IGNORED

Potential signings - Who would you like to see join?

Tipps69

I know he's only a League 2 player, but at Cambridge Luke Berry has scored 22 goals this season and only missed one League game. Many CUFC fans reckon he'll be snapped up by a higher club this Summer.

48 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Wouldn't mind Ryan Frazier from Bournemouth. Very pacy tricky winger with good experience. Whether he is surplus to requirements there or not is another question as he has played a few times this season

He played the majority of the season & impressed so it's highly unlikely that he'd be available & if by any remote chance he was, there would be a few bigger clubs than us in the market for him.

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Does he play RB?

Has he got a Merc for the next Chelsea on loan starlet to smash up near Failand?

Important deal-breaking questions.

I played across the back four , My Neighbour has a Merc. would settle for 30K a week. Only problem I can foresee is I would make Nicky Hunt look like a shit hot right back. 

20 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Josh Morris from Scunny now they`re not going up? Also, I`d go for Aiden O'Brien from Millwall if they lose the playoff final.

My fear with Morris is, is it a one season wonder? He'd done very little in his career until the first half of this season & then things dried up for him (goals & assists), so much so that he joined Scunthorpe on a free transfer from Bradford last summer.

Just now, Tipps69 said:

My fear with Morris is, is it a one season wonder? He'd done very little in his career until the first half of this season & then things dried up for him (goals & assists), so much so that he joined Scunthorpe on a free transfer from Bradford last summer.

Agreed, look no further than Eoin Doyle I guess (and to a certain extent, Adam Armstrong - I`d have snatched your hand off for him last season but the Barnsley fans on here say he`s been pony for them). Still, you dont know till you try I suppose.

On 5/8/2017 at 16:58, BobBobSuperBob said:

:blink:

Talented player but never performed for any period at any club he's ever been at

If SAF , Sam Allardyce and a few notable others couldn't deal with him - do you think LJ could ?

*cough*

Tomlin

Powell has talent but a poor fitness record and his career has stalled after great early promise - a definite 'gamble'

He was an absolute monster at Birmingham City, but I agree with you. It would be a gamble, but for a free it's a fairly minor one.

While you're right in that calibre of manager that has tried and failed, I think our young players and the likes of Wilbrahim would be fantastic in ensuring that he settles into the area, and leaves his past behind him. Not to say that Tammy was a tearaway teen, but he's gone from second best youth prospect for Chelsea to leading Championship goalscorer under us, so I'd have a bit more faith in what we could do for other troubled stars.

11 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

He was an absolute monster at Birmingham City, but I agree with you. It would be a gamble, but for a free it's a fairly minor one.

While you're right in that calibre of manager that has tried and failed, I think our young players and the likes of Wilbrahim would be fantastic in ensuring that he settles into the area, and leaves his past behind him. Not to say that Tammy was a tearaway teen, but he's gone from second best youth prospect for Chelsea to leading Championship goalscorer under us, so I'd have a bit more faith in what we could do for other troubled stars.

Nice thought and undoubted bags of talent but Morrison is virtually uncontrollable , had a chance for a new career abroad and blew that too - He's right up,there at the top of the list of players with awaful attitudes , commitment and professionalism 

Rather than our young players helping him , he'd far more likely to be a real problem , a big distraction and a terrible example to our own

As much as it's a nice thought I'd seriously put the odds of him being any form of success at a club , and in this instance ours at something like 100/1

To even mention Tammy in the same breath is sacrilige !!! 

They are literally at the polar opposites in the scale of attitude , enthusiasm , commitment and professionalism  

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

Bristol City - football's Samaritans?

Engvall??

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

Tammy already had it all before he came to us.  We gave him a great platform to launch a mega-bucks career (hopefully) but you can tell he's been brought up the right way!

I'm just relieved we didn't ruin him!!

For those suggesting Sam Baldock, he singlehandedly gave the Championship to Newcastle with missed goal scoring opportunities at the weekend.  Never look back.

On Mon May 08 2017 at 16:55, EnderMB said:

Nick Powell would be on my list as well. He's fantastic on a good day, and with the right coaching he could be a solid forward.

The top of my list would be Ravel Morrison. He might have a troubled past, but he's shown Premier League quality, and we'd probably be able to land him on a free. If LJ can get the best out of him we'll have someone that can legitimately pull the strings against any Championship opposition.

nick powell is a pisshead talking to some crewe lads a while back thats why he never kicked on at man unt

On 5/9/2017 at 19:05, reddoh said:

I played across the back four , My Neighbour has a Merc. would settle for 30K a week. Only problem I can foresee is I would make Nicky Hunt look like a shit hot right back. 

