IGNORED

Striker

Buster

16 minutes ago, Buster said:

In my opinion we need to sign a championship proven striker to partner Farmma up top 

I agree

a more natural finisher would have scored when Bobby missed in the second half (One on One)...and maybe would have done better with the opportunity in the last couple of minutes.

I also think a more natural finisher would make more runs in the box...there was a phase of play in the first half where Diedhiou put the ball across. A natural striker would have been making a run to the near post and creating an opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It's a tough call looking at our strikers. Surely Famara, Reid, Taylor, Đurić and Hinds is enough but none have done it at this level yet. I think I'd be happy with no new acquisitions tbh. 

None are proven at this level and I agree a proven striker in the Wilbs mould would help the newbies through, even on a short contract

2 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

I agree

a more natural finisher would have scored when Bobby missed in the second half (One on One)...and maybe would have done better with the opportunity in the last couple of minutes.

I also think a more natural finisher would make more runs in the box...there was a phase of play in the first half where Diedhiou put the ball across. A natural striker would have been making a run to the near post and creating an opportunity. 

Matty Taylor will be back soon ....I think he will prove to be a good striker for us

Just now, kevthered said:

Matty Taylor will be back soon ....I think he will prove to be a good striker for us

Maybe. Personally I am not convinced yet...his finishing last year was not up to Championship quality.

We all hope he will prove to be excellent in front of goal and that a pre-season with the squad will help but only time will tell on that front. 

Problem is we might not be able to give him time - the Championship is a very unforgiving league.

He makes some fantastic runs as his movement is excellent; that will help massively as we should create lots of chances.

1 hour ago, WestonRobin said:

Maybe. Personally I am not convinced yet...his finishing last year was not up to Championship quality.

We all hope he will prove to be excellent in front of goal and that a pre-season with the squad will help but only time will tell on that front. 

Problem is we might not be able to give him time - the Championship is a very unforgiving league.

He makes some fantastic runs as his movement is excellent; that will help massively as we should create lots of chances.

He needs time to adapt but he did at least hit the target alot in league one, what did we get today 12 off and 3 on ? I know some disagree but I think he is worth persevering with once fit.

34 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It's a tough call looking at our strikers. Surely Famara, Reid, Taylor, Đurić and Hinds is enough but none have done it at this level yet. I think I'd be happy with no new acquisitions tbh. 

21 shots, 3 on target, I can't help but feel unless things improve these players obviously are not good enough. If you take away Reids first minute goal that is over 90 minutes of football and we only managed to hit the target twice....

We have bobby, taylor and Đurić. It didn't work out today but bobby had 2 or 3 chances he really should've buried. Bobby isn't a natural striker - we deserved to lose. Let bobby start again against Brentford and if taylor or Đurić are fit phase them in, 1 result away after a 3-1 and 5-0 win at home isn't too much to worry about 

Can anyone tell me when Bobby Reid supposedly became a striker? I must have missed that one.

yes, he's scored a couple. He still isn't an effective partner for FD9 though.

I personally don't think he's good enough. The club have shown plenty of patience with him, but he hasn't delivered consistently. I'd love him to prove me wrong, but I'd be surprised if he does.

He came through at the same time as Joe Bryan. There's a world of difference in their progression.

And no, he isn't a young kid anymore.

9 minutes ago, The Ring said:

Can anyone tell me when Bobby Reid supposedly became a striker? I must have missed that one.

yes, he's scored a couple. He still isn't an effective partner for FD9 though.

I personally don't think he's good enough. The club have shown plenty of patience with him, but he hasn't delivered consistently. I'd love him to prove me wrong, but I'd be surprised if he does.

He came through at the same time as Joe Bryan. There's a world of difference in their progression.

And no, he isn't a young kid anymore.

Bit harsh after he's scored 3 in 2 and watching the highlights there I think his positioning is good from a poaching point of view.  His problem has always been making the right decisions with the ball but playing further forward that's a bit easier - mostly shoot. 

He missed a half chance where he hit the post but Diedhiou from Smith's backheel and Patterson were the sitters.

1 hour ago, Buster said:

In my opinion we need to sign a championship proven striker to partner Farmma up top 

100% correct..........we still need a real goalscoring poacher, spend some money, or even a place in the top ten is  unrealistic.  Bobby Reid is a work in progress who will do well to get anywhere near 15 goals

1 hour ago, WestonRobin said:

I agree

You do know how much a natural striker costs?

Tammy missed some sitters too last season, don't remember being beaten with this stick.

He's getting into the right area's. I'm sure with some practice in front of goal, the finesse will come. 

4 goals in 3 games, he's doing well and deserves some more time up there.

Archived