IGNORED

Aaron Wilbraham

Dolman Block B

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Most people were saying Wigan .

I hope he doesn't go to Blackpool , he's way to honest for that club .

But can Wigan offer a family season ticket to the Pleasure Beach? Could be a deal breaker. 

11 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Why?

Family live in Walsall

Really? Wasn't he quoted as saying he would be back in / around Manchester if he could?

Maybe they are in Walsall at the moment but planning on going further north at the earliest opportunity

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Really? Wasn't he quoted as saying he would be back in / around Manchester if he could?

Maybe they are in Walsall at the moment but planning on going further north at the earliest opportunity

Yeah I was next to him on a train back from Birmingham last year, he came back down the day after and was talking to him about several things. Very nice bloke, really down to earth. 

Real gent but reality is he would probably not get near the pitch next season if Deidhiou, Taylor, Duric and Engvall all fit. He could certainly do a job in League 1 and whoever gets him will have a top pro. All the best Wilbs and thanks for 3 great seasons. 

14 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Yeah I was next to him on a train back from Birmingham last year, he came back down the day after and was talking to him about several things. Very nice bloke, really down to earth. 

Guess Walsall is pretty central in terms of being at the back end of your career and maybe only getting 12 month contracts

The last bit doesn't surprise me. Remember the vitriol on here when he signed. Been worth every penny

15 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

If he does go we will need to sign an experience striker. The ones we have don't have much experience in the championship. If any. 

I don't see any need for us to have an 'old pro' at the club just for that purpose.

The majority of players we have here now have had a couple of seasons at Championship level & have aged & gained experience in the process.

We have GO'N as an 'old head' & any aging striker we sign is going to have to be better than what we already have here & I just don't see that as being financially viable because unless we're talking of someone of similar stature to JT (as a defensive equivalent), they are unlikely to get game time.

We should have enough experience amongst our squad now, to not need aging players who are after one final pay day.

I would much prefer us to go with what we have Diedhiou, Djuric, Taylor & Engvall & if needs be, get a loan striker in who has pace to burn. That would then in theory give us all types of strikers at the club. Djuric-Target Man, Diedhiou-Complete Striker, Taylor-Link up Man, Engvall-Unknown quantity & loan player-With plenty of pace.

31 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

If he does go we will need to sign an experience striker. The ones we have don't have much experience in the championship. If any. 

Surely you didn't think Wilbs would be playing much even if he stays.

I still think he has a big part to play if he stays. A great player to bring on to help close out games. His hold up play is good and he is good in both boxes.  This sort of experience is priceless. The jury is still out on duric. Matty Taylor has very limited experience at this level. Who knows about the new guy he might well be the man. Never heard of him.to be honest. Let's face it we got lucky with tammy.what a miss he is going to be. Good luck to him if he goes to Swansea but I think another season with us would benefit him more. But Chelsea know what's best for him. 

48 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I don't see any need for us to have an 'old pro' at the club just for that purpose.

The majority of players we have here now have had a couple of seasons at Championship level & have aged & gained experience in the process.

We have GO'N as an 'old head' & any aging striker we sign is going to have to be better than what we already have here & I just don't see that as being financially viable because unless we're talking of someone of similar stature to JT (as a defensive equivalent), they are unlikely to get game time.

We should have enough experience amongst our squad now, to not need aging players who are after one final pay day.

I would much prefer us to go with what we have Diedhiou, Djuric, Taylor & Engvall & if needs be, get a loan striker in who has pace to burn. That would then in theory give us all types of strikers at the club. Djuric-Target Man, Diedhiou-Complete Striker, Taylor-Link up Man, Engvall-Unknown quantity & loan player-With plenty of pace.

If those four are what we go with were Gona' really struggle-and that's even 'if' Gus shows up for work...

Need another striker in.

4 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

If those four are what we go with were Gona' really struggle-and that's even 'if' Gus shows up for work...

Need another striker in.

Really, a fifth striker?  Why?  Fair enough if Engvall is given the push, but if not then surely he has to be in the reckoning.  With McCoulskey as back-up, it's hard to see the need for yet another striker.

3 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Need another striker in.

But not another 'old player' for 'old player' sake. As I suggested I'd go with someone who has 'pace to burn' to compliment those we already have here.

Just now, Woodsy said:

I may be on my own here, but I think Djuric and Taylor could work well

Our next Taylor and Turner. God, if they turn out to be 50% of what those two were we'd be doing ok

I think this season could be a big one for Djuric, he certainly seems to have all the attributes to be a decent 'target man' & if Diedhiou is as promising as we all hope he is, we could have two real power houses up front for us this season.

And hopefully with a full pre-season under their belts & with Djuric now having an idea as to what to expect at this level of football, he will adapt his game accordingly.

We should definitely give opposition defences more to think about rather than them just having to worry about Tammy like they did last season & that could also open up space for others.

34 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I may be on my own here, but I think Djuric and Taylor could work well

Our next Taylor and Turner. God, if they turn out to be 50% of what those two were we'd be doing ok

With 2 goals in 15 games and 1 in 11 respectively, more like Turner and Turner.

The only thing Taylor has in common with Super Bob is his surname.

The new guy is an automatic choice, those two are competing to either partner him or be on the bench. They won't be our first choice partnership.

If Wilbs goes this week I still expect another one to arrive, unless the Engvall situation totally changes.

30 minutes ago, cynic said:

Engvall doesn't seem to want to be here 

29 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

And hopefully with a full pre-season under their belts & with Djuric now having an idea as to what to expect at this level of football, he will adapt his game accordingly.

Two key points for me. Agree about Engvall, we're obviously not for him, which is a shame after quite a hefty outlay

Djuric, had 6 months, pre season with the lads, another Italian speaker onboard as well....I reckon he's going to be a key player this season

Looking forward to watch FD cause some havoc as well

Quite exciting

Archived