IGNORED

Djuric

Super

Nothing against the lad think he is a decent player but as soon as he was brought on we just lumped long balls which failed bably. This season has been bad enough but a season of long ball football to look forward to next season might just finish me off!

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Nothing against the lad think he is a decent player but as soon as he was brought on we just lumped long balls which failed bably. This season has been bad enough but a season of long ball football to look forward to next season might just finish me off!

He just looks a bit weak to me, tall but not strong enough to take much physical contact. Maybe another season with Wilbrahams guidance will show him how it's done. 

Just now, Super said:

I hate long ball football like I hate toothache but yesterday too many City players were already "on the beach" and the usual passing game just wasn't working. Brum on the other hand were well up for it - they had to be given their dodgy position.

LJ usually brings on a big man after an hour or so it wasn't a substitution we've not seen before.  It used to be Wilbrahams but with him out  its now Djuric. LJ has explained before that he likes to bring on a tall player to hold the ball up and give the team different options if required and it was necessary yesterday for sure.

It's a problem because he's a top top target man, probably one of the best we've ever had, he wins every single header but if we are going to be launching it to him then we need someone quick to run off him for flick ons etc which we didn't have yesterday

Djuric wins everything in the air, problem is other forward players don't seem to anticipate him doing this and just stand still! 

He defenatily has work to do on ball at feet but every good squad needs a target man. You need different options in your squad .

1 hour ago, RedM said:

He just looks a bit weak to me, tall but not strong enough to take much physical contact. Maybe another season with Wilbrahams guidance will show him how it's done. 

Eh? He wins everything in the air for a start!

I think he will be a key player next season if played correctly, less long ball as mentioned and more crosses.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I've never been a fan of target men. Does anyone remember Steve Torpey.......:shocking:

That said I did like Dele Adebola. He was more than just a target man. Very powerful and useful on the ground,  Shame he was in the twilight of his career when we signed him.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Weak? He wins every single header with  little problem.  He looks a good player and an excellent target man 

If he stays fit, he could be a key player next season.  We do need to get more crosses in and work out a plan for set pieces with him and Flint.  Couldn't believe it yesterday when we took a short corner and a wild shot from Bryan (not the first one) when Flint and Djuric waiting in the box.

He reminds me a bit of Peter Crouch.

People often don't rate lanky players up front because they tend to look ungainly.

Even when he was playing well Crouchy still looked awkward but was really effective.

If we can develop Djuric into a sort of Peter Crouch type of player then I for one would be more than happy.

2 minutes ago, South stander said:

If he stays fit, he could be a key player next season.  We do need to get more crosses in and work out a plan for set pieces with him and Flint.  Couldn't believe it yesterday when we took a short corner and a wild shot from Bryan (not the first one) when Flint and Djuric waiting in the box.

Equally the opposition would have been waiting for the scud into the box, it could have taken them by surprise had Bryan been on target , at least he got a shot away .

20 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think he will be a key player next season if played correctly, less long ball as mentioned and more crosses.

I'm not disputing he doesn't win the ball, but looking for him to win the ball and for something with it. He gets a touch but often with nothing more than to be picked up by an opposition player. I do realise we do need our players to anticipate his flicks, but I wish he would  stay on his feet and be ready to receive the ball again sometimes. Every time Wilbraham heads the ball he isn't picking himself off the ground moments later. I'm sure he will come good, but Duric needs to toughen up of at least learn how to win the foul.

Just now, Top Robin said:

He reminds me a bit of Peter Crouch.

People often don't rate lanky players up front because they tend to look ungainly.

Even when he was playing well Crouchy still looked awkward but was really effective.

If we can develop Duric into a sort of Peter Crouch type of player then I for one would be more than happy.

Tbf to Peter Crouch he can play alright ' great feet , great touch and an all round underrated and very decent player with a good goal scoring record - including at International level , great link up player too

It's only his beanpole look that made people think he was predominantly an aerial threat but he's much more than that

He would probably have been appreciated more if he was 6' and people would have taken more note of his ability with his feet

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I'm not disputing he doesn't win the ball, but looking for him to win the ball and for something with it. He gets a touch but often with nothing more than to be picked up by an opposition player. I do realise we do need our players to anticipate his flicks, but I wish he would  stay on his feet and be ready to receive the ball again sometimes. Every time Wilbraham heads the ball he isn't picking himself off the ground moments later. I'm sure he will come good, but Duric needs to toughen up of at least learn how to win the foul.

