IGNORED

World cup 2018 European playoffs

phantom

• Admin
3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

This thread has been merged making my comment look a bit daft.  I was actually commenting on a post relating to Ireland drawing the Swiss. Lucky I clocked the merge otherwise I would have ended up looking a little cuckoo.

Reckon you have gone cuckoo @wendyredredrobin - this thread hasn't been merged

(It was updating as the draw was happening)

Sweden have been unlucky...they came through a group that included France and Holland, and their reward is a play off against Italy.

I wouldn't rule Northern Ireland out, either. England managed to beat Switzerland home and away in Euro 2016 qualifying and the Swiss were poor in Portugal last week, and I think 11th is a generous world ranking for them (albeit these words could look a bit silly if they subsequently put loads of goals past Northern Ireland).

10 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Sweden have been unlucky...they came through a group that included France and Holland, and their reward is a play off against Italy.

I wouldn't rule Northern Ireland out, either. England managed to beat Switzerland home and away in Euro 2016 qualifying and the Swiss were poor in Portugal last week, and I think 11th is a generous world ranking for them (albeit these words could look a bit silly if they subsequently put loads of goals past Northern Ireland).

I might end up looking silly as well but the Swiss are a good side. They don't have a striker but they have good players throughout the rest of the team.

I think it was going to plan last week for them until a very unlucky own goal just before half time. They didn't turn up second half and were well beaten but as long as they don't underestimate them they should have too much for NI.

4 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

But why is it seeded still? They all finished 2nd in their Groups which was seeded. FIFA just trying to justify their shocking ranking system which had Peru in 10th.

Peru can have whatever ranking they want, after all they provided us with this gem.

Archived