IGNORED

Worst City Players?

bcfcrobin1

Goes anyone remember Ray Atteveld in the early nineties, looked quite skilful but couldn't stay on the pitch, got sent off in his first game I think? According to Wikipedia only played 14 games for us.

Got a bad injury. He was a good player. But not very popular. Certainly hated at everton, where bailey let it slip they had a leaving party in a telephone box for him.

A ex reserve team captain I know said Osmsn paid a junior reserve team player to keep hitting atteveld hard in training, knowing he had a short fuse, it got the desired effect, and it gave osman and the board just the excuse they needed to get him off the payroll in 93

glenn pennyfather...no way, he was never that bad surely or am i confusing him with steve galliers?? wernt they both blonde and played around the same time, galliers was brilliant but never thought pennyfather was that bad

Galliers was a little before my time, but I remember Pennyfather as a slow useless midfielder who just seemed to get in the way.

Goes anyone remember Ray Atteveld in the early nineties, looked quite skilful but couldn't stay on the pitch, got sent off in his first game I think? According to Wikipedia only played 14 games for us.

When I was at the Ajax 'Experience' with a mate in Amsterdam, got talking to a guy that worked there and it turns out he is the half-brother of Atteveld. It was brought up because my mate was in an Everton shirt and he played for them as well.

Small world :P

1) Dynamo Dresden - awkward and useless. The only thing he was good at was being dreadful.

2) Julian "forty" Watts - about as inspiring

as a 40 watt light bulb

3) Julian Marshall (Sorry, I am going back a bit) - About as inspiring as cold custard after a night on the pi$$

Woeful and Fonts don't come anyway near these three

Surely foster is top 5? A full back that doesn't tackle. He was a joke.

Someone mentioned Ryan Taylor. He changed the game on Saturday!! Won everything in the air, gave their defence something to think about, linked well with jet and baldock. Shame he's now injured. Thought he was quality.

Got a bad injury. He was a good player. But not very popular. Certainly hated at everton, where bailey let it slip they had a leaving party in a telephone box for him.

A ex reserve team captain I know said Osmsn paid a junior reserve team player to keep hitting atteveld hard in training, knowing he had a short fuse, it got the desired effect, and it gave osman and the board just the excuse they needed to get him off the payroll in 93

He was a good player though... his face just didn't fit with others here. He rented a house in Chipping Sodbury, I did work for him. Top bloke always happy to talk footy.

A no nonsense midfielder who got stuck in and could pass... we could do with him now. I really liked him as a player.

Did have a short fuse though... You can't be a bad player if you go on from City to play in the Eredivisie and play against Ajax and the like.

76630-300-201-scale.jpg

76555-620-425-300x199.jpg

Archived