IGNORED

Everything Fontaine Related

Fuber

I've just got in.

I came on here and imagined that there'd be a fair degree of vitriol towards Fontaine.

The only thing that I wish to add is that every single last bit is fully deserved.

I wish he'd just **** off out of our club.

On a more positive note, JET has the potential to be the best player we've ever seen at the Gate.

Fontaine is pants yes but us as a set of fans always are in desperate demand of a scapegoat. Fontaine has fast turnt into the new Lee Johnson for many fans, blame the lad for absoloutely everything that goes wrong at the club and some how that seems to make certain individuals sleep easier at night.

Dont get me wrong Fontaine should have been shipped out by now there is no question but its getting pretty cringeworthy the abuse aimed at him IMO.. Theres another 10 players on the pitch aswell like...

The point I'm making is that although his confidence is shot he's not the only defender that conceded 5 today yet he's the one that gets called out 99% of the time with abuse - majority of which is shocking. In the match thread someone who was at the game said both central defenders were shocking today - guess I missed the bashing of Flint thread though.

Not sure how abusing Fonts will help his situation.

What just ignore it then? or perhaps SOD dropping him might damage his confidence more, so keep playing him?.

Fontaine is pants yes but us as a set of fans always are in desperate demand of a scapegoat. Fontaine has fast turnt into the new Lee Johnson for many fans, blame the lad for absoloutely everything that goes wrong at the club and some how that seems to make certain individuals sleep easier at night.

Dont get me wrong Fontaine should have been shipped out by now there is no question but its getting pretty cringeworthy the abuse aimed at him IMO.. Theres another 10 players on the pitch aswell like...

I'm guessing you weren't at the game? Am I right? He single handedly cost us a point or three today.

The point I'm making is that although his confidence is shot he's not the only defender that conceded 5 today yet he's the one that gets called out 99% of the time with abuse - majority of which is shocking. In the match thread someone who was at the game said both central defenders were shocking today - guess I missed the bashing of Flint thread though.

Flint has played 3 games for us. Faultaine has been shite for years now. If Flint plays like Faultaine for a few years people will be talking about him like they do Liam ******* Faultaine

First goal I don't think should of been a pen, but couldn't really see. Flint at fault possible due to lack of pace, but not alot he can do about that

Second goal from a sloppy ball losing possession, then flint not getting tight, but no support from the midfield.

3rd fonts didn't get off his feet. Pretty poor.

4th fonts missed the header, then didnt deal with it. Fielding didnt help, but he shouldn't of had to.

5th goal Williams turned his back.

Overall - shit at the back, but fonts probably the biggest culprit.

First goal I don't think should of been a pen, but couldn't really see. Flint at fault possible due to lack of pace, but not alot he can do about that

Second goal from a sloppy ball losing possession, then flint not getting tight, but no support from the midfield.

3rd fonts didn't get off his feet. Pretty poor.

4th fonts missed the header, then didnt deal with it. Fielding didnt help, but he shouldn't of had to.

5th goal Williams turned his back.

Overall - shit at the back, but fonts definitely the biggest culprit.

There. Edited for you.

If I knew how to fix it I'd be very rich. But surely threads like this which make it personal along with singling him out every game isn't the answer?

Admittedly I haven't read all the pages of this thread, but I've not seen anyone make it personal.

Just dozens and dozens of people saying he's shit at football. That's why he gets singled out. Because he's our worst player by a country mile.

If I knew how to fix it I'd be very rich. But surely threads like this which make it personal along with singling him out every game isn't the answer?

and nor is 3 highly trained, highly paid professionals putting the poor guy relentlessly into this situation week in week out, I repeat it got the last 2 sacked relying on serial failures.

He was shocking, but so was our game plan.

Our midfield was so narrow, that they just went wide time and time again, and we had them charging at our defenders. Any defensive unit would have found that trying. At no stage did we really cut that out, although the changes at half time helped. SOD I assume was clearly looking to make that change at half time, but two late first half goals meant it was to late really. If it was going so obviously wrong, why wait?

On the one hand, we should have scored 6. On the other, no doubt in my mind we deserved to lose.

At this stage in our rebuilding I really do not mind losing. I do want to start seeing a shape and game plan I understand, even if it takes the players a while to get to grip with it. No sign of that today. SOD talks a very good game. I want to start seeing some signs of the plan in action, whatever the result.

If we build the defensive platform, and defend as a team when needed, we have the talent to score goals and win games.

Horace has kindly volunteered to play left CB. He can't tackle or pass, but he can bite your ankles.

Seriously, it's just two games into the League season. How about S'OD drops Fontaine for a couple of games and we'll see whether it makes any difference.

It's making me feel sick. It didn't take too long for fans to get on the backs of managers, when do shouts of "Fontaine out" start ringing from the stands?

About 2 hours ago - as the players left the pitch.

In Baldock's defence, he kind of reacted to it, I'm all for players sticking up for the team, show's some kind of unity, even if it is somewhat misplaced.

Should've just called this thread the bandwagon thread. 4 defenders on the pitch today people.

