IGNORED

Fa Cup: Tamworth V Bristol City

Eco

So were playing comfortably crap then yea??

it isn't that hard to understand.

We look comfortable (In that we don't look like conceding)

We aren't playing well.

The reason for our comfort, therefore, is not due to us but the weakness of the opposition.

Second half, we look much better. 

No idea what you're talking about. I take you back to your first post on this thread. "this is painful"

I agreed. It is, and it will remain painful as this is not an enjoyable style to watch. I've heard enough people say "it's not different to SOD" and that leads me to think that nobody actually watches the games... We at least tried to move it out of defence before, the instinct wasn't to immediately thump it. Our issue was a lack of movement in midfield and it was starting to come together (Not results, but the way we were playing)

Now we're back to square one.

And let's be honest here, pal. You're the biggest person I disagree with on this forum.

You usually talk a lot of sense about footballing matters Jordan, but I think you're opinions on this game are being coloured by your perceptions of Cotterill as a manager. On balance, I think we're knocking it long from the back a little less than normal. I can only presume that you don't watch many early round FA cup matches because they're often just awful. Even when the higher ranked team are in form, they invariably turn into slog fests on a cabbage patch. Trying to play quick, intricate passing football on this pitch would be mental given the surface. We're mixing it up which is exactly right. Would I like to see us playing in a more attractive style? Yes. Are we playing the correct tactics for this game? I would say so

Yea lets hope he has seen that we won the first half 1-0 and changes it yea, what genius!

With respect, the formation change would hint that yes, that was what was needed in the opinion of the manager.

One moment of individual brilliance does not mean our first half was acceptable. The score never tells the full story and thankfully SC seems to have addressed that for the second half.

Archived