IGNORED

New home kit (Merged)

SecretSam

5 hours ago, Offside said:

Interesting point about that kit in the David Moyes picture above only being used for a few months - from what I remember it was a stop-gap because there was some sort of problem with the supplier for the actual kit (the one with the white band across the front).

I thought the kits with the doubled up stripes in the seasons from 1988 to 1990 were the same, apart from the Hirerite writing changing from black to white. I can't recall another pinstriped City kit.

As for the new shirt I'm quite happy with it, although if the club is going down the 1980s retro route I would rather have a design like the 1986 Wembley kit.

I have a vague recollection that one of the badges was embroidered on and the other was a crappy plastic effort that broke in time?

20 hours ago, Super said:

Image result for liverpool 1984 football league kit

So 18 league clubs wear red (excluding Cardiff). Over the last 25 years, each has had 25 kit designs. Many other clubs have had red away kits. Then there is Scottish clubs, european clubs and National kits. Multiply that lot together and you get a whopping number of red kit designs.

So the chances of landing on a unique red design fall somewhere between bugger all chance and nil.

Hashtags however was one of a kind....

11 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

After the glorious season/kit of 89/90 we started 90/91 with a new sponsor AND a foray into the grave new world of weird kits, hence the home "splodgy" kit and away top of yellow with green lines; both sponsored IIRC by Thorn Security. 

And not forgetting the Spiderman kit around that time, also sponsored by thorn security if I remember correctly

Classy IMO. Certainly a step in the right direction. 

What does annoy me is when the home and away kits are different styles (i.e. collar, sleeve tips etc). Should be the exact same kit but with different colour scheme IMO.

Would rather the purple and lime was done in the same styling as the home shirt. 

Also why are we back to a normal colour badge on the home kit and the 'one colour' version still persists on the away?

We need to make our minds up about exactly what our 'identity' is and nail it down. 

Earlier in the season we were asked by the club for thoughts on the forthcoming season kit. I replied to suggest something along the lines of the 80s hireite kits with the stripes as this would offer a bit of variety from recent kits and would provide a bit of nostalgia to when I first started watching city. I have to say therefore I am delighted with the new kit and will definitely be getting one. I also would like to think that a) others voted for something similar on the poll and b) that the club listened

19 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Love it or hate it .. you better make the most of it this year...

...The fabric design for 18/19 has been decided already, they're just working on the finer details of the final look. Sneak preview below...

il_fullxfull.224388486.jpg

Don't mind a bit of paisley myself.

4 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

So 18 league clubs wear red (excluding Cardiff). Over the last 25 years, each has had 25 kit designs. Many other clubs have had red away kits. Then there is Scottish clubs, european clubs and National kits. Multiply that lot together and you get a whopping number of red kit designs.

So the chances of landing on a unique red design fall somewhere between bugger all chance and nil.

Hashtags however was one of a kind....

Until next year when we run out in our Red & White Paisley (see previous post for example swatch) - have I inadvertently stumbled upon a winner? ... surely unique :) 

22 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Love it or hate it .. you better make the most of it this year...

...The fabric design for 18/19 has been decided already, they're just working on the finer details of the final look. Sneak preview below...

il_fullxfull.224388486.jpg

I'd love a shirt like that!  Not for footie, mind...

17 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

Least the collar on the forest one doesn't over power the shirt and as someone else stated they've put the stripes in the right place just by using the middle of the shirt as the starting point 

Oh my - people of OTIB, we have hit a new low

Are you my wife? That is the kind of comment she would make!

I know what you mean, but can we have a more 'manly' description next time please? My initial thought was 'meh, looks ok. Apart from the collar. That looks proper dog shite'

I can see a new kit sub forum, with a fashion sub forum attached to it as well. Maybe some mention of which trainers / jeans are ok to go with this shade of red

11 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I know what you mean, but can we have a more 'manly' description next time please? My initial thought was 'meh, looks ok. Apart from the collar. That looks proper dog shite'

I can see a new kit sub forum, with a fashion sub forum attached to it as well. Maybe some mention of which trainers / jeans are ok to go with this shade of red

Mmmmm ... matching red trainers would be nice.

13 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

old.jpg

22 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Oh come on Woodsy,  your attitude is 'so last year',  get yourself a tat and a bushy beard and tash - get down with 'the now' man.  Bet you've no idea how to colour coordinate fluorescent shoe laces either... dinosaur! (went black and never went back I reckon) :) 

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Maybe, in the interests of seeking 'uniqueness' in red/white shirt design, the time has come for the club to bring in @BigTone as consultant Bent Banani expert...?  (no two shirts would be 'exactly' same though, but would that be a problem?)

Not all are unique and I can organise a 40% discount on this one

BBAJUNE16_24_345x345@2x.jpg

6 hours ago, WSMRobin said:

Earlier in the season we were asked by the club for thoughts on the forthcoming season kit. I replied to suggest something along the lines of the 80s hireite kits with the stripes as this would offer a bit of variety from recent kits and would provide a bit of nostalgia to when I first started watching city. I have to say therefore I am delighted with the new kit and will definitely be getting one. I also would like to think that a) others voted for something similar on the poll and b) that the club listened

I replied with exactly the same suggestions. 

Like the new kit a lot. 

Archived