5, but the only goal Fontaine couldn't have done anything about was the pen

They were all at fault in some sense but for example the 5th, shouldn't Fontaine have been tighter to Daniels? irked that Williams tried to watch it out but that's the initial mistake.

I haven't seen any reports of 'anger from the stands', only disgruntled ramblings on this forum.

Fans were giving it some at the end, Flint was bought in as a dominant centre half, he comes out and meets the ball Fontaine is supposed to mop up with tackles and in emergencies, hit the bouncing ball. His communication with Fielding is awful is Fielding to blame? IMO no, Fontaine got himself so close to that ball he did well not to do anything with it today.

I'm guessing you weren't at the game? Am I right? He single handedly cost us a point or three today.

To score 4 goals away from home and loose is bad, from watching it, Fontaine's lack of action cost us 2 goals at least today.

Not sure how you would expect people to be patient, tolerant and supportive of a player who has individually cost us more points in the last couple of seasons than probably any other player I've ever seen. Certainly one that has a nailed on place week in week out without question.

No he wasn't the only player culpable today but it's game after game after game that he makes errors that lead to goals.

Mistakes that result in a goal against should be the top stat that any defender is judged on and I have no doubt that Fontaine would top that chart over the last couple of years.

He was poor and the worst of a very bad bunch, but it really is embarrassing seeing/hearing certain comments either on here or at the ground about Fontaine. A personal highlight of mine 'Get out of the club Fontaine you useless c***' after Williams lost possession. Just beating the bloke who felt the need to shout '**** off Fontaine' after about 5 minutes of the game even though he had done excellently to win possession and set Baldock free the previous time he had got near the ball.

If you take the passion out of football there really isn't much left and I understand people who may have shouted at him after the fourth goal, but I really do despair when someone goes to the ground with the intention of abusing him (which you must to abuse him after 5 minutes of the game and before he had even done anything wrong) or to not even bother going to the game but sit at home on the internet writing the type of childish nonsense that others have on this thread about one of our own players (no matter how much you may wish he wasn't). I totally understand why people may have had a gut full of Fontaine, but I suggest some may need to purchase a dictionary and have a look at the definition under the word supporter.

As I said he was the worst of the bunch today, I would drop him next week and in partnership with Fielding he managed to gift away one of the worst goals you will ever see at professional level. I accept it is easier for some to lay the blame for todays defeat all at Fontaine's door, but Flint was also dreadful and the fullbacks were both uncharacteristically poor. And as for Fielding if it weren't for his bald head you would assume that we had Phillips or Gerken in goal. Decent shot stopper, but at best shaky coming off his line and at worst hopeless.

I take your point but, in the case of LJ and many others stretching right back to Shadow Williams to my knowledge, there have always been supporters as well as critics. That's not true of Fontaine now.

Clearly, he's a better player than his performance suggests. However, I don't think we'll see that level of performance from him at the Gate until he comes here playing for another club. He should go now, for his own good as well as that of BCFC.

Having met him I rather doubt it. Let's just say he did not come across as someone suffering from low self esteem. Never underestimate either the ability of footballers, and football managers, to delude themselves. Nobody ever plays badly, it's bad luck, the ref, the pitch, the fans but rarely if ever them to blame.

I think you are probably right there.

LF epitomises everything bad about modern professional players these days.

In his (small) mind he gets paid a lot of money for playing football.

Ergo - he believes is good at playing football.

I most organisation's we can all think of someone who is in reality at total f**kwitt, yet gets promoted and wins constant praise from management.

How?

By brown nosing and playing the part when the boss is around.

What I fail to understand is how LF get's away with it under SOD.

Maybe he is in possession of some sinister, compromising photo's or something.

It is the only rational explanation I can offer...

I think you are probably right there.

LF epitomises everything bad about modern professional players these days.

In his (small) mind he gets paid a lot of money for playing football.

Ergo - he believes is good at playing football.

I most organisation's we can all think of someone who is in reality at total f**kwitt, yet gets promoted and wins constant praise from management.

How?

By brown nosing and playing the part when the boss is around.

What I fail to understand is how LF get's away with it under SOD.

Maybe he is in possession of some sinister, compromising photo's or something.

It is the only rational explanation I can offer...

Has he still got those photos of SL and GF on Brandon Hill?

The bottom line for me is this Fontaine has been incredibly suspect since the failed Southampton transfer but Millen, DMC and now SOD have for some reason stuck with him, Killkenny has been piss poor since the day he signed but again Millen, DMC and now SOD have kept faith with him in fact SOD has incredibly bigged Killkenny up before the season even started, at least you know Elliott is going to give 100%, but the question has to be asked what are the majority missing with Fontaine and Killkenny that 3 professional managers are seeing?.

Perhaps your point should be why does the manager keep selecting failing players, to be honest it not only makes the manager a very easy target but was also the final nail in the coffin of the past 2 managers, let's hope SOD isn't going to be so stubborn.

Sums up my thoughts exactly.

Having been at the game today I can say I've never seen a goal as badly defended by a player as that 4th, it was scarily bad! The other goals were sloppy to say the least the the other defenders can take some blame but that 4th goal will give me nightmares. What has happen to Fontaine? He just doesn't look like any kind of footballer at all, let alone a professional. Totally shocking.

Archived