IGNORED

The Glory years video from HTV, didn't know I had this.

1960maaan

This is a bit of a bonus , a program from about '96 possibly , turned up on the end of another video. Roger Malone asks and answers questions and has conversations with the team from the those 'Glory years'. Some great interviews and clips that I'd forgotten about. 

It's interesting that by the time you got to this documentary you realised just how limited footage there was available at the time. It's all rehashed from the Flashback series. Quite a few of the goals at the beginning must have come from Kevin Mabbutt's personal collection, they talk about fans "converging on Highfield Road" whilst showing them arriving at Ashton Gate, and there is one bit where the fans are going through the turnstiles and there are "Support Bristol City Now or Never" posters up which I am pretty sure were post First Division days.

Still a great watch though. They were definitely magical times. 1978 was the best time. At one point we were up there challenging for a place in Europe! Whilst over at Eastvile they were watching utter shite and fighting every week. Not much has changed then?!

Archived