IGNORED

Everything Fontaine Related

Fuber

In killa's defence, sod stuck him on the right for a reason I will never understand. Playing him and pack doesn't really work as they're to similar. But killa is shit. Would of played joe Bryan.

Fontaine I've defended on here before, but no he has to be dropped. At fault for third (i think), where he didnt get off his feet for the header. And the 4th was a disgrace. Put your laces through it. And don't let it bounce. Carey needs to spend a whole day just lofting balls to him until he does it right. Other problem is, Williams is our cover, and as much as he looked decent, he was at fault for the last goal. Turned his back on the ball for no reason, then lost the line of it and it dropped to Clarkes feet.

On the plus, pack looked decent and JET is unreal. Shame Taylor went off as him, baldock, pack and JET looked good linking up. Kid didnt miss a header I don't think. Hope he's back soon.

COYR

Last season you could see how Fonts' loss of confidence affected the players around hin - it was infectious.

With a new, young team the last thing we now need is other players to lose confidence in a teammate or themselves.

Sadly I think SOD has to bite tge bullet re Fontaine for the long term wellbeing of the team.

Should've just called this thread the bandwagon thread. 4 defenders on the pitch today people.

Really not sure what point you are trying to make? In my 20 years supporting City I've never seen such a poor player keep their place for so long, or seen one individual at fault for so many dropped points.

Sorry. Didn't realise it was Fontaine's fault for all four goals today - or in fact for every goal conceded in the last 18 months.

Who said that? Sign of a very weak argument.

Facts are, for well over a year now "Poor ickle Liam" has made mistake after mistake with not much good in between. I'm a realist, I expect mistakes. The level that Fontaine has consistently played at in this period shows that this is nowhere near a bandwagon. This is a long time coming.

HE IS ******* SHIT!

Really not sure what point you are trying to make? In my 20 years supporting City I've never seen such a poor player keep their place for so long, or seen one individual at fault for so many dropped points.

The bottom line for me is this Fontaine has been incredibly suspect since the failed Southampton transfer but Millen, DMC and now SOD have for some reason stuck with him, Killkenny has been piss poor since the day he signed but again Millen, DMC and now SOD have kept faith with him in fact SOD has incredibly bigged Killkenny up before the season even started, at least you know Elliott is going to give 100%, but the question has to be asked what are the majority missing with Fontaine and Killkenny that 3 professional managers are seeing?.

That was my original point, I was asking when does the same vitriol aimed at managers get aimed at failing players.

Perhaps your point should be why does the manager keep selecting failing players, to be honest it not only makes the manager a very easy target but was also the final nail in the coffin of the past 2 managers, let's hope SOD isn't going to be so stubborn.

Who said that? Sign of a very weak argument.

Facts are, for well over a year now "Poor ickle Liam" has made mistake after mistake with not much good in between. I'm a realist, I expect mistakes. The level that Fontaine has consistently played at in this period shows that this is nowhere near a bandwagon. This is a long time coming.

HE IS ******* SHIT!

And SOD continues to play him................. JT do you think this some sort of Psychological projection ?

The point I'm making is that although his confidence is shot he's not the only defender that conceded 5 today yet he's the one that gets called out 99% of the time with abuse - majority of which is shocking. In the match thread someone who was at the game said both central defenders were shocking today - guess I missed the bashing of Flint thread though.

Not sure how abusing Fonts will help his situation.

Archived