IGNORED

New home kit (Merged)

SecretSam

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Imagine liking it....and thinking it looks like the old (doubled up stripes) Hireite kit.....which it doesn't to me...

Your entitled to your opinion, Although I struggle to see why you dislike the shirt.

You'll find yourself in a very small minority who dislike it, judging by the comments on here and social media.

Each to there own though.

2 hours ago, RightUpInCider said:

The badge positioning on the original was ok - why have they screwed it up this time?

IMG_0847.JPG

The first four 'Hirerite' kits didn't have pinstripes (1982 - 1986) - we've actually had eight 'Hirerite' kits and only three of them had pinstripes on - one with single pinstripes that was only used for four months and two with doubled up stripes...

13 minutes ago, Redfield red said:

Apologies if it's already been stated, but anyone know when the new kits on sale?

Just says this on the main article on the website 'To find out how to be the first to get your hands on the new home shirt, like Diédhiou, head back to bcfc.co.uk on Friday!'

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The first four 'Hirerite' kits didn't have pinstripes (1982 - 1986) - we've actually had eight 'Hirerite' kits and only three of them had pinstripes on - one with single pinstripes that was only used for four months and two with doubled up stripes...

Interesting point about that kit in the David Moyes picture above only being used for a few months - from what I remember it was a stop-gap because there was some sort of problem with the supplier for the actual kit (the one with the white band across the front).

I thought the kits with the doubled up stripes in the seasons from 1988 to 1990 were the same, apart from the Hirerite writing changing from black to white. I can't recall another pinstriped City kit.

As for the new shirt I'm quite happy with it, although if the club is going down the 1980s retro route I would rather have a design like the 1986 Wembley kit.

I like it. Can take or leave the pin stripes but like the shade and design generally. It still won't stop me getting an away shirt for the fourth year running. Though if they come down in price later in the season I may pick one up. Certainly won't be after the training gear though, car crash stuff.

Archived