He was starting to look good before his injury. I am hoping that with a good pre-season under his belt he will come good. I have faith in this guy. ( There again I thought that Wes Burns would break through this year and that Tomlin would lead us to a top six finish . :blink: )

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Totally agree , and weak ?  He pushed Sol Bamba around like a puppy and not many do that . 

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Yesterday he had 2-3 people on him at all times and a ref hell bent on giving Brum and advantage.

Yesterday Djuric got penalised for jumping, but nothing given when 2 players dragged him down. 

No amount of skill at "buying freekicks" would have helped

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yesterday he had 2-3 people on him at all times and a ref hell bent on giving Brum and advantage.

Yesterday Djuric got penalised for jumping, but nothing given when 2 players dragged him down. 

I didn't see one cross put into the box for him all we did was lump high balls in his direction.

1 minute ago, Super said:

I didn't see one cross put into the box for him all we did was lump high balls in his direction.

Where have I said they were from a cross?

Bryan had multiple opportunites to cross to him, but he was having the worst game I have seen from him

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Where have I said they were from a cross?

Bryan had multiple opportunites to cross to him, but he was having the worst game I have seen from him

Sorry mate that wasn't aimed at your comment just a general observation.

43 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I fully agree yesterday he was on a highway to nowhere with that Ref and those tactics by the Brum players, but I was writing more generally about him. I do think his injury came at a time which hasn't helped him though.

My concern is that we are very unlikely to get another Tammy, let's face it it's not often players like that come along, and or strike force is Duric, Wilbraham and Taylor at the moment, oh and a young Swede and a couple of others successful elsewhere at at lower level. If Duric is being ramped up to be the main man I am concerned, not only whether he can do it but also with the style of lump it football, I'm  more than happy to be proved wrong though this time next year. 

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

I fully agree yesterday he was on a highway to nowhere with that Ref and those tactics by the Brum players, but I was writing more generally about him. I do think his injury came at a time which hasn't helped him though.

My concern is that we are very unlikely to get another Tammy, let's face it it's not often players like that come along, and or strike force is Duric, Wilbraham and Taylor at the moment, oh and a young Swede and a couple of others successful elsewhere at at lower level. If Duric is being ramped up to be the main man I am concerned, not only whether he can do it but also with the style of lump it football, I'm  more than happy to be proved wrong though this time next year. 

RedM

I think , if I'm correct you are a lass not a lad

Please take this as a big compliment when I say I read your posts and you IMHO really understand the game and do female supporters proud , as does @Septic Peg who makes her points , often in her unique way and regularly makes me laugh

Always seem to be likeing your posts and enjoy your take on things

Good on ya 

:thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

RedM

Please take this as a big compliment when I say I read your posts and you IMHO really understand the game and do female supporters proud , as does @Septic Peg who makes her points , often in her unique way and regularly makes me laugh

Good on ya 

Sexist pig :protest:

Bob's probably surprised that the ladies have time to post on OTIB ,what with all the housework and that.

;)

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

I hate long ball football like I hate toothache but yesterday too many City players were already "on the beach" and the usual passing game just wasn't working. Brum on the other hand were well up for it - they had to be given their dodgy position.

LJ usually brings on a big man after an hour or so it wasn't a substitution we've not seen before.  It used to be Wilbrahams but with him out  its now Djuric. LJ has explained before that he likes to bring on a tall player to hold the ball up and give the team different options if required and it was necessary yesterday for sure.

Koreys comments were quite interesting, he basically said he didn't want to get injured going into the break so he's ready for pre season.

I think most of our players had that attitude yesterday especially in the first half.

52 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

RedM

Good on ya 

.............it's the male posters that are the idiots, is what you are trying to say!

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Sexist pig :protest:

Bob's probably surprised that the ladies have time to post on OTIB ,what with all the housework and that.

;)

Please don't Major

:blink:

I get in enough trouble as it is !!

:bruce_h4h:

;)

Put it this way , think I'd enjoy chewing over the afternoons football with a pint with those mentioned , than some , whatever gender they may be 

Archived