IGNORED

"we May Have To Sell Jet" - Sod

Red Ferret

Tis the only way forward for a small club like ours.

Think of Southampton ,there is the model,did n't hurt them too much did it?

I'm not sure I'd call Southampton a selling club. They have a good youth system, which has produced players of far higher quality than their league status has been appropriate for. Whilst they have sold some of these youth products, they haven't sold the players that they actually bought. We've bought JET, why sell him 5 months later. Where would Southampton be if they sold all of their best buys when they were stuck in League One, like L****ert, Lallana and Schneiderlin?

Sorry if the point's been already made - it's already a five pager over about 2 spoken quotes - but how about we wait and see what happens and cross the bridge then?

Nothing like conjecture, conspiracy and all round fanny attacks to keep things interesting, though, eh?

I know, it's a forum, it's what we do.

Could this possibility be SO'D letting clubs know we haven't got megabucks to spend? I think we all know the squad will need further strengthening in Jan but by saying it's possible we may need to sell JET clubs will be more reasonable when we come in with an offer. Up until now selling clubs look at Steve Lansdown and think "Lets stick another 20/25% on he's loaded" I think we can all see the club needs to cut outgoings and transfer fees are probably the second highest expenditure after wages. Could we be tempted to cash in on JET of course we could are we likely to I don't think so unless a terrific offer comes in. The thought of a second relegation will sent shivers down the spine of SL and the board and going down after selling the prize asset would be financial suicide. Just how many people would give up their season ticket in response to that scenario? No I think an extended contract for JET is more likely thus increasing his value. That's how I see I anyway.

I've not read all the posts on here, so I don't know if it's been mentioned.

JET may not want to leave.

He came here because SoD built a team around him and allowed him to play how he likes.

JET struggled in the Championship.

Maybe if he has his head on, he's only 22... what about staying with City and trying to get them promoted next season...after all SoD has given him a lifeline.

It could all go Pete tong again if he moves...better the devil you know if you get my drify.

I suppose it all depends what's written in his contract and if City want to let him go for a fee.

But it has to be agreed by both parties...

I agree with semblar. We're on a winner either way. However it depends on what the club do next.

- If JET wants to stay - offer him a new contract NOW.

- If JET leaves for a fee, let that fee be invested by way of recruiting decent players.

Otherwise, we'll have a Albert Adomah situation where we lose our best player and we don't reinvest the money.

If Jet goes, he goes. All players do eventually. Neither here or there really as to what happens if Im honest

PS Lay off G.O.B mind, pack mentality on here is horrendous, we're all Bristol City Fans, we all support the club in our own unique way and have our own views on things, there's no need for the rest of it. 

Steady on - Pack's mentality isn't that bad.  Personally I think it has improved the last couple of games...

I've not read all the posts on here, so I don't know if it's been mentioned.

JET may not want to leave.

He came here because SoD built a team around him and allowed him to play how he likes.

JET struggled in the Championship.

Maybe if he has his head on, he's only 22... what about staying with City and trying to get them promoted next season...after all SoD has given him a lifeline.

It could all go Pete tong again if he moves...better the devil you know if you get my drify.

I suppose it all depends what's written in his contract and if City want to let him go for a fee.

But it has to be agreed by both parties...

I understand where you are coming from and of course you are correct, as we know players have all of the power in transfers these days, the club has little or no power.

But far too many footballers unfortunately don't usually think that way, for far too many it's all about money, our own Mr Killkenny is testament to that, he never joined us because we are a bigger club than Leeds or that we were going to offer him a higher standard of football, he signed for us because we offered him an amount of money that Leeds simply didn't believe his skills set were commensurate with and the rest is history.

However lets hope JET is different, it would certainly add to his 'legend' if he signed a longer contract (if offered) or just said no I want to stay, but as many have said at the right price it could be win/win.

It makes no sense and is a load of rubbish imo, since City for the last year you could argue have been trying to get the club back into shape financially why would they have bought JET in the first place and paid him a high salary? I would say they bought him knowing his talent and what he can give us for the future. Maybe Baldock I could agree with but as JET is a recent summer purchase under SO'D and Jon Lansdown I can't imagine they didn't think about the financial side of it?  

I agree with semblar. We're on a winner either way. However it depends on what the club do next.

- If JET wants to stay - offer him a new contract NOW.

- If JET leaves for a fee, let that fee be invested by way of recruiting decent players.

Otherwise, we'll have a Albert Adomah situation where we lose our best player and we don't reinvest the money.

Did n't we reinvest the money on,amongst others,JET or am i dreaming ?

They've had to print a retraction this morning and admitted SOD didn't say that at all.

"Although at no time did he confirm the forward would definitely be sold"

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/articles/news/article/20059087

Back tracking or what!

The original quote is still online. There's no clarification/retraction to the article. At least not the one I'm looking at.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-forced-sell-star-player-Jay-Emmanuel/story-20057977-detail/story.html

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/story-20057977-detail/story.html?

Does that mean that to get players in we have to sell and that Steve Lansdown is no longer putting his money in,in that case as we get to like a player he will be gone ?

Yep, exactly that. That's where the club are at this present time and for at least 2/3 seasons to come. We can no longer expect to hang onto our 'best' players. We are effectively a 'selling club'. We are in Div 3 afterall and trying to balance the books. 

Did n't we reinvest the money on,amongst others,JET or am i dreaming ?

You're dreaming. The wage budget has been cut considerably this season. We spent a total of around 400K on Flint and Fielding of which Steven Davies fee paid for. JET was on a swap deal for Anderson (who was a free agent).

Therefore that 1 million we got from Adomah went... where?

You're dreaming. The wage budget has been cut considerably this season. We spent a total of around 400K on Flint and Fielding of which Steven Davies fee paid for. JET was on a swap deal for Anderson (who was a free agent).

Therefore that 1 million we got from Adomah went... where?

Paid off a small bit of our outstanding debt as will the 500k plus we get for JET in January.  

I for one am totally pissed off with this statement.

Our Manager is a complete PR liability to our club !!

SOD, please in future keep your mouth well and truly shut

Would that help when Schlockhausen makes it up anyway. Apparently the Post is printing a retraction, probably at the bottom of page 27 under the adverts for massage parlours.

Paid off a small bit of our outstanding debt as will the 500k plus we get for JET in January.

I'd like to think we'd get a great deal more than 500k! He could easily get 20+ by Xmas. Look at the rumoured fees for Bradford's Wells or how much Peterborough paid for the comparatively unproven Assombalonga.

I hope we keep him personally as I believe he's the most exciting player I've seen at City for years!

Archived