IGNORED

head of scouting

Robin Ashton

Not trying to criticise the club here, but I'm genuinely surprised that they'd need to advertise on LinkedIn. 

I'd have thought that anyone suitable would be known within a fairly small fraternity of scouts, especially if your networking is good. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Not trying to criticise the club here, but I'm genuinely surprised that they'd need to advertise on LinkedIn. 

I'd have thought that anyone suitable would be known within a fairly small fraternity of scouts, especially if your networking is good. 

Absolutely spot on, what an amateur way to find a scout.

Knot tying and pathfinder badges essential and must own a woggle?.

46 minutes ago, Selred said:

"We may of had a testing season" ... what a bloody understatement! 

Don't forget the next part of the sentence -  "but it has made us braver and stronger."

That's one way of putting it

Always knew scouts got paid F all, but £55K+ really isn't much when you think about the hours they'll work, amount of people they'll be responsible for, amount of traveling etc. Especially when most of the executive board who probably roll into the office at 10am most days will be on over £200k. 

Scouting is similar to analysts in that the club takes advantage of people's love for their job and the knowledge someone else would do it for less. I've known analysts who have been at an away game at the other end of the country for a midweek game where the coaches want the analysis ready for training the next morning. So they've got to pack up their gear if they've been doing live coding, travel 4+ hours after the game and then do all the analysis and be ready to present it next morning when everyone else has had a good nights sleep, all a regular occourance for low pay.

Surely it's like any other job with in football though ?, if you do a good job other clubs will come sniffing around offering you more money, so you ether move on to a bigger club willing to pay you more money, or you negotiate a new more locative contract with your current employer, I'm fully expecting our scouting network and fitness coaches to be moving on soon. 

'To be part of an incredible journey' They are not joking. Championship to Conference in just a few seasons

' mobile footballers'. Are they thinking of moving on the immobile ones we have been recruiting recently then?!

Totally embarrassing advertisement.  Shows we are in the hands of unthinking corporate robots. Quite dreadful

7 hours ago, petehinton said:

Always knew scouts got paid F all, but £55K+ really isn't much when you think about the hours they'll work, amount of people they'll be responsible for, amount of traveling etc. Especially when most of the executive board who probably roll into the office at 10am most days will be on over £200k. 

Same old City, always trying to do things on the cheap :laughcont:

They may be advertising for a new manager soon as well:dunno:

It's a strange one, I'd have thought a decent scout will pay for himself many times over with just one gem of a player. 

It's a role that is a true building block on which everything else depends. 

Pay to get the right, experienced man. 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Wow. Embarrassing is an understatement. We've actually used 'DNA' in the advert. 

Whats more, you must have a full clean driving license. Why?

All that does is make it abundantly clear who drafted the advert..

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think it was the taxi driver who brought the legendary Peter Styver to his bro's attention.......via a video......:facepalm:

Who brought the legendary Gustav Engvall to LJ's attention though?

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Who brought the legendary Gustav Engvall to LJ's attention though?

No idea Graham but Engvall never really had a decent opportunity to show what he could do. Same kinda a thing is happening to the guy we nicked from the Gas.

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No idea Graham but Engvall never really had a decent opportunity to show what he could do. Same kinda a thing is happening to the guy we nicked from the Gas.

I know, with Engvall it is baffling. Plenty of rumours that he looks a bad buy in training but we don't see that, so as he has featured so little we can't judge for ourselves.

Personally I don't think Taylor is any better than Agard and we don't play a formation where he fits in anyway.

Unless the main idea was to sabotage Rovers' play off bid his signing is almost as baffling.

Archived