IGNORED

Preston Refund - Confirmed

RaspberryRed

That could support the feeling that the players are embarrassed ? A sign of them standing with us?

I'm only asking a question by the way as I don't know. Maybe they are as fed up as we are with the present situation and showing a bit of solidarity with the supporters? 

Just now, ziderheadarmy said:

Sorry, I'm confused...

it's not his fault??????

He is the manager for Christ sake wake up 

Personally, I took that post as being ironic as in 'it's never LJ's fault'!

Just now, Super said:

How much was the ticket RM?

My adult was £24, obviously there were various concessions. It's not the money as again obviously I was prepared to pay that for a point or two or even a decent game of football with a bit of fight in it. I'm staggered it's the players doing this, it's the principal of the matter.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

That could support the feeling that the players are embarrassed ? A sign of them standing with us?

I'm only asking a question by the way as I don't know. Maybe they are as fed up as we are with the present situation and showing a bit of solidarity with the supporters? 

Personally, I took that post as being ironic as in 'it's never LJ's fault'!

I very much doubt that it's the players' decision.

It could turn out to be an expensive precedent.

So my thread was read by someone in or around the club :thumbsup:

Like @RedM I'm not sure what message this sends and if prompted by fans reaction it's a shame they didn't come to this decision without being nudged as it now feels more like a PR face save.

That said. As much as I slate bad perfomance/behaviour then I have to say well done for doing the honorable thing and just pleased for the 316 who watched the capitulation.

I can only hope this positivity and the players acknowledgment can carry forward to 3 pts Sat and going on to avoid the drop

Just heard Kory Smith on radio Bris...  ok but now as far as I'm concerned...

.....They know how and what they have to do to really put things right ..starting Saturday,  we know they can, question is are they really up for it?

They're all pro players and all know how to win a fame of football, with or without the wisdom of a pitchside manager ...just do what needs to be done ffs... coyr's..

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Would that be the same SLO who's just a yes man, according to some?

That's not actually how I perceived it NR, maybe some did but when I read the thread, it was more a case of thinking the split roles would make it impossible for him to do the SLO role properly. That's how I read it anyway. Understandably, he's not going to go against the 'party' line and risk his position, he's a working man just like us after all.

6 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

Just seen this. Couldn't believe he had no shame on the matter for himself! We went in at HT 1-0 down and completely went to pieces..

What did he say at HT?!! Unbelievable 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

That's not actually how I perceived it NR, maybe some did but when I read the thread, it was more a case of thinking the split roles would make it impossible for him to do the SLO role properly. That's how I read it anyway. Understandably, he's not going to go against the 'party' line and risk his position, he's a working man just like us.

That's my view too, but in the thread there were definitely elements who were criticising him because he didn't speak out against the club. Of course he's not going to do that.

• Admin

I can understand the disappointment, but is this not a dangerous precedent, will there be a number of goals against that triggers a refund, a neutral appraisal of performance, its been a shit season, but whilst it sounds great, to be refunded if disappointed with a result/performance, I wonder where this could lead.  Pay more for a good result?  Promotion levy on season tickets because it's a good season when a team gets promoted?  Extra 5 quid to leave the ground if we win by 3 clear goals, with an increasing scale?

All totally impractical and wouldn't happen, but refunds are quite a rare phenomenon.

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I'm not sure I follow? 

Divide between the players and management?

It just that the players do this and not the Club, which is a great gesture don't get me wrong. I expect LJ did contribute but it hardly reads like this, so it seems a 3 way split to me. Maybe I'm over reading a Tweet but I'm not seeing much 'us' and 'we'. It's like the club ( by this I mean SL and the Board) have taken a step away from this and said to Lee & the players 'it's your mess sort it out' .

It just seems mighty weird to me. I can't see the players offering a refund if they felt they had given their all, they held something back and now are 'guilty and embarrassed' 

Archived