS were offered another trip as I was traveling on CATS shortly after and lots of people were happy as it was their 'free' trip.

There was only one coach on Tuesday, I wonder why this wasn't done this time? But if the club are withholding the £1 booking fee, that say it all.

Yes, I mean in fairness there's no way Steve Lansdown could afford to lose about £200 over all this ie those who bought in advance and thus paid a booking fee

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, I mean in fairness there's no way Steve Lansdown could afford to lose about £200 over all this ie those who bought in advance and thus paid a booking fee

Well I'm willing to give it, not that I have a choice, as long as he spends it wisely huh

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Indeed, the club aren't even willing to refund the booking fee which tells you everything!

This is actually quite funny. Who on earth, behind the scenes, has gone "yeah, let's do the refund, what a fantastic gesture, but there's no way they're having the £1.50 booking fee"?!

It's just stupid.

1 hour ago, ontariored said:

Probably BS initiated. All because they cannot or will not replace the Head Coach. It should be BS footing the bill. 

Agree BS initiative . To deflect pressure from LJ  and to try to prevent the J out chants . LJ clearly cannot motivate any of them. If we had a decent manager , they would do their utmost . " Lost the dressing room ?" . It has been lost since December .

2 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

BS pushed I'd say, Whatever it takes to keep the manager in a job. 

But if you wanted to keep the manager in the job (which they clearly do), surely you have Lee Johnson announcing the refund, saying it was his idea and he wanted to lead the players and staff in showing how unacceptable the collapse on Tuesday was. They haven't done that, and they know it is beyond the pale to spin it anyway other than the way it was conceived, which tells me this simple gesture did not come from club or management. Even LJ press conference quote says "the players" - you just can't lie about some things.

Just now, Olé said:

But if you wanted to keep the manager in the job (which they clearly do), surely you have Lee Johnson announcing the refund, saying it was his idea and he wanted to lead the players and staff in showing how unacceptable the collapse on Tuesday was. They haven't done that, and they know it is beyond the pale to spin it anyway other than the way it was conceived, which tells me this simple gesture did not come from club or management. Even LJ press conference quote says "the players" - you just can't lie about some things.

Players have got one over on Johnson and the club here.

5 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

This is actually quite funny. Who on earth, behind the scenes, has gone "yeah, let's do the refund, what a fantastic gesture, but there's no way they're having the £1.50 booking fee"?!

It's just stupid.

Says it all about BS  customer service I am afraid . Comment on here yesterday that if a Direct debit is cancelled for next season , then " you won't be allowed to do DD next year " FFS . There must be a lot of fans yet to renew , not just for threat of Div 1 but greater dark cloud of LJ in charge irrespective of division . The coach fee to Preston should be refunded at least . The players are demotivated beyond belief . It is so obvious . And in 35 years of supporting , can't remember it as bad . Although I'm sure some contributors will ( and have ) recalled worse . 

3 minutes ago, Redstreet said:

Says it all about BS  customer service I am afraid . Comment on here yesterday that if a Direct debit is cancelled for next season , then " you won't be allowed to do DD next year " FFS . There must be a lot of fans yet to renew , not just for threat of Div 1 but greater dark cloud of LJ in charge irrespective of division . The coach fee to Preston should be refunded at least . The players are demotivated beyond belief . It is so obvious . And in 35 years of supporting , can't remember it as bad . Although I'm sure some contributors will ( and have ) recalled worse . 

Yep, it's disgusting. What other business would do that? 

Maybe you cancel through illness or any other legitimate reason you'd rather not share - you appear to be marked out by the club. 

Shameful. 

I'd so much rather be rattling about in league one in the East End than this faceless, corporate crap. 

Atyeo would be ashamed of this. 

The ironic thing is if they had refunded match tickets and offered free coaches to Blackburn, where we need the support just as much if not more, many people would have taken them up on that. 

edit, by 'they' I mean the club doing the free coaches, not the players. The club aren't actually spending out a single penny, in fact they have gained as they got a nice profit from the coach (the difference between hire cost of the coach and the price they charge) and our booking fees!!!