Think you're being too hard on yourself there Reddoh!

On 09/05/2017 at 01:00, Bs4Red said:

GK - David Marshall, one of the best keepers I've seen at this level and seems to be surplus to requirements at Hull. (Not sure if injured) In my opinion we have 2 of the worst keepers in the league. 

RB - As already said Darikwa or McLaughlin. Both very good players and certainly an area to look at. 

CB - Dean at Brentford would be a massive one for me and I think Hordur has a part to play next season. I have stated I think nothing of BW and we must replace him. 

CM - Important to keep hold of MP who has been exceptionally for the past 10 games IMO.

Also think Loftus Cheek could be a loan shout with him in desperate need of games but possibly too good for us

ST - I've said it around 10 times on this forum but Cyle Larin would be an unbelievable signing. Banging goals in for Orlando, he's quick, strong and his finishing is great. 

Closer to home I'd say Baldock would be a reasonable shout or a loan bid for Dom Solanke seeing as Chelsea are so impressed with what we've done with Tammy 

A good starting point.  Got to accept that I'm not as up to date as some of you, especially you Football Managers too.  Probably got some pre-conceived opinions too that biases my thinking, so happy for plenty of disagreement.  Nor have I got time to investigate the contract status....apologies for my tardiness! :P

GK - I'd take what we've got.  Frank, Ivan, Max and Jo-Jo.  Admittedly if someone of the quality of Ruddy (or that ilk) was within our reach, I'd say go for it.

RB - think most of us plump for the same two.  Like the athleticism of Darikwa....McLaughlin a steady eddie at Champ level I reckon.  The other name touted is Christie.  No arguments with any of these names.

LB - I've always like Bidwell, QPR, Ex-Brentford.  Think he'd fit in well.  Can do the defensive work and confident on the ball. 

CB - let's assume Flint goes.  I'm not of the opinion that we have to get a like for like replacement, but I'd like to see BW and HM as well as TM alongside either.  Not saying that would be my ideal pairing and we don't need another CB, but I would really like to see us bring in a quick'un.  How many times did we hear on Sky that LJ likes a 45 yard gap from back to back.  If we want to press then that needs to be closed.  A quick CB would allow us to press further up.  Think Des Walker....but I've no idea who a Champ equivalent is.  TM has pace, hence I'd be keen to see him.

CM - Scowen mentioned several times.  I'd like a big'un in there, not for all games, but those where we need physicality.  Pack has been very consistent and Smith was written off too soon by too many...but we need to be harder in there.  I look at Danny Williams and Dale Stephens as the benchmark, need to find similar to these.

SC - Gallagher, yep, but what does that mean for Djuric?

On 09/05/2017 at 20:00, Red Right Hand said:

Josh Morris from Scunny now they`re not going up? Also, I`d go for Aiden O'Brien from Millwall if they lose the playoff final.

nice footballer

23 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

He was a key player the season before for Fleetwood.  He's more than goals, so don't just go by Wikipedia stats.

Going to be an interesting summer.  Difficult to know what the score is until we see retained lists and OOCs.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

A good starting point.  Got to accept that I'm not as up to date as some of you, especially you Football Managers too.  Probably got some pre-conceived opinions too that biases my thinking, so happy for plenty of disagreement.  Nor have I got time to investigate the contract status....apologies for my tardiness! :P

GK - I'd take what we've got.  Frank, Ivan, Max and Jo-Jo.  Admittedly if someone of the quality of Ruddy (or that ilk) was within our reach, I'd say go for it.

RB - think most of us plump for the same two.  Like the athleticism of Darikwa....McLaughlin a steady eddie at Champ level I reckon.  The other name touted is Christie.  No arguments with any of these names.

LB - I've always like Bidwell, QPR, Ex-Brentford.  Think he'd fit in well.  Can do the defensive work and confident on the ball. 

CB - let's assume Flint goes.  I'm not of the opinion that we have to get a like for like replacement, but I'd like to see BW and HM as well as TM alongside either.  Not saying that would be my ideal pairing and we don't need another CB, but I would really like to see us bring in a quick'un.  How many times did we hear on Sky that LJ likes a 45 yard gap from back to back.  If we want to press then that needs to be closed.  A quick CB would allow us to press further up.  Think Des Walker....but I've no idea who a Champ equivalent is.  TM has pace, hence I'd be keen to see him.

