IGNORED

New home kit (Merged)

SecretSam

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

Mmmmm ... matching red trainers would be nice.

That is the conclusion I'm coming to!

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

old.jpg

Ha, every day I get a little more Abe.....

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Oh come on Woodsy,  your attitude is 'so last year',  get yourself a tat and a bushy beard and tash - get down with 'the now' man.  Bet you've no idea how to colour coordinate fluorescent shoe laces either... dinosaur! (went black and never went back I reckon) :) 

Got the tat, got the beard - I just can't be talking about how a collar overpowers a football shirt. Although, remember the Centernary shirt? I cut the collar off that one as soon as I bought it. But that was because it looked like dog shite (and it absolutely overpowered the shirt!)

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Got the tat, got the beard - I just can't be talking about how a collar overpowers a football shirt. Although, remember the Centernary shirt? I cut the collar off that one as soon as I bought it. But that was because it looked like dog shite (and it absolutely overpowered the shirt!)

I loved that shirt at the time (maybe the first new kit I had??) 

Saw some old photos a few weeks back of me and my brother wearing them and thought 'bugger me that collar really overpowers the shirt' or words to that effect. 

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I loved that shirt at the time (maybe the first new kit I had??) 

Saw some old photos a few weeks back of me and my brother wearing them and thought 'bugger me that collar really overpowers the shirt' or words to that effect. 

Ha, it really did though! Fashion wasn't invented at the time, I presume

4 hours ago, Woodsy said:

You fiend. That was a great shirt (and collar).

9 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Oh my - people of OTIB, we have hit a new low

Are you my wife? That is the kind of comment she would make!

I know what you mean, but can we have a more 'manly' description next time please? My initial thought was 'meh, looks ok. Apart from the collar. That looks proper dog shite'

I can see a new kit sub forum, with a fashion sub forum attached to it as well. Maybe some mention of which trainers / jeans are ok to go with this shade of red

I was asked to explain why I didn't like it. Instead of just saying it's dog shite I decided to explain how the shirt could of been improved... in future I will stick to looks dog shite...

8 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

You fiend. That was a great shirt (and collar).

You must have been very young at the time. I'll let you off about the collar comment

Shirt was brilliant. If only we didn't have that collar that overpowered it...!!

12 hours ago, Woodsy said:

You must have been very young at the time. I'll let you off about the collar comment

Shirt was brilliant. If only we didn't have that collar that overpowered it...!!

That collar was lovely. The only overpowering feature was the gigantic badge.

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

That collar was lovely. The only overpowering feature was the gigantic badge.

Yeah, that was ******* mahoosive too. But that was the fashion back then. I didn't mind the badge, but those collars #overpowering

Anybody able to advise me if the size 5yr mini-kits are proper shirts or dumbed-down versions?

i.e some brands make their mini kits with printed badges (rather then embroidered) and different collers etc

As an exile I can't get to the shop, so all I'm left with is an online order without any pictures to reference against!

35 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

Anybody able to advise me if the size 5yr mini-kits are proper shirts or dumbed-down versions?

i.e some brands make their mini kits with printed badges (rather then embroidered) and different collers etc

As an exile I can't get to the shop, so all I'm left with is an online order without any pictures to reference against!

Shout if you want me to pop down there and try and take some pics. Or maybe @AdamB can tell you. 

13 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Shout if you want me to pop down there and try and take some pics. Or maybe @AdamB can tell you. 

Thanks Dolls, that would be very kind of you, but next time you're down there, please don't go making any special trips for me, it shouldn't be you making up for the clubs basic failings that happen time after time.

When I bought his England kit last year, the 'mini-kit' made by Nike has a two tier threshold. 3-4yrs and larger are sold as a 'younger kids' mini-kit which is a proper replica kit. Anything smaller (up to 2-3yrs) is sold as a 'baby & toddler' mini-kit which has a different collar/design and printed badges. With that in mind I made sure I got the 3-4yr for him. 

it probably sounds a bit silly, but I don't want him to have something that's a compromise. As said, with no pictures, it's hard to judge, and I can't be bothered with the faff of sending things back if it's not right.

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

@kmpowell I'm happy to go, live like 5 mins away.  I'd just rather know the stock was in the store before I went :) 

Thanks @Dollymarie I emailed the club shop to see if they could answer, and a chap called Ryan emailed back confirming that all mini-kits are the inferior printed/redesigned version. If I want a 'proper' shirt then I have to buy a 6yr old youth size which he said is a 5-6yr. 

Jasper is 4 in October this year, so I'm thinking it might be too big. :(

On 6/29/2017 at 21:04, BigTone said:

Can't go past these really

ROS01-9000.png

Worn with a nice pair of Clark's open toed  sandals, to complete the look.

50 minutes ago, BigTone said:

There's always one !!!!

46 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Weirdo!

Just to make clear, this is not a look I favour, but if we are talking the naffest look possible.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Methinks thou doth protest too much!

:) but am pleased to say this is not the case.

Sandels with short socks is an absolute no no. With white socks is the absolutest no no.

Archived