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Interesting point Ole but IMO ,  BS and LJ view totally locked in , joined at hip . And that view is Fault of players not LJ as BS have total belief in LJ . So players scapegoats . Tammy on Tuesday night going over to fans and upset I expect was upset at the totality of the shamble ( ergo no management , no leadership ) . Shame the players not allowed to say what they feel . The fact we are having to reflect on all this in this sort of reverse logic/ common sense manner is quite staggering and I doubt would be the case at any other club . 

Just now, Redstreet said:

Interesting point Ole but IMO ,  BS and LJ view totally locked in , joined at hip . And that view is Fault of players not LJ as BS have total belief in LJ . So players scapegoats . Tammy on Tuesday night going over to fans and upset I expect was upset at the totality of the shamble ( ergo no management , no leadership ) . Shame the players not allowed to say what they feel . The fact we are having to reflect on all this in this sort of reverse logic/ common sense manner is quite staggering and I doubt would be the case at any other club . 

Good point. They aren't allowed to say what they feel but it's making me think that by offering a refund they have got their message through. We hear you lads! 

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Yep, it's disgusting. What other business would do that? 

Maybe you cancel through illness or any other legitimate reason you'd rather not share - you appear to be marked out by the club. 

Shameful. 

I'd so much rather be rattling about in league one in the East End than this faceless, corporate crap. 

Atyeo would be ashamed of this. 

IMO BCFC fans should be awarded best fans in the division as no other club ( Rotherham aside ) has had such a prolonged bad run . Forest , Derby , Wigan , Blackburn all sacked managers. 

Maybe we are too compliant ? 

Just now, RedM said:

Good point. They aren't allowed to say what they feel but it's making me think that by offering a refund they have got their message through. We hear you lads! 

Yes I am  also trying to see it as a posiitive but desperate " cry for help " signal from the players . What LJ said about Hordur absolutely crystallised what he is about as a man . Blame a guy who has just come on . Whatever happens I don't think many of these players will want to stay at BC even if we stay up . I have been through a lot of managers and I know Pulis was intensely disliked but this current incumbent is close to the top of the pile IMO . I am not saying anything new because of quality level contributions on this forum but it is good to talk ! 

One day we will find out if this was a spontaneous gesture by the players or if this was a case of them being told to anti-up.

I suspect that however you cut it, some will hope that the inference that the players are taking responsibility shows the latest shit show was not the fault of LJ in anyway and thus he is still in charge. 

Can we get refunds for all the shit shows since September. This club is now embarrassing itself, but good on the 312 you earned it. 

There's no escaping the fact that LJ has clearly struggled this season with some of the tactics and picking the right first 11. 

However, just as I was surprised by the Huddersfield result I was surprised by the Preston one. We've consistently struggled in a few key areas on the pitch, partly down to LJ decisions and partly down to players in those positons either not being good enough and others being not consistently good enough. 

Whatever we speculate about the players not being bothered, no longer playing for the manager etc etc leading up to that Huddersfield result we had come off the back of some decent results and a crucial victory against Wigan. So why then would they just suddenly not bother in that way when they can clearly scrape it together when needed and then some when considering that Huddersfield result and he had kept more or less the same side, barring injury?

It's a great gesture from the players. Something clearly is going on down there but what hacks me off is going by that mini revival of sorts we could quite easily have been clear of trouble, so whether they are playing for LJ or not why are they just not grinding it out anyway when they've shown what they can do? Could have saved themselves some money in the process and maybe even have earned a pay rise!!!

2 hours ago, RedM said:

The ironic thing is if they had refunded match tickets and offered free coaches to Blackburn, where we need the support just as much if not more, many people would have taken them up on that. 

edit, by 'they' I mean the club doing the free coaches, not the players. The club aren't actually spending out a single penny, in fact they have gained as they got a nice profit from the coach (the difference between hire cost of the coach and the price they charge) and our booking fees!!!

Because the Club have to pay the players, I am not quite sure the Club make a tidy profit, as indicated by previous years accounts.

Archived