CM - Scowen mentioned several times.  I'd like a big'un in there, not for all games, but those where we need physicality.  Pack has been very consistent and Smith was written off too soon by too many...but we need to be harder in there.  I look at Danny Williams and Dale Stephens as the benchmark, need to find similar to these.

SC - Gallagher, yep, but what does that mean for Djuric?

nice footballer

He was a key player the season before for Fleetwood.  He's more than goals, so don't just go by Wikipedia stats.

Going to be an interesting summer.  Difficult to know what the score is until we see retained lists and OOCs.

After watching Taylor Moore get bullied by Luke Varney in the 23s I thought he was a long way from our 1st team. 

Very impressed with some of our 23s that I've watched this season. 

I like Scowen and also read on Barnsley retained list that he has declined a contract.

very interesting summer coming up

Just now, Davefevs said:

He will need to become stronger, but he coped well against Hull in the game I saw him at CB.  The other bits and pieces were RB.

I think personally we need to get rid before we buy, id be looking to offload ' Litts, Wright, Geiffer, GON, Wilbs, Tomlin 

People can't believe I don't like Wright but personally and statistically he hasn't improved our defence.

All the others are surplus or too old imo 

If I was being brutal, I think I agree with all bar Wright.  I'd add Reid, even though I think he's done alright this season. Add to that Hegeler, Golbourne.

I reckon we could make a profit on Hegeler, who I think is classy but the middle of the park is too quick for him.

Thats my brutal stance.

But I'm not brutal, so some will get my reprieve!

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If I was being brutal, I think I agree with all bar Wright.  I'd add Reid, even though I think he's done alright this season. Add to that Hegeler, Golbourne.

I reckon we could make a profit on Hegeler, who I think is classy but the middle of the park is too quick for him.

Thats my brutal stance.

But I'm not brutal, so some will get my reprieve!

I really don't rate Wright which is strange because he plays the way I do as a CB, would rather keep flint out of the two. 

I think coming to England was a culture shock for Hegelar and he will be stronger for it next year.

Hate to say it but agree about Bobby although again would keep him over Tomlin in my opinion. Far better team player

On 08/05/2017 at 16:28, JamesBCFC said:

I'd like the club to sign a lad from Kingswood, isnt at a club so will be cheap, I'll *cough* I mean he will take lower wages than most Championship players and you can guarentee 100% commitment in every game, dead rubber or not. 

He's only 21 so has room to improve too and fits in with the 5 pillars.

His first name is James. Sign him up LJ

2 and a half days on, still no contact from BCFC. Johnson out.

Just now, Bs4Red said:

I really don't rate Wright which is strange because he plays the way I do as a CB, would rather keep flint out of the two. 

I think coming to England was a culture shock for Hegelar and he will be stronger for it next year.

Hate to say it but agree about Bobby although again would keep him over Tomlin in my opinion. Far better team player

I was a CB too, could do with melding the strengths of both players together!

I'd keep with Bobby too.  My thoughts on Tomlin are well documented.  Shame - he could've become an absolute legend here, but he spoiled the transition from loanee to permie.

Would like to think Hegeler can adapt.  Would be a huge asset for us if he can.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I was a CB too, could do with melding the strengths of both players together!

I'd keep with Bobby too.  My thoughts on Tomlin are well documented.  Shame - he could've become an absolute legend here, but he spoiled the transition from loanee to permie.

Would like to think Hegeler can adapt.  Would be a huge asset for us if he can.

Another potential player who's I've seen 5/6 times this year who could come into our midfield with Jackson Irvine at Burton, thought he was excellent every time I seen him, tall and strong and box to box. Certainly wouldn't look out of place for us

Just now, Bs4Red said:

Another potential player who's I've seen 5/6 times this year who could come into our midfield with Jackson Irvine at Burton, thought he was excellent every time I seen him, tall and strong and box to box. Certainly wouldn't look out of place for us

Absolutely.  Isn't he an Aussie?  He'd be a very non-City signing, but I see that as a plus!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Absolutely.  Isn't he an Aussie?  He'd be a very non-City signing, but I see that as a plus!

Just checked and yes he is, although has caps for Scotland at U19 level. 

At 24 would fit into the pillars too and for me can only get better. Certainly think he'd be a player City should look at

On 09/05/2017 at 01:02, grubby said:

We had his grandad, who won £125k when Harry made his Wales debut, in our pub a few weeks ago, Harry wanted to go out on loan but klopp won't let him as he sees him in the first team squad soon. 

Yup, Klopp has said before he prefers to keep them around to get acclimated with the play style. 

Archived