IGNORED

Baker 3 game ban CONFIRMED (Merged)

cidered abroad

1 minute ago, Lympsham Red said:

I totally understand this and know that it'll probably be the choice made, but I just don't feel too confident with this situation. Brownhill and Smith are both very, very important to our midfield, and losing them to a position they are unnatural in concerns me. I know there's a lot of Magnússon hate on this forum, but I like the guy; he's determined, hungry, and wants to improve after every mistake - we saw that after his post after Man City. Surely he deserves a shot at playing CB as a replacement for Baker. It's his natural position, he has a point to prove, and he's young and full of potential. Not to mention his lethal long throws. I reckon Maggers deserves a chance. After all, aren't we meant to be all for developing young talent?

I totally understand that Maggers has made mistakes in the past that have made some doubt his ability to play CB in a solid back four. But my gut tells me that playing Maggers in his natural CB position is a much better option than playing a CM/RM at RB. Give the lad a chance.

It's more a case I think Kent will start like with QPR game, so Brownhill would be on the bench, so the choice is then purely Brownhill at RB or Magnússon at CB.

31 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Did u see what happened on Sat,as soon as he was restored to his position we took control again,he's our only midfielder who does the job he does and we got torn apart for 15 - 20 mins.

That period of pressure from QPR came after Holloway had obviously got into them but the fact they couldn't maintain it wasn't down to just Smith but the fact that QPR just weren't fit enough.

24 minutes ago, hodge said:

It's more a case I think Kent will start like with QPR game, so Brownhill would be on the bench, so the choice is then purely Brownhill at RB or Magnússon at CB.

Would rather see Korey at RB.  Josh has lots of attributes, but he isn't a great defender.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Would rather see Korey at RB.  Josh has lots of attributes, but he isn't a great defender.

I'd rather not lose Korey from CM, our midfield is a lot better with him in it. I think Josh could cope for 2 games against Bolton and Sunderland. We know he can play RWB which I would go for against Leeds. 

42 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Is Baker carrying a niggly injury?  If so this will give him recovery time.

Yes l think he is still carrying a knock so could be a bit of absurd luck. 

Personally ld let Mags drop in for Bakes on Friday with Bailey staying put. 

Mags ain't carrying the can for Man City opener in my opinion. Any doubt his clearing abilities soon put to bed on Saturday! He's clearly a quick learner.... 

LS

BR AF HM BR

JB MP KS RK

FD BR

all over Bolton from the whistle 2-0 half time please Mr J

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That period of pressure from QPR came after Holloway had obviously got into them but the fact they couldn't maintain it wasn't down to just Smith but the fact that QPR just weren't fit enough.

Don' agree, as soon as Smith was restored to centre mid we took control almost immediately. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Criminal decision  

3 game ban vs a yellow card - just beyond belief how archaic the decision making is in this game. 

7_D35_D969-_B23_D-43_CB-97_BF-_D2_BDA7_C

******* hell look at the shape of his leg, they hurt anyway but he'll feel that for a long time.

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Good luck with that accumulator - I can't remember the last time we won at Leeds, never mind without one of our best players! The place is a graveyard for us. 

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Leeds United/

Last time we won there was 1979.  Since then not even a league point or draw in the cup.  Looks like we did pretty well against them in the 70s.  The run after the win in our very first game against them is shocking!  

We have a settled side and a way of playing that the players are very familiar with. I would ask myself what team selection would be least disruptive to our methods? The answer seems to me to be the inclusion of HM in what is his natural position, leaving the remainder of a well-established back line undisturbed and our preferred midfield untouched. I understand the reservations about HM, but this option is the one that has the least impact on the way we set up and HM’s frailties won’t necessarily get any better if the selection reflects a lack of trust in him and thereby further undermines his confidence. Back the lad to come through a wobbly patch and perform. It could backfire, but if not it will strengthen both player and squad.

Having reviewed Mr Strouds performance the FA felt that it was so bad that they could only up hold his poor discision making.

we have to realise Mr Stroud is consistently bad it was not only this week it is every week. Come FA is top watching we you eyes closed.  

21 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

We have a settled side and a way of playing that the players are very familiar with. I would ask myself what team selection would be least disruptive to our methods? The answer seems to me to be the inclusion of HM in what is his natural position, leaving the remainder of a well-established back line undisturbed and our preferred midfield untouched. I understand the reservations about HM, but this option is the one that has the least impact on the way we set up and HM’s frailties won’t necessarily get any better if the selection reflects a lack of trust in him and thereby further undermines his confidence. Back the lad to come through a wobbly patch and perform. It could backfire, but if not it will strengthen both player and squad.

Indeed - with Baker suspended LJ doesn't have many options in the CB position so Hörður despite his recent wobbles will almost certainly start alongside Flint with Wright staying at RB and Bryan at LB. 

No need to disrupt the midfield by having Smith at RB.

38 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Leeds United/

Last time we won there was 1979.  Since then not even a league point or draw in the cup.  Looks like we did pretty well against them in the 70s.  The run after the win in our very first game against them is shocking!  

That's what I looked at before posting! :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

So the FA are idiots for rightly upholding the referee's original and correct decision because a subsequent event, at a different fixture and officiated by another, was incorrectly called?

Yeah.....

I think it’s completely fair to draw attention to the complete lack of consistency in application of the law, don’t you?

Can you offer any explanation whatsoever as to why Baker misses three games and Bennet’s punishment was a yellow card, that isn’t ‘a referee got it wrong’ ?

I think when even a rival manager (who just so happens to despise your club) is saying that a yellow card was sufficient then there’s got to be grounds for feeling hard done by.  

Archived