IGNORED

Parking around Ashton Gate

Greenman15

6 minutes ago, Greenman15 said:

Evening all,

I'm sure this thread has been done to death but I was wondering where is good to park around Ashton Gate these days. I usually get the train but will have to drive tomorrow. Where is the best place to go? I'll be planning to get to Bristol about half 5ish. 

Cheers

Saturday was a nightmare. Cumberland Basin rammed at 1.50pm. Car parks double parking. Serious lack of spaces. The club needs to review this if they want full houses each week. Transport too. 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Saturday was a nightmare. Cumberland Basin rammed at 1.50pm. Car parks double parking. Serious lack of spaces. The club needs to review this if they want full houses each week. Transport too. 

Not quite sure it's bristol sports responsibility to solve bristols parking issues!!

They have already introduced park and ride scheme.

Lot of lazy people driving when they could easily walk / bus / train .

Love the fact people moan about car parking spaces and don't even set off till 2.15 but expect to park outside the ground.

21 minutes ago, Greenman15 said:

Evening all,

I'm sure this thread has been done to death but I was wondering where is good to park around Ashton Gate these days. I usually get the train but will have to drive tomorrow. Where is the best place to go? I'll be planning to get to Bristol about half 5ish. 

Cheers

cricket club not bad for a 5er......otherwise best of luck with streetparking

Noticing loads and loads more cones being put out around the ground. Seems to be led by the residents so not sure how legal they are as people getting impatient and just pushing them aside and parking.

I know it must be annoying but it does grate on me when residents look like they are renting their drives as they have parked on the road then coning the remainder off. Seems a bit cake and eat it to me as surely the ground was there before any house owner.

Greenman, if you're arriving around 5.30pm you might find a street parking space. Duckmoor Rd is generally not too bad if you arrive  in good time. It's worth checking it out first.

Bemmy Cricket Cluc is a fiver but I've never used it so am not sure if it's first come  first served set up.

27 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The council needs to sort their shit out and open the park and ride for us. 

Would be brilliant considering I drive in on the long Ashton bypass..Increase in attendances was always going to be a issue but nothings been done.

39 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As I've just said on another thread, JustPark is your answer if you want to guarantee a space in advance and not have to get there at early o'clock.  Still doesn't seem to be common knowledge - I'm amazed every time we have one of these threads how long it takes someone to mention it!

JustPark -  never heard of it.

I always park in Bedminster Cricket Club, easy for me (heading out of the city after the game towards the M5), £5, good group of folk run the carpark and they seem to be around before and after the game, which is reassuring for security. Decent beer and prices in the cricket club pavilion too. I would rather pay the £5 than face the hassle of parking in Hotwells for free which I used to do. Far more convenient.

I usually get there about 90mins before kick off, never an issue finding a space, it's a big site!

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Greenman, if you're arriving around 5.30pm you might find a street parking space. Duckmoor Rd is generally not too bad if you arrive  in good time. It's worth checking it out first.

Bemmy Cricket Cluc is a fiver but I've never used it so am not sure if it's first come  first served set up.

We tried the cricket club at when we arrived at 7:30pm and there was loads of space available still. 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

as surely the ground was there before any house owner.

The original ground, with little in the way of grandstanding, was off to the right from today's pitch in the early 1900s. Its outline now partly lies under a blocks of flats and the old bowling green on Duckmoor Road. By around the middle of WWI the current ground was located where it is today, and had some earthwork/grandstands. At the same time, there were a few houses built close to the Ashton Road entrance, almost opposite the old Wedlock pub, including the old 'shed' that used to be at the back of the Open End; the rest of the area around the Gate was still to be properly developed.

Archived