Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The idea of a 3,000 seater stadium for the basketball is bizarre. They can play at AG with a temporary party tent put over the pitch. In Sweden icehockey is played Indoors and footboll outdoors. Independent of temperature. Basketball can be played outdoors. If the club got land outside AG they can build a giant pisshouse so the area used for toilets at AG can be used for shops etc. Once again. The idea of a 3,000 seater next to AG is truly bizarre. 

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

1) Close Ashton Road down between the housing behind the Atyeo and the park. 2) Move the housing 20 m closer to the park. 3) Build a higher Atyeo Stand.

I wish they sold whatever you’re drinking in the UK

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Nope, I let him out because I have a boyfriend now :shocking:

Or do I need to lock him back in there for the January period?

Glad you have a boyfriend now

Flint looks like he got more energy since you let him go 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Certainly most, if not all football fans will criticise their clubs manager and some stage but the average fan doesn't have the required badges to enter into football management whereas in politics the opportunity to join a political party is far simpler and requires no qualifications at all. From  said party base political progress can be made with the right commitment.

Fortunately for everyone else I've never had any interest in politics. To me politicians  are all pretty much the same.

Spoken like a seasoned politician.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Having football qualifications will mean that an individual has sought to gain a far more advanced understanding of technical, tactical, social and psychological aspects of football than an average fan. However these really are just aspects of football not its entirety. It is possible to have acquired high levels of knowledge and skill, coach extensively and watch little pro football at all and know little about the Championship for instance. 

A poster like Ole as an example  is obviously informed by constantly watching the team and being able to articulate to a high degree what he is witnessing, and the underlining whys = You do not need a badge to have an understanding of what you watch as a fan, or to have a educated opinion. 

I thought that's what I said, but with fewer words.

40 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Anybody knows who owns these small industrial units (in yellow)? 

image.png.5cee6e15f21c79ef2c77b4c0c1763ed1.png

Aren`t they mainly just lock ups? I must have walked past hundreds of times but can`t say I`ve ever noticed!

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Aren`t they mainly just lock ups? I must have walked past hundreds of times but can`t say I`ve ever noticed!

Duckmoor road industrial estate. Several trade companies operate from their as well as offices at the front, I think they were for rent last time I went past.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Anybody knows who owns these small industrial units (in yellow)? 

image.png.5cee6e15f21c79ef2c77b4c0c1763ed1.png

Isn't that the brewery? There are plans for that to be redeveloped to flats etc (I put a link on the non-football section about a month ago)

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/ashton-gates-old-brewery-transformed-779055

Edited by exAtyeoMax

42 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Isn't that the brewery? There are plans for that to be redeveloped to flats etc (I put a link on the non-football section about a month ago)

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/ashton-gates-old-brewery-transformed-779055

No that's further down - it's currently a auction house, old warehouse and a crossfit gym one side, and then the old brewery the other (behind the gym and bakery opposite Aldi).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

No that's further down - it's currently a auction house, old warehouse and a crossfit gym one side, and then the old brewery the other (behind the gym and bakery opposite Aldi).

not according to the photo in the BEP

5a2bb01910022_ScreenShot2017-12-09at09_42_32.thumb.png.2d80a21af07e93fbb7585c20ded13028.png

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

not according to the photo in the BEP

5a2bb01910022_ScreenShot2017-12-09at09_42_32.thumb.png.2d80a21af07e93fbb7585c20ded13028.png

Aldi top right, Gym and bakery marked, behind it the mess of buildigns are the auction house, a weird warehouse that is empty but seems to have a busy 3-4 man office above it, and the crossfit gym - as a person who used the gym, and sometimes the auction I can assure you that's the area. Hell the Duckmoor road site wouldn't be able to accomodate 20-30% of the proposals in your link.

ScreenShot_20171209094649.png

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Aldi top right, Gym and bakery marked, behind it the mess of buildigns are the auction house, a weird warehouse that is empty but seems to have a busy 3-4 man office above it, and the crossfit gym - as a person who used the gym, and sometimes the auction I can assure you that's the area. Hell the Duckmoor road site wouldn't be able to accomodate 20-30% of the proposals in your link.

oh, I see what you're saying! I was looking at the wrong road! Sorry bab!

Used to work in one of those smaller units back in the day (early 90s) and it was a brand new build. The larger and much older building was Avoncolour, a photo lab when you had to have film processing. Think there are lots of little businesses there now. Not sure who owns it or how much it would cost to get the deeds for that lot, nor how useful the place would be in the grand scheme.

As already mentioned Duckmoor road trading state but not sure what use that land would be to us, what exactly could you do with it ?

On 08/12/2017 at 12:54, bristolcitysweden said:

The idea of a 3,000 seater stadium for the basketball is bizarre. They can play at AG with a temporary party tent put over the pitch. In Sweden icehockey is played Indoors and footboll outdoors. Independent of temperature. Basketball can be played outdoors. If the club got land outside AG they can build a giant pisshouse so the area used for toilets at AG can be used for shops etc. Once again. The idea of a 3,000 seater next to AG is truly bizarre. 

Football can be played on concrete too so to save us the hassle of the upkeep of the grass pitch let's just cement over the pitch and play on that. We'll start a revolution! 

You're an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Fiale said:

As already mentioned Duckmoor road trading state but not sure what use that land would be to us, what exactly could you do with it ?

A new entrance if Ashton Road closed and Atyeo rebuilt? A new shop?

13 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

This was the location I was on about next door to ashton gate. Opportunity for lansdown to get his hands on it before housing developers. 

ashton gate google earth.jpg

yes, sorry for the misunderstanding. A good plot to buy…

The retail units next to the winterstoke road entrance could be a useful purchase. Isn't one of them empty already? It never seems popular and it could be adapted in lots of ways. The KFC franchise could be incorporated to keep @Dollymaries friend happy.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fiale said:

The tall red brick part of the old brewery will remain. It’s owned by GF

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The retail units next to the winterstoke road entrance could be a useful purchase. Isn't one of them empty already? It never seems popular and it could be adapted in lots of ways. The KFC franchise could be incorporated to keep @Dollymaries friend happy.

No they are all rented out. Staples closed recently, but a new food shop has opened.

On 08/12/2017 at 17:54, bristolcitysweden said:

**** me , you are a proper mentalist :laughcont:

• Haha 3