IGNORED

Genuinely Concerned

Suffolk Red

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What would you say is his best position?

LB suits him fine. He's got great energy, aggression and pace. Sometimes his positional sense could be better but that would come with time and experienced. The pace/energy side tends to make up for positional matters. He's also surprisingly good in the air, which is also advantageous as a lot of teams like to play their bigger striker off the full back.

Along with being good in the air, he can win the ball and is a quality crosser. Playing with Pato on the left looks as good as we've had for many years.

I don't think it suits him at all, and crucially he hasn't looked at all happy there - both football wise and demeanour.

I think he's better, and more suited, further up the field - he's a player who needs to be involved or he can drift out of the game and look trepidatious when the ball eventually comes to him.

I agree about his quality crossing but as the season went on even that went to pot, imo. largely because his overall game had suffered, and his confidence with it.

Managed properly, and not cemented in LJ's mind as a LB, there's a very good player in there and if he moves on I doubt very much another club will play him in that position.

At the moment he's another stagnating at AG, if not going backwards. A change of club, a change of manager, and if neither of those, a rethink of his best position required for JB to fulfil his potential.

Just now, Robbored said:

Wild speculation Super, unless you have a crystal ball of course.

Wild speculation is the staple diet for OTIB RR.

4 hours ago, Super said:

I think most are concerned that we will be going into next season under Johnson.

Most had that with cotterll before we won the league,

10 games or when the window shuts is when to be concerned 

5 hours ago, Suffolk Red said:

With Tammy gone and Flint Bryan and Brownhill the subject of interest from bigger clubs, I am concerned about our prospects next season.

Can a MLS full back and a league one centre back really step into the shoes of proven Championship players and where are we going to find Tammy's replacement?

Not panicking just yet but starting to get a bit concerned.

Tammy is gone this is all, the rest is just speculation until the deals are done.

I don't feel as worried about the defence as most it seems. Aye we'll probably lose Flint, but Bryan has struggled at LB so Kemar Lawrence may well be an upgrade. We released Little so clearly an improvement is being lined up there, and BW has been a quality centre half for us with proven Championship credentials. Then consider we already have Mags, Hegeler and Moore plus will sign a new CB to replace Flint, potentially Bolger, and I don't think our defence will be bad by any means. 

56 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Most had that with cotterll before we won the league,

10 games or when the window shuts is when to be concerned 

I'm interested as to why people think next season will be any different though?

I'm staggered that so many people are selecting teams for the future like Flint has gone. He's still our player. Yes he could move, but equally he could stay. Didn't we have similar speculation this time last year and he went on to play every minute in every game.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm staggered that so many people are selecting teams for the future like Flint has gone. He's still our player. Yes he could move, but equally he could stay. Didn't we have similar speculation this time last year and he went on to play every minute in every game.

Surely he's more likely to move than most, he's got suitors with more financial clout than us, suitors who are historically a bigger club than us and most importantly suitors with a more realistic chance of progression and possibly achieving something more than just survival, which imho would sadly be an achievement given how the championship seems to get better season after season.

Just now, Robbored said:

Because they are more broad minded and are able to write more than one sentence.

Hate to point out RR that you've just used only one sentence .

Those of us that are broad minded make sure we don't fall into that trap. :whistle: ;) :)

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Hate to point out RR that you've just used only one sentence .

Those of us that are broad minded make sure we don't fall into that trap. :whistle: ;) :)

True - but that's a rare event from me. Just making a point that has irritated me for ages.

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

True - but that's a rare event from me. Just making a point that has irritated me for ages.

I know that.

It was just an open goal that I had to finish off.

5 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

No it's not ,weve lost a great sticker and the manager in many city fans eyes us not up to the job when there are many better out there

Don't worry @NTTDS started a thread telling you how you can get many more stickers.

26 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

No it's not ,weve lost a great sticker and the manager in many city fans eyes us not up to the job when there are many better out there

Can't help with the stickers (haven't collected them in many years) but I can tell you that "many City fans eyes" have been known to be wrong on many occasions in the past, so I wouldn't worry about that too much if I were you.

32 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Don't you hate it when you think you've completed the album, but have one sticker in the book remaining? Or in your case; you had it and lost it?!

I know how you feel.

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

If Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley and Brighton are in the Prem then we should be targeting promotion. 

Yes, but so should Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Fulham, Aston Villa, Norwich City, Sunderland, Middlesborough, Birmingham City, Wolves, and more, some that are actually in leagues below us. We can "target" what we like, but we have strong competition.

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, but so should Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Fulham, Aston Villa, Norwich City, Sunderland, Middlesborough, Birmingham City, Wolves, and more, some that are actually in leagues below us. We can "target" what we like, but we have strong competition.

Don't be so realistic PSR............:crying:

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

If Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley and Brighton are in the Prem then we should be targeting promotion. 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Bang on, PSR

For every Huddersfield, there is a Leeds etc etc

I hate it when people say 'if Burnley are up there, so should we', football doesn't work like that, and that's why we love it (and hate it!) so much. Absolutely we should target being there, but so should every club in the Championship

Don't forget even the Manchester United of Div 4 were a non league club not so long back. Oh, how they looked at Hartlepool United and thought to themselves 'if they can be a Div 4 club, so can we'

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

....the fact that City managed to secure Tammy from Chelsea with competition from other clubs says a lot about how good MA and LJs persuasion skills are.

I will be interested to see if we do manage to get any more promising youngsters on loan from the big prem teams. No doubt Chelsea will get the inside story from Tammy about what really went on behind the scenes last season.

I suspect LJ's reputation may have been dented by last season's horror run. His rep now is more 'lucky not to be sacked' than 'top young coach'. Tammy's opinion will no doubt be important in affecting Chelsea's view on loaning us more players. If we don't get any I would say that tells a story.

Plus LJ started last season in a very strong position so we probably looked like a stable setup to loan a youngster into. Now he looks vulnerable if we start badly. That might make it less attractive too.

Archived