IGNORED

Yesterdays Income

We saw yesterday just how much money can be generated by putting bums on seats at a reasonable price. The food and drink outlets must have taken a small fortune with that amount of people in the ground. A friend came for the first time and we were discussing today how much money was spent by people when they were in or around the ground, between the three of us we spent £32 and I expect s lot of people on here spent an awful lot more than us. Would be interesting to know just how much money was generated from that one match alone.

Was thinking the same. Full house, everybody drinking( either alcohol or hot drinks), food and even shop was packed with special offers . 

I'm one of the converted, always used to drink in ship and castle and rising sun. But since the concourse in dolman has nice cider at the same price with sky TV and a toilet close by there's no competition . Luckily my mates and family do the same so it's the same atmosphere as being in pub! 

For every person buying 2 or 3 pints and a pie etc there is people who bring their own drinks etc or go without.

People with lots of kids are liable to spend a lot less average.

I think about £7 per person would be a decent average giving about £180k less about - what 50% in salaries and goods for the people directly involved - presume tickets cover all the other overheads involved.

So £90k profit sound too high or too low purely on selling related  outlets ?

15 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

On a regular basis would be possible, say once a month, given that season ticket holders get priority to buy tickets even cheaper

Yes but they already got them or am I missing something?

If they did this offer once a month then I would expect my season ticket price to come down as that is reducing my saving.

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yes but they already got them or am I missing something?

If they did this offer once a month then I would expect my season ticket price to come down as that is reducing my saving.

An extra ticket (elsewhere) for family/friends close to for free.

Or two extra tickets so they can sit together.  

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Also wondering if the new stadium and facilites has had a effect on the local pubs?? 

It doesn't seem to have had an effect on The Rising Sun from what I see still heaving on match days, also people are creatures of habit on match days.

36 quid and we wont put too many bums on seats, 15 quid and we pack the ground.  Must be an oprimum price in between, say £25.

Depends a lot on how well we are doing and ST prices would need adjusting.

2 of us currently have to pay 70 to 80 quid to watch a game so dont go nearly as often as we would like to and its an awful lot to watch 2nd tier football.

Also, should lower thw price for the front 3 or 4 rows as you cant really see much from there.

When I started going to the gate it was 5 bob for adults and half a crown for kids (thats 25p and 12 1/2p in feet and inches).  Im sure general inflation hasnt been that bad.

59 minutes ago, Neo said:

For every person buying 2 or 3 pints and a pie etc there is people who bring their own drinks etc or go without.

People with lots of kids are liable to spend a lot less average.

I think about £7 per person would be a decent average giving about £180k less about - what 50% in salaries and goods for the people directly involved - presume tickets cover all the other overheads involved.

So £90k profit sound too high or too low purely on selling related  outlets ?

People with kids spend less... Ha, are you sure about that?!

Interesting thread. In terms of pure revenue generation I guess the club has to find the optimum between a higher ticket price and a smaller crowd v a cheaper ticket and a bigger crowd spending more in the ground.

I'm not sure £41 standard price in the Lansdown is the answer, but neither I suspect is £15 every game. I wonder how many fewer would have bought at £20, then £25, etc.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Bigger crowds should be equal to more people in local pubs as people avoid plastic stadiums as long as they can 

Ashton gate is far from plastic! 

Everything on Sunday was premier league except from the performance! 

Club couldn't have done more on Sunday to make fans happy.

Plastic it is not! 

3 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

I know yesterday was exceptional due to the opposition and the possible problems, but I should imagine there was very little profit after the police bill was paid?

You only pay for police who step foot inside the stadium. But yes yesterday's would have been higher than normal? 

But then the attendance was also higher than normal. Also many like myself got to the ground extra early to avoid traffic chaos and ended up spending more than usual. 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Ashton gate is far from plastic! 

Everything on Sunday was premier league except from the performance! 

Club couldn't have done more on Sunday to make fans happy.

Plastic it is not! 

Premier league is pretty plastic and compared to the Lions Miners Masonic Colliers AG is definitely not comparable. However lots of people prefer the AG experience and fair play to them. I prefer supporting local non billionaire businessmen and I daresay the club is content whichever way you swing.

16 minutes ago, Spoons said:

£20 is plenty!! 

Think that would be a good balance for club and fans?

The counter argument against this is that the Newcastle and Villa games sold out at full price. Whilst I think those prices are too much, it's difficult to argue with the economics when that happens. Perhaps the answer is to make a bigger distinction in price between the most and least attractive fixtures.

24 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

People with kids spend less... Ha, are you sure about that?!

In general. For every dad who buys a coke and a large bag of crisps for a kid or two there are those who bring a bottle of water and crisps, sandwich whatever and spend nothing at the ground in the kids.

Put it this way - there is no way an average of £7 per child is being spent.

And whilst some adults have no pints, some will have 4 and adults will bring the AVERAGE price up more than kids.

So back to your question - yes - I am very sure !! How else would you explain more alcohol outlets than snack outlets ?

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

You only pay for police who step foot inside the stadium. But yes yesterday's would have been higher than normal? 

But then the attendance was also higher than normal. Also many like myself got to the ground extra early to avoid traffic chaos and ended up spending more than usual. 

At the end of the game there were hundreds of police in the Ground! 

Just now, Neo said:

In general. For every dad who buys a coke and a large bag of crisps flr a kid or two there are those who bring a bottle of water and crisps, sandwich whateverans spend nothing.

Put it this way - there is no way an average of £7 per child is being spent.

And whilst some adults have no pints, some will have 4 and adults will bring the AVERAGE price up more than kids.

So back to your question - yes - I am very sure !!

My kids cost me a god dam fortune... Their 9 and 13 both have huge appetites! Oh and last time I bloody looked a coke is almost as expensive as a beer!!

Archived