IGNORED

Baker - Red Card

Bristol Rob

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Differing views on the radio phone in.

Some callers saying 3 match ban, others saying never a red.

Has anyone seen it on a replay and able to provide a balanced point of view?

I just watched a replay. It is a tough one. He lunges in very late with two feet. I don't think there is any intent and I don't think studs are up as far as I can see but his trailing leg is right off the ground. He's definitely going for the ball but he misses it by a substantial margin. 

Some refs would give a red and some would give a yellow but I can't see how it will be overturned. I'm hoping it will only be a one-match ban though. 

Reminded me a bit of the Wolves sending off against us. Yellow would not have been shocking, but can see why he went red. Not in control. Equally, at the point of contact it is not high. 50/50 yellow or red for me, and as such do not think we will win an appeal.  Hospital pass by Flint created it.

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I dont get how you can do a slide tackle without your legs off the ground?!

these rules are so ####ed up nowadays. 

Gone are the days of contact sport. May aswell get your slippers on and turn it into basketball. 

There is a slide tackle and then there is jumping into a tackle ,think you might be confused.Agree that it’s a soft sport nowadays but we can’t keep harping back to the good old days 

Archived