IGNORED

LJ speaks..

ColeCiderRed

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I meant how can one rule apply to one and not another?

If Tomlin was being expected to move here, then why wasn't he?

Still not sure about this injury stuff with him to be honest and would not be at all surprised if he is back up "that London" by August 31st...

He was expected to as well. Like RedM says expected him to move on as well. Although I do belive he has a flat here now..

Jeez, I really don't get the problem with selling Tomlin?

He was not at his best last season, we tended to look a better "team" without him. His social media antics don't help anyone and he was obviously happy to move. Not to mention the fact that LJ is just 1 of I don't know how many managers that hasn't managed to work with and get the best out of Tomlin. The reoccurring theme isn't LJ.

Win win, surely? We've freed up some of the wage bill and got some more scope to add a player or 2.

1 minute ago, Kibs said:

Jeez, I really don't get the problem with selling Tomlin?

He was not at his best last season, we tended to look a better "team" without him. His social media antics don't help anyone and he was obviously happy to move. Not to mention the fact that LJ is just 1 of I don't know how many managers that hasn't managed to work with and get the best out of Tomlin. The reoccurring theme isn't LJ.

Win win, surely? We've freed up some of the wage bill and got some more scope to add a player or 2.

But wasn`t he the greatest player since Pele and he only left because LJ is Satan`s child and the club is run like something out of a Keystone Cops movie?

Just now, Shtanley said:

If he said all that then nobody would pay £2.9m cause it would be obvious we wanted to ship him.

No, the statement made was that we wanted to build a team around Tomlin. How is that obvious we want to ship him ?

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

No, the statement made was that we wanted to build a team around Tomlin. How is that obvious we want to ship him ?

If he had said a month ago that Tomlin doesn't fit the culture of the club everybody would've known we were trying to sell him is my point

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Quite frankly I take anything our Head Coach says with a grain of salt. If there was a clause in Tomlin's contract stating he must move closer then why didn't the club enforce this ?  Also, as Petehinton says surely he was doing the same last season. More bullshit from LJ I think to try and justify his decision.

Johnson Out

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

If he had said a month ago that Tomlin doesn't fit the culture of the club everybody would've known we were trying to sell him is my point

And we wouldn't have recouped as much as we have done when selling him

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm sure he would have loved to build the team around Tomlin ideally, he's very talented.

It didn't work out and he wasn't at his best, we received a good offer and freed up a massive chunk of the wage bill. Not really sure how LJ can be seen as dishonest for that. 

I work in Bristol therefore i live in Bristol. If i got work in Timbucktoo then id move to within easy commuting distance simples!. Otherwise id appreciate my employer asking questions about my availability or reliability?. Hes gone to Cardiff where its negligible or even more commute each day. If the reason why he went is due to commute issues then we are either being taken as idiots or LJ is spouting frogspawn.

For what its worth. 2.9m in the till cheers. LT ta ta. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

We weren't necessarily trying to sell him though - Cardiff were going to take him on loan but we wanted a 'sizeable loan fee' so decided to buy him instead ((Applaud the club re big loan fee personally)

Just now, BigTone said:

A month ago or now. Our Head Coach is a public relations nightmare.

I agree that sometimes he needs to be more like a politician and simply avoid answering questions because a couple of times it's come to make him look a tad silly. Personally I feel people are overreacting, I find him much more easier to listen to than the average used car salesman-esque manager. 

If it hadn't been our 2nd fav team and a manager who (love him or loathe him) has a great track record at this level, plus who compared Tomlin to Tarrabt who played a massive part getting QPR promoted, would it be less of an issue?

or to put it another way, if he'd joined say Norwich, would've anybody be as bothered?

not trying to stir, just interested......

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm sure he would have loved to build the team around Tomlin ideally, he's very talented.

It didn't work out and he wasn't at his best, we received a good offer and freed up a massive chunk of the wage bill. Not really sure how LJ can be seen as dishonest for that. 

Not sure it's the Tomlin pieces that are the only issue tho PF (Though the joke of Tomkins staged interview and LJs statements at the time were laughable(

Its just another thing he didn't need to say after numerous crap that's been spouted before - Europe , Joe Bryan , Bobby Reid , Patterson etc etc

without speaking on @BigTones behalf , it's the regular bull that comes out that starts to become nauseating

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We weren't necessarily trying to sell him though - Cardiff were going to take him on loan but we wanted a 'sizeable loan fee' so decided to buy him instead ((Applaud the club re big loan fee personally)

Imo we were always going to try to sell him after what happened. The sizeable loan fee was simply a hint to Cardiff that they may as well buy him rather than loan. LJ tried his best to keep everything in house and play it down. Then we managed to secure a deal and sell our most "talented" player. I don't see why everyone's up in arms about LJ's handling of the situation. 

He even had a dig at Tomlin when he left.

I think LJ won't put up with people not trying or players thinking about forcing a move elsewhere. As soon as Kodjia hinted at Scunthorpe we sold him, same with Freeman, Paterson dropped when he wasn't deemed to have been working hard enough (even Paterson admitted this in an interview and that it made him realise what he needed to do in future) and now Tomlin being sold instead of loaned. 

As far as I'm concerned Tomlin is gone - there is no need for the pantomime to carry on. He has freed up a large amount of wages which can be better spent bolstering key areas.

I thought the most interesting part of the video is when Johnson was asked about which players would be going to Tenerife - he started to answer, paused and then 'checked'. I may be reading too much between the lines but it sounds as though there could be new faces imminently, maybe before they depart or possibly joining as trialists in Tenerife.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure it's the Tomlin pieces that are the only issue tho PF (Though the joke of Tomkins staged interview and LJs statements at the time were laughable(

Its just another thing he didn't need to say after numerous crap that's been spouted before - Europe , Joe Bryan , Bobby Reid , Patterson etc etc

without speaking on @BigTones behalf , it's the regular bull that comes out that starts to become nauseating

I don't see it as bull I just think he says what he thinks and he needs a filter in his head. He needs to learn when to keep his personal ideas or hopes under wraps.

Archived