Next 5 League Games

Super

4 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:
  • Fulham (a) - D
  • Cardiff (h) - D
  • Sheffield Wednesday (a) - D
  • Preston (h) - W
  • Hull (a) - L

So after 17 games your saying we will have won 6 drawn 9 and lost 2. Drawing 53% of our league games after 17 matches would have to be record surely :laugh:.

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I'd love to but its warnock and its cardiff, can only see a defeat :(

I can see Cardiff going 0-1 up after 6 mins and then  Feigning head injuries and falling over when touched for the next 84 minutes. If warnocks previous visits to Ashton gate are anything to go by. 

On 30/10/2017 at 18:36, bcfctim said:

Fulham (a) - D

Cardiff (h) - L

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - L

Preston (h) - D

Hull (a) - W

5 pts. Bit negative perhaps, but with some reasonably tricky away trips along with 2 home opponents we're not particularly well suited to or have a good recent record against, I wouldn't say that would be terrible.

We're capable of doing better, but it's not an easy stretch by any means. I'd be surprised and very happy if we get through it unbeaten like some are suggesting

Man up mate, we're gonna win em all.

Johnson is evidently learning fast and has come up against Warnock a couple of times now, I think he might out smart him. Winning the tactical battle will lead us to the win but that's down to the discipline of the players against the inevitable bullshit of a Neil Warnock side. 

We may at be looking at a landmark win the in the season. 

• Admin
On 01/11/2017 at 01:04, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Johnson is evidently learning fast and has come up against Warnock a couple of times now, I think he might out smart him. Winning the tactical battle will lead us to the win but that's down to the discipline of the players against the inevitable bullshit of a Neil Warnock side. 

We may at be looking at a landmark win the in the season. 

Looks like you’re OTIBs answer to Nostradamus. 

So 6 points so far

Fulham (a) - W

Cardiff (h) - W

We’ve got to be confident going to Hillsborough after the international break, but can we win?   Preston at home, should be a Home win, but is the sort of fixture where the Championship throws up a freak result.  Will Hull’s manager last until our game?  Got to hope he does.  I’ll go for 7/9 from the next 3, setting us up for a huge December on Sky Sports Bristol City.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - D

Preston (h) - W

Hull (a) - W

On 11/4/2017 at 16:58, Chris said:

Looks like you’re OTIBs answer to Nostradamus. 

So 6 points so far

Fulham (a) - W

Cardiff (h) - W

We’ve got to be confident going to Hillsborough after the international break, but can we win?   Preston at home, should be a Home win, but is the sort of fixture where the Championship throws up a freak result.  Will Hull’s manager last until our game?  Got to hope he does.  I’ll go for 7/9 from the next 3, setting us up for a huge December on Sky Sports Bristol City.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - D

Preston (h) - W

Hull (a) - W

Have to admit that when I first looked at these 5 I had forgotten about the break.  We've done really well to get 6 from Fulham and Cardiff but I can see us stumbling again once everyone's back, then maybe a morale boosting win away to Hull.  Maybe:

Sheff Wed (a): L

Preston (h): D

Hull (a): W

Would still leave us on 10 from the five, 2 ppg. Top 2 form.

On 29/10/2017 at 09:00, ExiledAjax said:

Next five, and my wild predictions:

Fulham (a) W

Cardiff (h) D

Sheff W (a) L

Preston (h) W

Hull (a) D

So 8 points. 

Actual:

Fulham - W

Cardiff - W

Sheff W - D

Preston - L

Hull - W

10 points. Excellent return despite the Preston result. Not so good for me though - only 1 correct!

Next 5 are so tough to call

Boro (h) - D

Sheff U (a) - D

Forest (h) - D

QPR (a) - W

Reading (h) - L

Only 5 for me. I think we may continue to struggle at home as we’ve seen against teams that come and ask us to break them down. The injuries situation is also hurting - we miss Diedhiou and COD being out is a big loss.

Boro (h) - D

Sheff U (a) - L

Forest (h) - W

QPR (a) - D

Reading (h) -W

Those are my guesses. But the thing is, in this league there is never an easy group of fixtures. There are good reasons to suggest we can beat any one of those teams and also good reasons to suggest any one of them might get a result against us. So really keeping with what I said before:

6 or less - poor

7 - passable

9 -good

10-12 - very good

12+ - incredible. 

If anyone can beat anyone in this league it doesn't really matter who the points come against so if we keep hitting the Very good/incredible mark I'll be more than happy.

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 14:53, Cheesleysmate said:

Fulham - L

Cardiff - D

Sheff Wed - W

Preston - D

Hull - W

10 points in total from those 5 games, average 2 points a game, which in any other year would be near automatic form. However, this Championship season there appears to be a small divide between the top 6 and below but with two at the top who are on sensational runs.

Boro - W - If we can keep Britt quiet!

Sheff U - D - Having a bad patch for them so think we can take a point, I see an counter attacking performance by us.

Forest - D - Not a bad side but if they bank up the midfield, again we will struggle to penetrate.

QPR - D - I have literally no thoughts on this one, so a draw.

Reading - W - having a poor season so far and feel we will have to much pace for them.

9/15 - Boom.

On 26/11/2017 at 11:57, ExiledAjax said:

Actual:

Fulham - W

Cardiff - W

Sheff W - D

Preston - L

Hull - W

10 points. Excellent return despite the Preston result. Not so good for me though - only 1 correct!

Next 5 are so tough to call

Boro (h) - D

Sheff U (a) - D

Forest (h) - D

QPR (a) - W

Reading (h) - L

Only 5 for me. I think we may continue to struggle at home as we’ve seen against teams that come and ask us to break them down. The injuries situation is also hurting - we miss Diedhiou and COD being out is a big loss.

What's good about this run is all of those teams coming to AG like to play with the ball and keep possession, which suits us better as we're more effective on the break like you suggest. So I'm more confident than I was going into November.

Boro (H) - W

Sheff Utd (A) - D

Forest (H) - W

QPR (A) - L

Reading (H) - W

4 hours ago, bcfctim said:

What's good about this run is all of those teams coming to AG like to play with the ball and keep possession, which suits us better as we're more effective on the break like you suggest. So I'm more confident than I was going into November.

Boro (H) - W

Sheff Utd (A) - D

Forest (H) - W

QPR (A) - L

Reading (H) - W

I agree with this except we ought to get something at QPR, it would be about time we did. Boro are really inconsistent and if Assombalonga doesn`t score then neither do they. He missed two nailed on early chances v Derby and look what happened there. Blades we ought to get a draw if we set up right. Forest only seem to win at home and we should have too much for Reading.

Archived