IGNORED

Next 5 League Games

Super

Every time the "next 5 games" thread crops up, each group of games looks really tough and I can always see us struggling to get more then 4/5 points.

Long may the team keep proving my fears unfounded.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I agree with this except we ought to get something at QPR, it would be about time we did. Boro are really inconsistent and if Assombalonga doesn`t score then neither do they. He missed two nailed on early chances v Derby and look what happened there. Blades we ought to get a draw if we set up right. Forest only seem to win at home and we should have too much for Reading.

Well capable of getting something anywhere, but QPR have got a good home record, beat Wolves and Sheff Utd, plus that game's off the back of Manchester. Think there might be an 'after the Lord Mayor's show' once we reach the semi finals :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, bcfctim said:

Well capable of getting something anywhere, but QPR have got a good home record, beat Wolves and Sheff Utd, plus that game's off the back of Manchester. Think there might be an 'after the Lord Mayor's show' once we reach the semi finals :thumbsup:

As QPR showed Brentford just now, don`t sit back on a 2-0!

On 11/26/2017 at 11:57, ExiledAjax said:

Next 5 are so tough to call

Boro (h) - D

Sheff U (a) - D

Forest (h) - D

QPR (a) - W

Reading (h) - L

Only 5 for me. I think we may continue to struggle at home as we’ve seen against teams that come and ask us to break them down. The injuries situation is also hurting - we miss Diedhiou and COD being out is a big loss.

God I was pessimistic.

Ended up with WWWDW and with a W against Man U in the midst of it all.  

Frustratingly I've missed the first of the "next five"...so maybe let's ignore that disappointing result and just focus on the next five. Tough to call with the cup games as well, however by the end of these five we should have Pisano, Diedhou and COD back, as well as Engvall and whoever we sign in January, so if we can hold it together against Villa and Norwich then I think we'll come good at the end.

Villa (a) - W - bouncing back as we've done previously.

Norwich (h) - D - think we'll be suffering after a knackering night at the Etihad. Norwich are poor but we could slip up here.

Derby (a) - D - really tough game, very hard to call. Very much sitting on the fence with this one.

QPR (h) - W - with injuries abating we've a stronger squad by this point.

Bolton (a) - W - full strength by this point. Bug win to set us up for the beginning of the end.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

No idea how to guess these results.  Too many imponderables 

I do know we need reinforcements in early January if we are to maintain push for promotion. 

Without signings who can go straight into the team, rather than into the squad, we will struggle

being positive could be a new years resolution idea for you.....

Archived