IGNORED

Trouble?

The Constant Rabbit

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Brown boots, blue jeans, dark top with light emblem, crew cut with beard. Rugby tackled a City supporter around the centre circle, pinned City fan to the floor, jogged off in direction of the Dolman, got his phone out and tried to look inconspicuous walking off towards the Lansdown having travelled in a circle. I was watching him as I expected him to sucker punch someone.

I am going to play devils advocate here...how many of our support would tolerate opposing fans goading and taking the piss after a pitch invasion following a last minute winner...I am all for over exuberance following a win and been on the pitch many times but not felt the need to run over to opposing fans inciting trouble.

not condoning in any way as not my thing and if the people hit were innocent then it is unacceptable but from what I saw their were plenty on the pitch deliberately running over to opposing fans.

• Admin
27 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I am going to play devils advocate here...how many of our support would tolerate opposing fans goading and taking the piss after a pitch invasion following a last minute winner...I am all for over exuberance following a win and been on the pitch many times but not felt the need to run over to opposing fans inciting trouble.

not condoning in any way as not my thing and if the people hit were innocent then it is unacceptable but from what I saw their were plenty on the pitch deliberately running over to opposing fans.

He ran past the ones of ours interested in goading and attacked fans in the centre of the pitch simply celebrating the result. 

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

He ran past the ones of ours interested in goading and attacked fans in the centre of the pitch simply celebrating the result. 

I don't understand why anyone would want to goad the away fans? I don't think I passed the half way line as I was more interested in celebrating with the players and fans.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Interesting how some accept the pitch invasion while others burst a blood vessel. 

SL didn't like it, but the club were happy to use the photos of SL addressing the crowd after the Rotherham match. 

Condoning law breaking that is :fear:

The narrative is spun depending on the agenda of the day.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Interesting how some accept the pitch invasion while others burst a blood vessel. 

SL didn't like it, but the club were happy to use the photos of SL addressing the crowd after the Rotherham match. 

I think the club also sold pictures of pitch invasions once?

I see it as SL was just putting it on record that we are against it just for the authorities benefit.

MA response was better.

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I think the club also sold pictures of pitch invasions once?

I see it as SL was just putting it on record that we are against it just for the authorities benefit.

MA response was better.

Its pointless punishing the club anyway imo. What can they do about it? 

Bit like fining the local council if I speed on their roads. 

@CotswoldRed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the Rotherham game, when fans were on the pitch, fairly sure they did the interviews anyway just in the Williams or something.

Fairly sure they even interviewed fans on the pitch- surely if they were so dead against it they wouldn't be doing such things as that...

But yeah, @Up The City! is right- just for the benefit of the authorities etc is about right.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@CotswoldRed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the Rotherham game, when fans were on the pitch, fairly sure they did the interviews anyway just in the Williams or something.

Fairly sure they even interviewed fans on the pitch- surely if they were so dead against it they wouldn't be doing such things as that...

But yeah, @Up The City! is right- just for the benefit of the authorities etc is about right.

That's right. They couldn't get to the pitch and were marooned in the Williams. 

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

What did MA say?

"At one point Steve (Lansdown) had me in a headlock. It really was euphoria and you always worry when fans come onto the pitch but I can't blame them because the excitement, the pent-up passion and the club waiting for an opportunity to celebrate something of that magnitude.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I don't understand why anyone would want to goad the away fans? I don't think I passed the half way line as I was more interested in celebrating with the players and fans.

As you have your picture under your OTIB name, you should be easy enough to identify, and I hope it's many years before you are allowed to set foot in Ashton Gate Stadium again, for invading the playing surface.

3 hours ago, Ian M said:

Brown boots, blue jeans, dark top with light emblem, crew cut with beard. Rugby tackled a City supporter around the centre circle, pinned City fan to the floor, jogged off in direction of the Dolman, got his phone out and tried to look inconspicuous walking off towards the Lansdown having travelled in a circle. I was watching him as I expected him to sucker punch someone.

I had words with this idiot in the Rose of Denmark before the game - he randomly has a tattoo of a clock on his neck.

He is / was Welsh and was with another Welsh bloke and a young lad in a MU home shirt with Lukaku on the back.

Caught my attention in the pub a) for being welsh b) for staring at me when I walked in to the point where I asked if he was ok c) for drinking bottles of Bud he had loaded into his pockets d) for generally being a loud mouth pr1ck

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Any news on the racist Gashead who wasn't aware that posting racist tweets might 'offend some people'?

Racist like the chap who wouldn't employ an Englishman at the Welsh FA?

Will that be investigated?  No, that's acceptable racism it would appear.

25 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Racist like the chap who wouldn't employ an Englishman at the Welsh FA?

Will that be investigated?  No, that's acceptable racism it would appear.

That’s not racist though is it, the country you live in does not define race.

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

We had a pitch invasion after beating Rotherham...they’re shit 

30 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I think the courts will beg to differ if you make derogatory comments about people from Pakistan, for example.

You couldn’t get arrested for racism by being the Man U boss saying you wouldn’t employ a scouser as manager.

Learn the difference or get a northerner in to munch that chip off your shoulder.

41 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You couldn’t get arrested for racism by being the Man U boss saying you wouldn’t employ a scouser as manager.

Learn the difference or get a northerner in to munch that chip off your shoulder.

You nationality and City of origin are fundamentally different in law. 

3 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

"At one point Steve (Lansdown) had me in a headlock. It really was euphoria and you always worry when fans come onto the pitch but I can't blame them because the excitement, the pent-up passion and the club waiting for an opportunity to celebrate something of that magnitude.

I imagine the only thing he was worried about was the 1 million pound playing surface. 

In a nut shell I think he's got it spot on. Over 20 years I have waited for this, the Palace one was previously I'd say our biggest result in recent times but this was Manchester United.

Archived