IGNORED

You Wish You Were English

Big Red Rich

Sorry if I'm a bit naive but I couldn't understand this chant from the Eastend. Can somebody explain why they were chanting "you wish you were English"?!!

Like many teams sing to us 'you're just a small town in Wales'' thought it was naff the first time i heard this, thought it was even naffer when Leicester fans sung it today

According to last year censor white British is a minority in Liecester . Maybe the chant was moronic maybe not but there is a serious social point to be discussed when English people are no longer a majority in an English Town .

+1

According to last year censor white British is a minority in Liecester . Maybe the chant was moronic maybe not but there is a serious social point to be discussed when English people are no longer a majority in an English Town .[/quote

No, White English are no longer a majority. That's a completely different thing to English people no longer being a majority.

Anyway, I wouldn't say it's racist, just naive and crap banter.

Correction - it was in response to us being a small town in Wales.

And the only thing I can think of more embarrassing than singing it (if it was due to the large asian population) is the 3 other stands staying silent throughout the 90 mins, ZZZZzzzzz.

As someone mentioned earlier in this post, an embarrassment on and off the pitch. And for those of you who say 'it doesn't matter', well I'm speechless. Saw a pretty large Asian descent contingent today and if I was one of them

I'd be pissing myself at this poor excuse for 'support'. Ashamed and embarrassed. Get real people. CTID

And the only thing I can think of more embarrassing than singing it (if it was due to the large asian population) is the 3 other stands staying silent throughout the 90 mins, ZZZZzzzzz.

Ah, so us being from a country a few miles away is the same as comparing people from England to another continent on the back of their ethnicity?

I'd rather sit in silence than listen to you drag this club through the muck you think is acceptable or witty.

It's like a Jim Davidson gig... Out of date, boring and lacking in any humour.

Ah, so us being from a country a few miles away is the same as comparing people from England to another continent on the back of their ethnicity?

I'd rather sit in silence than listen to you drag this club through the muck you think is acceptable or witty.

You are weird.

So what high brow, educated, PC, health and safety approved, witty repartee were you responsible for today?

Quite right about the other 3 stands. The lack of effort we put into the booing was embarrassing.

Regardless of the xenophobic/racist argument, is it any wonder that the people of this country think we are inbred yokel morons when this is the level of 'banter'?

Today, for the most part I have been embarrassed to be associated with this club and this region.

Ah yes, as we're the only set of fans to ever sing it? Not condoning it, but slightly over reacting statement.

Archived