IGNORED

Ryan Kent - recalled from Freiburg, and now signed on loan.

Dastardly and Muttley

17 minutes ago, spudski said:

The biggest hurdle for this deal, is not the player, but the huge loan fee Liverpool want for him.

Watkins could come in ahead of him as an alternative.

Depends on what can be agreed or thrashed out.

Some teams want their cake and eat it...pay us for his services, agree to play him, pay a huge part of his wages and develop him for us.

Think Liverpool have become pretty notorious for being one of those clubs.

As you say at this time of year in the transfer window you have to have a Plan A, B & C, it would certainly appear that Kent, then Watkins are two of our options.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think Liverpool have become pretty notorious for being one of those clubs.

As you say at this time of year in the transfer window you have to have a Plan A, B & C, it would certainly appear that Kent, then Watkins are two of our options.

In this instance with Kent, Liverpool are being just plain greedy imo.

If a fee can't be agreed, I can see him going to another club towards the end of January, to a team that pay up through worry.

Which imo, isn't good for the development of the player. No guarantees for a player to do well at a team that he doesn't really want to go to, but just have the money to pay the fee.

The football system is unfairly biased toward the top clubs, not only do they get excessive payments, they are also allowed to stockpile players , particularly young players. It magnifies the sporting and financial unfairness. There should be a squad limit of players aged over 18. Players such as Kent should be playing within Championship or lower level Prem teams. When the big boys want them they can afford it.  To read of injury crisis at the top 6 is embarrassing when they have dozens of players out on loan. 

For example Herbie Kane would be far better off still  at BCFC than waiting his slim chance at Liverpool or indeed watching his favourite team at the Ethiad last night. 

Kent would be a great addition for a promotion push. We rather need some fit forwards asap. 

1 hour ago, Psychopomp said:

The football system is unfairly biased toward the top clubs, not only do they get excessive payments, they are also allowed to stockpile players , particularly young players. It magnifies the sporting and financial unfairness. There should be a squad limit of players aged over 18. Players such as Kent should be playing within Championship or lower level Prem teams. When the big boys want them they can afford it.  To read of injury crisis at the top 6 is embarrassing when they have dozens of players out on loan. 

For example Herbie Kane would be far better off still  at BCFC than waiting his slim chance at Liverpool or indeed watching his favourite team at the Ethiad last night. 

Kent would be a great addition for a promotion push. We rather need some fit forwards asap. 

As I’m out of likes - top post mate. And they wonder why our national team is suffering - you’ve got big prem teams going out and buying youngsters just to fulfil there English quota and keep them locked away in there u23s and send them out on loan to championship clubs or lower to get their experience. When these players could be doing jobs for the lower ended premiership clubs getting valuable higher level experience against some of the best players in the world. Something has to change.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

You ever snake me again and I’ll ******* do you. Do you hear me. You’ve got a lot of enemies on here and you don’t need more. 

You do realise you're threatening yourself right? Just stop snaking your own posts if it upsets you that much :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

As I’m out of likes - top post mate. And they wonder why our national team is suffering - you’ve got big prem teams going out and buying youngsters just to fulfil there English quota and keep them locked away in there u23s and send them out on loan to championship clubs or lower to get their experience. When these players could be doing jobs for the lower ended premiership clubs getting valuable higher level experience against some of the best players in the world. Something has to change.

Not sure what you mean by the big teams hording players

Screenshot_2018-01-10-22-12-40-187_com.android.chrome.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-22-12-28-626_com.android.chrome.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-22-12-33-823_com.android.chrome.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-22-12-21-480_com.android.chrome.png

Nixon said on the radio the other week, about our interest in Harry Wilson at Liverpool, that Liverpool are charging clubs heavy financial penalties if the loan players don’t play a certain amount of games.

Can see their argument but at the same time I’m not sure I’d want Liverpool picking one of our players every week.

Don’t think it would be much of an issue if you got Kent though because he’d be playing every week probably? He’s top class IMO.

12 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Nixon said on the radio the other week, about our interest in Harry Wilson at Liverpool, that Liverpool are charging clubs heavy financial penalties if the loan players don’t play a certain amount of games.

Can see their argument but at the same time I’m not sure I’d want Liverpool picking one of our players every week.

Don’t think it would be much of an issue if you got Kent though because he’d be playing every week probably? He’s top class IMO.

For the number of games left I guess the extent of any fines would be pretty limited anyway!

55 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Depends also if it’s a start or sub appearance that they expect. Can see us doing it if they’ll let us off with sub appearances, but not so much if they expect him to start every week.

17 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

How is HK getting on at Liverpool.

I read some time ago that he is highly thought of, but he is apparently nowhere the first team.

Is he still too young (18?) to be loaned out, to City or elsewhere, or just not yet sufficiently developed?

On a similar subject, do you or anybody else know how young Jacob Maddox is getting on at Chelsea?

I have heard nothing recently about either player.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I read some time ago that he is highly thought of, but he is apparently nowhere the first team.

Is he still too young (18?) to be loaned out, to City or elsewhere, or just not yet sufficiently developed?

On a similar subject, do you or anybody else know how young Jacob Maddox is getting on at Chelsea?

HK progressing well, and will be close to needing some mens football soon, he is 19. We would have been ideal for him right now, though the club was obviously not as well sorted back when he left compared to now. He is  arriving at that break point . Roland Aarons needs football too,  and is available, but all of the promise been destroyed by continual injuries, and some say attitude. No idea on JM not seen him play or had any feedback. 

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Jacob played in the JPT (or whatever its called now) for Chelsea last night against Portsmouth but was subbed with a knock after 30 mins

Archived